chard5000

Hi everybody!

Hello,

My name is Chard, and I decided to finally join Eurobricks. I grew up with lego between the Space Police 1 through the appearance of Exploriens timeframe. After which was a dark time where I sold all (or most) of my awesome old toys at various garage sales because of course such things weren't "cool."

So fast forward to modern times and I have been drawn back into lego thanks to the Galaxy Patrol minifig. At first I only grabbed 1, and thought "that’s enough." but then I somehow ended up with 8…

I went back to my parents to retrieve what was left of my brother and I's old lego stashes. After rifeling through a couple buckets and a lunch box I was amazed at how many of my dear old space figures I didn’t sell. Most notably my 2 favorite minifigs of all time a Blacktron 1 fig and 2 Spyrius Droids. Ahh nostalgia. Sadly something diabolical must have happened as I could only recover helmets and torsos of fallen Space Police 2 and M-Tron civilians.

Anyway, that’s my story in a nutshell, I'm currently really loving the CMF line, slowly but surely getting into the Monster Fighters line (love the Zombie set), and fervently wishing for a comeback of all my old favorite Space themes.

While I am no longer into the space stuff now that I came out of the Dark Ages, I definitely remember looking at my friend's Space Police 1 sets with a little jealousy (for some reason my parents got me a ton of Lego - just never any space stuff). Given the time frame, we probably experienced a lot of the same sets and Dark Ages. At least you found a few of your old figures - all of mine are sadly gone.

Anyway, from one new member to another, welcome aboard.

Thank you sir! And welcome to you as well!

While I myself was mostly into the space stuff, My brother was definitely into the castle and pirate themes, I distinctly remember thinking the islanders were really cool. Other than that we may have had a few city sets between the 2 of us, but that’s about it for our lego depth.

My parents went to visit him and his wife recently and I sent an old Forestman along. But he's going to have to come back for all his Wolfpack and Dragon Knights.

Ah, such a sad story. :sad: But at least the ending shows a new, happy beginning! Glad to see that you are getting back into the Lego world, and that some of your favorite minifigs survived the "Dark Ages"! :laugh:

Welcome to Eurobricks Chard!

If 8 Galaxy Patrol minifigs is too much for you, I could take them off your hands :laugh: I liked the CMF line but I stopped buying for about 3 series after getting 3 werewolves and scientists (series 4) :hmpf: but getting back soon! Monster Fighters is a good line too.