Sign in to follow this  
Scubacarrot

Heroica RPG - Quest #40: The Strivvian Job

OoC: Yes, the sealed-effect prevents enemies from using their special skill.

Relieved that her druidic powers turned the tables for the party, Ellaria decides to go into an offensive mode again and nurture the Ghost from the back row.

You are, of course, totally correct, I don't know how I missed that, I thought about it when I was first writing it down... I'm going to run the round now, since you'll all be attacking the statue.

Results of Round Eight of the Creepy Basement Battle:

Boomingham vs. "Suffering" - Damage (41 + 7 - 21 = 27 Health)

Atramor vs. "Suffering" - Special Mirror (no Effect)

Skrall vs. "Suffering" - Hit (11 + 2 + 21 = 34 x 3 = 102 Damage Dealt)

Ellaria nurtures Ghost - No healing

Rufindel vs. "Suffering" - Hit (WP: 10 + Level 14 = 24 Damage Dealt)

Nyx vs. "Suffering" - Shield Spellblade

Again the party attacks. Boomingham and Atramor have no luck in their attack, but Skrall lands another solid hit. But it is Rufindel who ends the battle, with a fierce strike of his staff he causes the statue to crumble. Since the ghost is not going to move on his own:

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Boomingham, Ellaria and Rufindel gain half a level. Atramor, Nyx and Skrall gain a third of a level. Boomingham, Nyx, Rufindel and Skrall level up. Boomingham now has the ability to wield three artifacts.

Party:

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham
(Zepher)
-Party Leader-

Level 20 Paladin
*Counterstriking*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
28/42

Ether:
14/14

Gold:
150 (Owes 100 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
King of the Desert (Longsword)
(WP: 9,
Fire,
Darkness
Earth
)
Round Metal Shield
(SP: 7),
Hood of Belthazar Bluehood
(+4 to Power, -6 to Ether),
Counterstrike Gloves
(On Free Hits, Deals damage to enemy equal to Boomingham's level)

Inventory:
, Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect,
Light
), Scupperer (WP: 10, Causes
Bleeding
Effect for 5 Damage until remedied or healed to full health), Shiver (WP: 11,
Ice
), Shadeux Shield (SP: 5), Dress Uniform (User is encouraged for the 1st round of battle), Bedroll, 4 Bones, 4 Meads, 1 Potion, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Grand Tonic, Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Mysterious Map

skrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)
*Favors
Humanoid
and
Mechanical
Enemies*
*Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound

Level 22 Hunter

Power:

Health:
36/36

Gold:
199 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Leojagd
(Greatsword, WP:20, User is
Slowed
),
Hunter's Quiver
(Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies),
Winged Sandles
(Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound
effects),
Lucky Doubloon
(Accessory, Grants "Special Guard"

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP:11, +4 vs. Beasts), Heavy Crossbow (WP:8, Knockback), ), Smoke Bomb x1, Grand Potion, Zoot's Plaything, Mead

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx (Pandora)

Level 23 Battle Mage
*Immune to
Asleep
and
Sealed
effects*

Defense:

Health:
32/32

Ether:
31/33

Gold:
180 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Book of a Thousand Creatures
(WP: 13; each hit has a 1/3 chance to summon a creature Edgar to aid the hero),
Sandman's Parasol
(immune to
Asleep
)
Robe of the Archmagi
(SP:3, Max. Ether +5, protects from
Sealed
-effect)

Inventory:
Dawnstar II (WP: 9), The Fishstick (WP:7 Double damage while on ships), Shiny Helmet (+1 Max Health), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Wooden Shield (SP:2), Ruby (
Fire
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Emerald (
Wood
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Garnet (
Earth
), Scroll of Weakening, Mead, Potion, Tonics (2), Grand Tonics (2), Holy Bomb, Bones (5), Ether Core, 2x Bedroll, Bomb XX

7763856174_8a7636e4b7_t_d.jpg

Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie)

Level 22.66 Witch
*Deals Badly Poisoned*
*Counterstriking*

Health:
39/39

Ether:
0/20

Gold:
195 (Owes 187 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Ratsbane
(WP: 10, absorbs 2 health on successful strike,
Fire,
Ice,
Earth
Wind
elemental),
Witch's Talisman
(
Poisoned Hits
becomes
Badly Poisoned Hits
),
Counterstrike Gloves
(When hit by a Free Hit, immediately deals damage equal to level),
Marksman's Monocle
(Misses are rerolled),

Inventory:
Explosive Staff – WP: 12 (Does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row)),Ratmancer's Cowl (Deals double damage against Vermin), Sword of Ancestral Hatred (WP: 6, gains 1 WP every kill made with it), Heavy Flail (WP: 5 Fragile Effect), Staff of the Elven Warlock (WP: 5,
wood
elemental), Topaz(
Lightning
), Fire Bomb, Bomb XX (Deals 30 damage to all enemies and 10 damage to all heroes, all damage ignoring SP/row), Dragon Scale (Gives Lucky and Blessed effects on consumption), Strivvian Keystone, Shovel, Pickaxe

ava-ellaria3.jpg

Ellaria Arbour (Sandy)

Level 17.5 Druid
*Immune to
Sealed
effect*

Power:
30 (26)

Health:
32/32

Ether:
3/22

Gold:

Equipment:
Ignis Fatuus
(WP:10,
fire
-elemental staff),
Mage's Muffler
(protects from
Sealed
effect)
Black Bandana
(+3 Power),

Inventory:
Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:6,
wood
-elemental crossbow), (Potion, 2 Grand Potions, 1 Elixir, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass , Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile for rest of battle, 5 ether, 50/50 chance), Bone, -1 Cheese, Topaz (
Lightning
)

5909786980_7e1e6811fb_t.jpg

Rufindel Galadhras (Rufus)

Level 15 Cleric

Power
:

Defense:

Health:
25/25

Ether:
21/21

Gold:
265 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Fauxthril Staff
(WP:10) ,
Warlord's Helmet
(SP:2 Grants 'Natural Respite')
Cloak of Chimera
(+2 Health, +2 Ether)

Inventory:
Malfunctioning Staff (WP:12, on succesful attack, has a 50% chance to do half of WP damage to self instead(Ignoring SP and Row))
Potion x2, Remedy x2, Bone x2, Pickaxe, Tonic, Bedroll, Venom, Deadly Venom, Grand Potion, Wooden Shield(SP:2), Orcish Drum (WP: 8), Gold Ore (Worth 80 Gold)

Party Leader, please divide the loot: Pictures up in a bit.

8179414703_1cdc61ed87_t.jpgEctoplasm - Grants a permanent + 2 Max. Ether

8179446988_45216699bb_t.jpgSilver Mace - WP: 8 Sells for double the usual value to vendors, can't be upgraded.

8179414763_4e9a512680_t.jpgSilver Claw - WP: 8 Sells for double the usual value to vendors, can't be upgraded. (Dagger Weapon)

8179414863_8edde04985_t.jpgSilver Longsword - WP: 8 Sells for double the usual value to vendors, can't be upgraded.

8179446842_b4a9273fb2_t.jpgPseudos' Hood - Suitable for anyone, allows regular attacks to do damage against the undead.

Edited by Scubacarrot

Atramor stows his weapons, glancing over the loot.

"Don't envy whoever ends up downin' that slime. Let's just divy up this stuff and head back to sleep, I don't wanna be caught without any ether next battle."

"Ellaria, I hope you have more faith in yourself now, for your deity surely came to our aid through you in our moment of greatest need."

Nyx smiles kindly at Ellaria, who seems to her to be a timid girl who doesn't realise the power she can wield.

"Same with you Rufie, you managed to finish that statue off despite all your talk of ineffectually scratching things. And Mr Skrall, thanks all the same, but I'm not sure I need your 'permission' to hit stuff, but it's nice to know I have it anyway. :tongue:

Now, are we sleeping here or what?"

Ellaria looks down at her feet.

"Thank you, Nyx. I try my best to keep up my faith in Sylvania, but sometimes it's hard... when inexplicably bad things happen... I shouldn't question the trials that my Goddess puts me through, but can a mere mortal be expected to understand the will of the higher powers? Sorry, this is no time for a religious debate. As far as the loot goes, I wouldn't mind getting the Ectoplasm, although I imagine it will be hard to swallow, literally."

Boomingham grunts and glances around with his eye narrowed, but sees nothing out of place. He picks up the items left behind by their foes.

"Never got to ask them which deadie we bothered. Oh well. Ellaria, your wish is my command, here's that ectoplasm you wanted. Rufindel, Nyx and Atramor, you each get on of these weapons... let's say mace to Nyx, claw to Rufindel, and Sword to Atramor. Those should make up for some gold imbalances from before. Look how shiny they are. Ogre, the hood is yours."

"Thank you, this is much appreciated", Ellaria says as she takes the ectoplasm and promptly consumes it. She can only hope it has the ether-boosting properties that it seems to have...

Updated Party:

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham
(Zepher)
-Party Leader-

Level 20 Paladin
*Counterstriking*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
28/42

Ether:
14/14

Gold:
150 (Owes 100 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
King of the Desert (Longsword)
(WP: 9,
Fire,
Darkness
Earth
)
Round Metal Shield
(SP: 7),
Hood of Belthazar Bluehood
(+4 to Power, -6 to Ether),
Counterstrike Gloves
(On Free Hits, Deals damage to enemy equal to Boomingham's level)

Inventory:
, Frozen Saber (WP: 9, stunned effect,
Light
), Scupperer (WP: 10, Causes
Bleeding
Effect for 5 Damage until remedied or healed to full health), Shiver (WP: 11,
Ice
), Shadeux Shield (SP: 5), Dress Uniform (User is encouraged for the 1st round of battle), Bedroll, 4 Bones, 4 Meads, 1 Potion, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Grand Tonic, Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Mysterious Map

skrall.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)
*Favors
Humanoid
and
Mechanical
Enemies*
*Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound

Level 22 Hunter

Power:

Health:
36/36

Gold:
199 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Leojagd
(Greatsword, WP:20, User is
Slowed
),
Hunter's Quiver
(Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies),
Winged Sandles
(Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound
effects),
Lucky Doubloon
(Accessory, Grants "Special Guard"

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP:11, +4 vs. Beasts), Heavy Crossbow (WP:8, Knockback), ), Pseudos' Hood (Regular attacks hit undead), Smoke Bomb x1, Grand Potion, Zoot's Plaything, Mead

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx (Pandora)

Level 23 Battle Mage
*Immune to
Asleep
and
Sealed
effects*

Defense:

Health:
32/32

Ether:
31/33

Gold:
180 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Book of a Thousand Creatures
(WP: 13; each hit has a 1/3 chance to summon a creature Edgar to aid the hero),
Sandman's Parasol
(immune to
Asleep
)
Robe of the Archmagi
(SP:3, Max. Ether +5, protects from
Sealed
-effect)

Inventory:
Silver Mace (WP:8 Double Sell Value), Dawnstar II (WP: 9), The Fishstick (WP:7 Double damage while on ships), Shiny Helmet (+1 Max Health), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Wooden Shield (SP:2), Ruby (
Fire
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Emerald (
Wood
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Garnet (
Earth
), Scroll of Weakening, Mead, Potion, Tonics (2), Grand Tonics (2), Holy Bomb, Bones (5), Ether Core, 2x Bedroll, Bomb XX

7763856174_8a7636e4b7_t_d.jpg

Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie)

Level 22.66 Witch
*Deals Badly Poisoned*
*Counterstriking*

Health:
39/39

Ether:
0/20

Gold:
195 (Owes 187 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Ratsbane
(WP: 10, absorbs 2 health on successful strike,
Fire,
Ice,
Earth
Wind
elemental),
Witch's Talisman
(
Poisoned Hits
becomes
Badly Poisoned Hits
),
Counterstrike Gloves
(When hit by a Free Hit, immediately deals damage equal to level),
Marksman's Monocle
(Misses are rerolled),

Inventory:
Silver Sword (WP:8 Double Sell Value), Explosive Staff – WP: 12 (Does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row)),Ratmancer's Cowl (Deals double damage against Vermin), Sword of Ancestral Hatred (WP: 6, gains 1 WP every kill made with it), Heavy Flail (WP: 5 Fragile Effect), Staff of the Elven Warlock (WP: 5,
wood
elemental), Topaz(
Lightning
), Fire Bomb, Bomb XX (Deals 30 damage to all enemies and 10 damage to all heroes, all damage ignoring SP/row), Dragon Scale (Gives Lucky and Blessed effects on consumption), Strivvian Keystone, Shovel, Pickaxe

ava-ellaria3.jpg

Ellaria Arbour (Sandy)

Level 17.5 Druid
*Immune to
Sealed
effect*

Power:
30 (26)

Health:
32/32

Ether:
5/24

Gold:

Equipment:
Ignis Fatuus
(WP:10,
fire
-elemental staff),
Mage's Muffler
(protects from
Sealed
effect)
Black Bandana
(+3 Power),

Inventory:
Sylvania's Crossbow (WP:6,
wood
-elemental crossbow), (Potion, 2 Grand Potions, 1 Elixir, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Flash Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass , Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile for rest of battle, 5 ether, 50/50 chance), Bone, -1 Cheese, Topaz (
Lightning
)

5909786980_7e1e6811fb_t.jpg

Rufindel Galadhras (Rufus)

Level 15 Cleric

Power
:

Defense:

Health:
25/25

Ether:
21/21

Gold:
265 (Owes 125 to Gurnam)

Equipment:
Fauxthril Staff
(WP:10) ,
Warlord's Helmet
(SP:2 Grants 'Natural Respite')
Cloak of Chimera
(+2 Health, +2 Ether)

Inventory:
Silver Claw (WP:8 Double Sell Value),Malfunctioning Staff (WP:12, on succesful attack, has a 50% chance to do half of WP damage to self instead(Ignoring SP and Row))
Potion x2, Remedy x2, Bone x2, Pickaxe, Tonic, Bedroll, Venom, Deadly Venom, Grand Potion, Wooden Shield(SP:2), Orcish Drum (WP: 8), Gold Ore (Worth 80 Gold)

After the loot is divided, the party takes a good look around. Unlike Boomingham stated, the ghost was still around, floating slowly in mid air. It did not seem to have any violent tendencies anymore. Then, the party hears a voice. It seems only half of it they hear with their ears, the other part seems to be said in their mind, an odd feeling. It seems to be coming from the ghost.

8135356559_b32446df28_t.jpg

"Tell me. What reason to break into, and defile, the temple of Pseudos have you? We have not hurt your kind for years, and now this??! Answer, or face the consequences."

What will the party say?

Edited by Scubacarrot

Atramor raised an eyebrow tiredly at the spirit.

"We needed a place to stay. If we knew there was a ghost and a couple of homicidal statues here we wouldn't've bothered."

"What blasphemy?! A place to stay? The Temple of Pseudos is no inn for the weary traveler! The only one that belong here are the true followers of Pseudos. Tell me, who drove you against him?!"

"I'd try to kill him, of course, but I wouldn't assume he'd just lie down and accept his death."

Edited by CallMePie

"I am not one for jests. Hmmm... You don't seem like the others, you are different somehow... There is a certain strength of you... Yes... To make you champions of Pseudos, would be a slap in the face for His enemies..."

Edited by Scubacarrot

Skrall dons the hood twirling his dabloon between his fingers. "Tell me spook, who is this god Pseudos that you serve and why was his temple left in such disaray and abandonment?"

Atramor sighed. Now this ghost was trying to convert him?

"And just why the hell should I do that?"

"You do not need to do anything. You just need to accept. You claim to not know Pseudos' Greatness? Perhaps His believe has deteriorated faster than I had anticipated... Pseudos is the God of Protection, the herald of justice, the shepherd of all races, and the protector of the innocent. He works both in shadows, and in the light, He is the one that heralds the passing between day and night, and in all his works he protects the balance of the Just. In life, I was his high priest. Above you , and not too long ago, was a great temple, but darkness struck. Our forces had been hard at work fighting the Enemy any way we could, and we were succeeding. Not all agreed with our ways, but the Enemy deserved no mercy, for it's very nature oozed cruelty. When the Vindicator was away beyond these walls, the Enemy struck, killed the majority of Pseudos' followers, myself included, and levelled the Temple to the ground. This room however, the Enemy could not penetrate. They tried, but all who did fell. In the end, they sealed it away. When you got in here I assumed Pseudos' protection had faltered and the Enemy with it's twisted ways had found a way past, but it seems you are not the enemy after all, however much you seem like it. You might not know it, but you are walking a line. Do you accept the Championhood of Pseudos? I don't know how much the faith has faltered, but even in death it will be my duty to make it great again. You can be a part of that, and you will have His gifts along your journey."

For several moments, Atramor contemplated the ghost's words, sometimes with quiet input (more like subtle pushing in the direction she wanted, he thought) from McCafferey.

"Servin' a god of beatin' the hell outta evil with rewards and no expectations of anythin' in return sounds like my kinda god. But I've lived my life not placin' any faith in divinities, and that ain't changin'."

"Servin' a god of beatin' the hell outta evil with rewards and no expectations of anythin' in return sounds like my kinda god. But I've lived my life not placin' any faith in divinities, and that ain't changin'."

"I can work with that... If you bear His mark, your deeds will bring fame, and people will once again follow the just course, and place their faith in Pseudos."

"Tell me, what was this Enemy like?"

"The Enemy were ordinary men and women at first glance, but in truth they are far more dangerous. Afraid our justice would wipe them from this world, they took arms, and nearly destroyed us. I do not know if they still walk among the people of this city, but I imagine they do. If you have His mark, you will know, when you see them. Now, what say you?"

Boomingham smiles slightly. He paces towards the ghost.

"High Priest, hear me. This Pseudos of your's sounds like a being I could like. You say that he was once great, and that he is no longer. He needs a champion? And he believes in the good and just, but not in good and evil. He fights cruelty, not greed, but cruelty. Do I hear you right, Ghost? If this is so, you have found yourself a champion. I've never been one for Gods, but that is only because I believe that we make our own way in the world. This Pseudos sounds like he shares this belief. A shepherd, not a commander. Do I understand correctly?"

"Pseudos himself does not fight anything. Gods do not intervene. He is the personification of a protector. It does not matter what is being fought, or for what cause. It is only important those that do not deserve harm do not get inflicted harm. His followers would never wage war, but if war was waged upon them, they would strike back with all their might. Spread this belief, and you can be a champion of Pseudos."

Edited by Scubacarrot

OoC: Spread this belief* :wink: So many people on this site speak English so well it's hard to remember it's not their first language. I'm lost in the language I studied. Sorry to be nit-picky, just telling you so you know for the future! :thumbup:

"You can count Lord Lawrence Boomingham on your side. Your beliefs are the same as mine."