Bricksan

CMF Monster Set & Rock Band Set

They just released a set with the elf? The VIP minifigures exclusive set had the CMF mummy, the elf, the fisherman, the gorilla suit guy and the evil space guy. It was out a month or two ago.

Yes, but as I later said: those other figures does not interest me the slightest. You cannot compare such a random assortment of figures to one of these nice themed packages, imo.

The problem with the set with the elf is there seemed to be little rhyme or reason to it... just because those were voted the highest (and I sincerely doubt that), doesn't mean that anybody that voted for one would care at all for the others. It really made little sense.

The beach set, and now these other sets, are themes. Much better, IMO.

So if they wanted to release one in the future with the elf, the dwarf, and perhaps some, as of yet unreleased CMF (not necessarily - the ghost wasn't a CMF), then that'd be far better for the vast majority of people who want elves... especially if the mixed it up and used the dark werewolf hair with standard yellow ears. Ahem.

Exactly.

Excellent stuff! The figure variations is much better than the vip one. Black works much better for the punk rocker, although I'm not sure about that green hair for the rocker guy. The graveyard set is just average, as although the zombie and ghosts are excellent, the witch figure is one of the worst rekeased and the graveyard is rather bad.

Really like the Monsters Set, 3 Figs, 4 Animals (Snake, Spider, Bat and a Frog)! And with the new Zombie Torso we have 6 different Zombies (donĀ“t forget the Cook from Haunted House), thats a nice little Army!

Edited by Cthulhu

Thank you very much for these pics, Bricksan! :classic:

I'm not interestes in the Monster Fighters BP, but the Rockband set is really cool! :thumbup:

I really like it that they put in a drumset. The only thing I don't like is that they used nearly the same torsos and exactly the same faces. Otherwise it's a great opportunity to add it to the CMF rockband minifigures and so have a whole band (only a mixer console is missing).

Klaus-Dieter

I will definitely snag those monsters. The witch is not amazing, but the other 2 are very welcome additions to my Legion of Monsters.

I will get me one of those monster packs.

Hopefuly Lego will make and fantasy theme and also an ancient warriors theme set. And my dreams come true :laugh: an Castle fig theme set :tongue:

The graveyard set is just average, as although the zombie and ghosts are excellent, the witch figure is one of the worst rekeased and the graveyard is rather bad.

I guess that's to be expected from someone with the handle "has a differing opinion," but I have to ask, what's wrong with the witch? I think it's an excellent archetypal witch. How could it be any better?

Oh yes. That rock band set will be mine. I love these little sets Lego's releasing, I hope we see a lot more of this.

I really love that Rock Band set, but like others have said it would have been nicer to have gotten a one piece guitar. Perhaps in Red with a white pick guard. I really dig the green Mohawk reminds me of the Joker boss from Arkham asylum. Not to fussed about the monster set but that would be a great way to get some zombies.

I guess that's to be expected from someone with the handle "has a differing opinion," but I have to ask, what's wrong with the witch? I think it's an excellent archetypal witch. How could it be any better?

Well yes, it's an excellent witch, but I don't like witches and I think it's not a very good figure.

I LOVE the monster set! To all the complainers, it's meant to compliment the Haunted Mansion set, as well as the other MF sets AND Halloween in general. Lego is aiming this set at the gift-buyers.

I really wish that the Zombie was the same as CMF S1. But I'm really disappointed that the Witch is completely unchanged from S2. A different face at least would have been nice. And we could always use more Ghosts!

I'm army-buying a TON of these sets! Plus *maybe* one Rock & Roll set. Will have to see it in person first.

Though I'll be buying a couple of each set, I'm most interested for these parts to hit Bricklink so I can stock up on some of them. Especially that rocker hair and the zombie head. :excited:

I feel that my problem with the witch, and its only a minor problem, is the rest of the set contents. The zombie, ghost, and grave stone all facilitate this to be army-buildable. Make a whole cemetery for your castle, or haunted house and have any army of ghosts and ghouls parading about. But the witch is semi-specific. It would be a little weird to have an army of those.

Of course this isnt a problem for people who donā€™t care for army building in the slightest. And for some reason I'm drawing a blank on anything that would fit it better. The Monster? Mad Scientist? Not any better and we have them in the regular monster fighter line anyway. Maybe the new Man-Bat. At least we haven't seen the witch since her CMF appearance.

I just picked these up yesterday at LEGOLAND California and they look great! All of the prints are the exact same as the Collectable Minifigs - but with new or transposed colors.

Zombie: just reversed the brown and grey

Witch: Identical to the CMF (black hands as well)

Rocker Chick: indentical printing - just in black and white only

Punk Rocker: The red on the torso has been switched to magenta, the pants are dark blue, and the mohichan is lime green (no white details, just solid lime)

Rapper: shirt and hat print is now silver instead of gold, the face has been switched to the same one from the Disco Dude, and the pants are now black

New thing to me is the 1x2 tile. At first glance, it looked like a reprint of the letter tile on dark grey, but it seems to be a new print with a bat and the RIP.

I just picked these up yesterday at LEGOLAND California and they look great! All of the prints are the exact same as the Collectable Minifigs - but with new or transposed colors.

Zombie: just reversed the brown and grey

Witch: Identical to the CMF (black hands as well)

Rocker Chick: indentical printing - just in black and white only

Punk Rocker: The red on the torso has been switched to magenta, the pants are dark blue, and the mohichan is lime green (no white details, just solid lime)

Rapper: shirt and hat print is now silver instead of gold, the face has been switched to the same one from the Disco Dude, and the pants are now black

New thing to me is the 1x2 tile. At first glance, it looked like a reprint of the letter tile on dark grey, but it seems to be a new print with a bat and the RIP.

Can you take some pictures, please (even poor quality would be welcome) :cry_happy: ?

I feel that my problem with the witch, and its only a minor problem, is the rest of the set contents. The zombie, ghost, and grave stone all facilitate this to be army-buildable. Make a whole cemetery for your castle, or haunted house and have any army of ghosts and ghouls parading about. But the witch is semi-specific. It would be a little weird to have an army of those.

That's a good point. I like the witch quite a bit, but I only need one. Even if I wanted to recreate Macbeth, I'd need at most three, whereas a decent cemetery would have a lot of ghosts, zombies, and gravestones.

Maybe I'll just hand out the extra witches to trick or treaters.

These sets look...moderate. :sceptic: Maybe that's because none of my favorite minifigures have been released in these CMF "combination packs". I, however, hope that LEGO keeps releasing these "combination packs", as I see there is a lot of potential for these in the future. :classic:

In celebration of the Monster and Rock Band set,

I present the hastily made Monsters of Rock:

7804965168_77fba98acc.jpg

mor by FredJH, on Flickr

Yes, that Monster Fighters set is a must buy! And if you are looking for the new ghost I think it's a better buy than the polybag ghost.

Does anyone know if this is the cheapest way to get the ghost mini figure in the USA? I know that there was a small polybag of him that came with a clock but I believe that it may had sonly been available in Europe. I have a lot of fond memories of the ghost figure from my time as a young Lego Maniac.

What is a zombie doing with a walkie talkie?

Nothing probably, but then again zombies don't do much with anything except braaaaaaaiins. Apparently the guy had a walkie talkie before he was turned into a zombie. Like a 80's style yuppie businessman. Arguably a walkie talkie and a suitcase make a lot more sense than a shovel and a chicken leg. :tongue:

Edited by Haltiamieli