just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

I agree. Just a little bit shorter and it would have been perfect, but this is just too long.

• One of the gimmicks being emphasized for most of these animal vehicles is that the mouths of them can fit minifigures.

So the vehicles can eat the minifigures! :laugh: Interesting.

• Perhaps the biggest revelation, if it's accurate and not just preliminary: this page says there are six clans, with the sixth being a gorilla clan on the "good" side.

Gorillas? Why not rhinos? :wacko: However, I will look forward to seeing the vehicle the gorillas will have!

I wonder if they'll use the CMF Gorrilla Suit Guy head.

Most likely, since LEGO likes to reuse molds for various ideas. Maybe CMF's foreshadow upcoming themes more than we thought! :classic:

Edited by Robominer

The Chima Wiki (a new project, from the makers of The Ninjago Wiki), brings you multiple teaser images from LEGO Legends of Chima!

I'm not including the ones that most everyone has seen so far. Just in case you by any chance haven't seen them, here you go.

This appeared today:

Teaser_04.jpg

A nice, high-res shot of the orb, however I had already made a nice SVG of one here. I'll revise that using this HD one later today.

Teaser_05.jpg

A very cool image, I think. The being in the background... Possible Chima constraction set?

Teaser_06.jpg

A pretty cool image of a Speedor (a Speedorz?):

Teaser_07.jpg

This is a very awesome floating island. Possible gorilla clan? Who knows... It is prelim though, but it could be something later in 2013 or 2014.

Teaser_08.jpg

Another set image:

Teaser_09.jpg

Another prelim, but gives us a good idea of what the setting of the theme will be like:

Teaser_10.jpg

Also, I have some great news from Jim Foulds regarding Chima:

Chima has already been designed for the next two years! [source] (Screenshot from my phone). :classic:

Edited by Meiko

@Above

Where did those prelim and Speedorz images come from? the LEGO site has nothing on it.

-Sci

Those pictures are pretty interesting. We did need an official floating rocks theme, didn't we?

Also, I have some great news from Jim Foulds regarding Chima:

Chima has already been designed for the next two years! [source] (Screenshot from my phone). :classic:

Are you sure that's what he meant, though? The way I read the question, it might be mistaken for you asking how long the current sets were under development.

A very cool image, I think. The being in the background... Possible Chima constraction set?

http://chima.brickcr...a/Teaser_06.jpg

OH GOODNESS YES

Maybe we're getting constraction sets after all. :3

Though probably not in the early wave since no set details emerged for figures like these. I'd suspect them to show up by the summer, if at all.

Wow, those are some nifty teasers. I guess the Lion clan appears to be the "main" protagonist. Also loving that view of the croc boat!

Those are some nice pictures. :thumbup: Looks to me like on one of those rock things there is a croc head, a gorrilla head, and a lion head. :look:

Hmmm... I like the images. And the Constraction set. Look at the shoulder pieces. I'm really wanting to see what the Constraction line brings in terms of new molds.

I'm really loving the scenery images. Hopefully this is a taste of what we'll get in the show.

And now that I'm looking at this more, I'm getting pretty excited for this line.

Also, if we get Gorilla figures, perhaps a giant Gorilla Mech for them as a vehicle? That'd be different.

Kalhiki

Hmmm... I like the images. And the Constraction set. Look at the shoulder pieces. I'm really wanting to see what the Constraction line brings in terms of new molds.

The fur armors look so cool, but beyond that, we'd be sure to get some nice new armor colors too.

Judging by the characters we've seen, we could get armors in tan, non-metallic grays, medium blue, army green, etc.

That would be AMAZING.

What, like Iron Kong?

TOY-RBT-0904.jpg

Woo, Lego and Zoids come together at last for proper!

(No just me, my Ultrasaurus and my buddies LEGO movie maker...)

The fur armors look so cool, but beyond that, we'd be sure to get some nice new armor colors too.

Judging by the characters we've seen, we could get armors in tan, non-metallic grays, medium blue, army green, etc.

That would be AMAZING.

We also don't know if it'll be a set or not yet. :/ It could have been designed but deemed unprofitable, like the Treehouse Fortress set in Ninjago. I sure hope it is released though.

What, like Iron Kong?

TOY-RBT-0904.jpg

Woo, Lego and Zoids come together at last for proper!

(No just me, my Ultrasaurus and my buddies LEGO movie maker...)

Raw-Jaw IMO looks almost like that.

I'm really loving the scenery images. Hopefully this is a taste of what we'll get in the show.

And now that I'm looking at this more, I'm getting pretty excited for this line.

Also, if we get Gorilla figures, perhaps a giant Gorilla Mech for them as a vehicle? That'd be different.

Kalhiki

That would be awesome and speaking of the rumored constraction line for this theme,the photo of Laval(I think)and the spirit lion does indeed have pieces from Hero Factory such as a paw piece,torso,chest armor,shield,spikes,bones(of course),and some new ones which will be greatly welcome to Mocing.

Edited by Zachattacx

We also don't know if it'll be a set or not yet. :/ It could have been designed but deemed unprofitable, like the Treehouse Fortress set in Ninjago. I sure hope it is released though.

True, which is why I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. However if the constraction design has actually appeared in promotional material, I'd guess it's faring better than that Ninjago set.

True, which is why I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. However if the constraction design has actually appeared in promotional material, I'd guess it's faring better than that Ninjago set.

Good point. And if it doesn't appear as a set, I'm sure it will appear in the TV series if those rumors are in fact true (I'm almost certain they are).

I'm sorry, but "contraction set?" I don't quite understand.

I noticed that image behind Laval of what looks like a "realistic armored Lion" Please tell me that if there is a TV series that they won't be presented that way. PLEASE!!!

*constrUction*

Also I am totally smitten with the croc heads. I'm definitely on the side of the cool bad guys.

*constrUction*

Constraction.

Construction + Action figure = Constraction.

EDIT: 700th post!!!

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Constraction.

-Sci

Yes thank you. It's an umbrella term for all of LEGO's action figure systems.

There's a newer term used specifically for the Hero Factory system for I can't remember what it's called.

I noticed that image behind Laval of what looks like a "realistic armored Lion" Please tell me that if there is a TV series that they won't be presented that way. PLEASE!!!

Unlikely. If there are any action figures at all, they appear to be secondary to the playsets, so don't worry.

A "Chima" constraction set? Interesting.

I spy a few older pieces, but most I can see are new.

The armor certainly looks impressive.

The "Chima" line sounds and looks very interesting.

I wonder what the story is behind "Chima"?

Constraction.

-Sci

Seriously? Wow, that's lame. Spell it with a K and an X and it's totally dumbed down. "Konstraxion, The laziness is built right in!"

Yes thank you. It's an umbrella term for all of LEGO's action figure systems.

There's a newer term used specifically for the Hero Factory system for I can't remember what it's called.

From what I've seen LEGO just calls it the "Character and Creature Building System", which is quite a mouthful.

Seriously? Wow, that's lame. Spell it with a K and an X and it's totally dumbed down. "Konstraxion, The laziness is built right in!"

They've been calling their action figure sets that since around 2004, if I'm not mistaken. Personally, while its meaning isn't immediately obvious, I don't think it's a bad term at all. Certainly nice not to have to say "buildable/constructable action figure" every time.

Anyway, that lion figure is pretty cool, and I'm curious what new colors of parts we might see in constraction sets, but Ninjago and Hero Factory are still the must-get sets for me this year. I might be more likely to get the Chima constraction sets than I was the Super Heroes Ultrabuild sets though considering they won't have a license-based markup.

It's a bit surprising how many platforms there will be for the Chima brand. Model sets, "game sets", and constraction sets. Even BIONICLE, back when it had minifigure-scale playsets, didn't spread out to more than two platforms. It's hard to say whether the Chima constraction sets will be as successful as the model sets or Speedorz, and I think a big determining factor will be how they are integrated with the model sets-- what incentive will there be for a collector of the minifigure-scale sets to get the constraction sets, other than happening to like the characters they represent? The picture with both a minifigure and a constraction figure suggests that the two might have some story-based connection, but of course that could just be promotional art without any concrete meaning.

Edited by Aanchir

Personally, I´m glad that we´ve gotten some confirmation of the Chima constraction sets. If the glowy thing shown becomes one, we might even get trans-light blue armor pieces! And since that shield piece actually exists, I wouldn´t doubt it. It´s probably something like a chi-apparition, representing an `energized` form of Lennox.

After seeing that new pic of Craggers Croc-Boat, I like it even more.

The confirmation of the Gorilla tribe is exciting too.

Personally, I´m glad that we´ve gotten some confirmation of the Chima constraction sets. If the glowy thing shown becomes one, we might even get trans-light blue armor pieces! And since that shield piece actually exists, I wouldn´t doubt it. It´s probably something like a chi-apparition, representing an `energized` form of Lennox.

After seeing that new pic of Craggers Croc-Boat, I like it even more.

The confirmation of the Gorilla tribe is exciting too.

While I'm not completely ruling out your theory, keep in mind that the glowy visual effect there might just be to make the figure look more mystical and energetic, and not representative of the colors for the actual figures. After all, a model that was fully or mostly monochrome like that wouldn't have a whole lot of shelf appeal. I personally expect the colors of the constraction sets to be mostly similar to the colors of the minifigures.