just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

HaHa! The plot thickens! Excellent! I told you the story would make things more interesting. I'm glad there's a cool back-story behind the somewhat bizarre theme. I'm interested in seeing how the sets fit in, and the style of the minifigures. I'm pleased it's more than Humans vs. Monsters. :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Wow, that is rather intriguing, and I never feel that way about LEGO stories anymore. *huh* I'm still going to take it with a grain of salt, I expect it'll turn out to be just as zany as Ninjago. Well, maybe not that much, but still lighthearted.

Sounds like an animal version of Flash Gordon, where Ming kept the different groups of people....the sky, trees and ground hating each other until Flash unites them....same old story all over again told a slightly different way. :wink:

The way I read it, less friendly or comic than Ninjago....Lego's answer to Thundercats for sure....can't wait for the TV series on Cartoon Network then. :wink:

That actually sounds pretty interesting. I wasn't really interested at first, but now...

I'll wait and see. Still need to see pictures of the sets before I make a decision.

Even if I don't like the sets, I still will probably watch the series. I guess we don't know who's animating it?

Kalhiki

Well, there you go. Pretty much what I predicted and not much more. :sadnew: So does this confirm the existence of a TV show? If so, TLG will have to come up with some pretty good ideas in order to not make this seem like a Thundercats rip-off.

how do you explain a theme in which large humanoid animals who do battle with mechanical vehicles. :wink:

Apparently like

Sounds like Fabuland went BAD :devil:

Indeed. I can very well imagine this "pure paradise" that Chima is supposed to have been to be very much like Fabuland.

Wow, that is rather intriguing, and I never feel that way about LEGO stories anymore. *huh* I'm still going to take it with a grain of salt, I expect it'll turn out to be just as zany as Ninjago. Well, maybe not that much, but still lighthearted.

I don't see what's so intriguing about it, but yes, I'm sure it will be just as lighthearted and cheesy as Ninjago.

" but yes, I'm sure it will be just as lighthearted ans cheesy as Ninjago. "

I feel it could be more like the Bionicle series of films....yeah, a minifig scale Bionicle ! :wink:

Again same old same old, good vs. evil.....just proves nothing ever really changes in the world of children's entertainment ! :laugh:

The hungarian 'Monobrand' store posted the history of Chima

(sorry if it has some fails but i'm lazy and it has translated by google)

We had the chance to see the new LEGO game Legends of Chima is subject, but unfortunately, so far we can not provide pictures, but not just be jealous, Chima unveil legends of history:

"The Chima kingdom in a magical land, which is at a very advanced species dominate. These creatures are like people walk and talk. Vehicle result, machines are used, and amazing castles, fortresses live. But do not mistake love: these animals, claws, teeth, some are equipped with wings and tail. and now at war with each other.

Chima The kingdom that was once pure, natural paradise, heavily armed barbarians species battlefield has changed. Best friends become sworn enemies of each other. Ruthless weapons destroyed the once sacred temples. Blood-thirsty vehicles aggravate each other furiously fatal duel in the forest.

The creatures are fiercely fighting a powerful element of the natural resource called Chi rule over the acquisition, which is the life and the unimaginable destruction is also a source.

Only a few brave hero in Chima understand the true nature of the Chi, and that this leads to total destruction of misuse Chima. Their stories, and those who want to destroy them, the following are known: THE LEGENDS OF CHIM ... "

Legends of The LEGO Chima will be introduced next January, initially 14 kit, or separate, 22-minute TV series together. Wait for it?

Interesting... I think that the "Chi" is the blue crystals included in the "Starter Set" pics we saw earlier, right?

And it seems that after 33 years of peace in Fabuland, war finally breaks out. :devil_laugh:

Largest set is crocodile looking ship. Large city ship hull in sand green (at least it looks like sand green or it could also be new colour) is used, with added "legs" on the outside of the hull crocodile looking bick built "mouth" at the front.

It looks nice, but its still city ship hull.

I don't see what's so intriguing about it, but yes, I'm sure it will be just as lighthearted and cheesy as Ninjago.

Maybe it's just because I never got into Thundercats. Though seriously, my first impression was that it seemed dark for LEGO, but I'm not so sure it will stay that way. At least not much darker than Hero Factory.

Sounds interesting. I'll be interested to see what LEGO will do with the TV series.

Largest set is crocodile looking ship. Large city ship hull in sand green (at least it looks like sand green or it could also be new colour) is used, with added "legs" on the outside of the hull crocodile looking bick built "mouth" at the front.

Interesting. I wonder if the mouth opens.

Though seriously, my first impression was that it seemed dark for LEGO, but I'm not so sure it will stay that way. At least not much darker than Hero Factory.

Hero Factory is not dark... At all. If you were to multiply the "darkness" by several hundred, it still wouldn't be as dark as Ninjago. Darkness appeals to kids that like bad guys, but that doesn't mean that the good guys are shining little lights either.

Edited by Penkid11

I agree that it feels like it is a little violent for LEGO. I mean they use the words "bloodthirsty" and they talk about total war and destruction. Just seems a little extreme for LEGO :shrug_confused:

Edited by Spider-Man

Remember that it is the result of google translator. Could be less violate in English.

Remember that it is the result of google translator. Could be less violate in English.

It could very well be a recipe for bean dip, or some sort of strange manifesto. This is someone's vague look at something, that hey didn't quite understand , nd had never seen before. Using only a very small clip. And the having he whole thing run brought google translate.

The theme might be better than thought to be, we will just have to wait and see.

It could very well be a recipe for bean dip, or some sort of strange manifesto. This is someone's vague look at something, that hey didn't quite understand , nd had never seen before. Using only a very small clip. And the having he whole thing run brought google translate.

LOL

I'm looking forward to seeing this, though I have no idea if it'll make me part with my money! The idea sounds intresting an the minifigs do look rather good, now lets wait and see what the sets look like.

OK, you've got my attention: By "large" city ship hull, are you talking the same size as the 2011 City Police Boat, or the gigantic ship that came with the City Harbor set several years back? If it is the former, I might just get it because I could use a Frigate-sized (that's what I use the police boat sized hulls for) boat hull in sand green.

OK, you've got my attention: By "large" city ship hull, are you talking the same size as the 2011 City Police Boat, or the gigantic ship that came with the City Harbor set several years back? If it is the former, I might just get it because I could use a Frigate-sized (that's what I use the police boat sized hulls for) boat hull in sand green.

A boat hull in sand green could be useful (maybe for sailing through scum-covered rivers?)

I think its same as in last years harbour, except for the colour. It looks like sand green, but those pics can be misleading, so it could also be ordinary green.

Sand green would be great for PT gunboat.