just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

Ripcord devices eh ? I wonder if they will be called 'Speedorz'. :wink:

They are supposedly used for vehicles, so maybe...

I really wish that this theme will not be too vehicle based. :sadnew:

Animals heads will be so usefull for many castle builders, so many new factions!

Lets hope they won't reuse the ninjago snakes, cmf minotaur or the monster figthers werewolf.

Sadly animal people propably won't give us any new headgear pieces.

Sooooo excited for pictures.Seeing those fuzzy images with loads of cool new stuff is just -

=D

Sooooo excited for pictures.Seeing those fuzzy images with loads of cool new stuff is just -

=D

Wait, so did any pictures come out?

Wait, so did any pictures come out?

No, he's just saying he's excited for them.

Check your YT inbox.

-Sci

Sorry, but what exactly is a ripcord? :wacko:

These (the thing in the Beyblade):

B0000TQRGC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I'm curious to see how the work that in with vehicles.

These (the thing in the Beyblade):

[snip]

I'm curious to see how the work that in with vehicles.

Well, those are just stupid. :thumbdown: The Ninjago spinner idea was much better, as spinning the spinner with your fingers actually required skill, not just pulling some cord. :hmpf_bad:

Well, those are just stupid. :thumbdown: The Ninjago spinner idea was much better, as spinning the spinner with your fingers actually required skill, not just pulling some cord. :hmpf_bad:

I have to agree. It's nice to see LEGO trying new things, but ripcords tend to break and bend easily, and it really doesn't require much skill.

Maybe they're trying to reuse these? 1 2

-Sci

Maybe not the ripcord - it has that Bionicle aesthetic to it and I doubt that it will really "work" with the sets - but the other element could quite possibly turn up, yeah. I doubt it though, I've got a feeling ha the ripcord gimmic wont really be constructible itself - just an element to inegrate into the sets (if it is designed to be used with sets, perhaps the ripcord components are standalone like the Ninjago spinners were)

Darn, just2good, ya beat me to it! :tongue: Anyway, I'm curious too to see how LEGO pulls of the ripcord idea.

I hope it turns out better than it looks. It seems a bit silly. :sceptic:

But Speedorz will probably turn out to be the Chima equivalent to Ninjago's Spinjitzu.

Animal-people fighting each other on high-tech vehicles? This sounds like an unofficial Thundercats theme! :wub_drool: I'm much more intrigued about this than about the initial speculations of this being an Ancient China theme! Can't wait to see some pics, although I am a bit disappointed that this will be another theme with a spinner-like gimmick.

From Brickset!

I'm curious on this one... as Huw pointed out, this is probably based off of Chima indians in Trinidad. Only time will tell.

I bet they would avoid to make it based on an ethnicity like that. Or at least they won't make it obvious at all. They had a lot of issues merely for using Maori language in Bionicle.

I would have prefered a historical theme. But animal vehicles does sound intersting.

Animal-people fighting each other on high-tech vehicles? This sounds like an unofficial Thundercats theme!

This sounds like Fabuland on acid.

New to the topic. What I've gathered: high tech vehicles and animal people.

Since I missed out on Exo Force (as in, never was interested in it (until now)), I'm hoping for another theme like that. Curious to see what this theme could contain. Not to thrilled in the animal people if that's really the case. Just seems weird to me.

Kalhiki

Looks like a bubble pack like they have for ninjago spinners. I think it's preliminary and not complete, because it looks like there are two bubbles at the bottom on each side that should have minifigs or spinner things in them. Also the graphics on the packaging are 3D renders but they are flat shaded, and those look preliminary to me as well. I think this image is leaked from someone at the factory.

These animal-headed things remind me of the guys from Pharaoh's Quest. The flying mummy and anubis guys.

Damn, that looks actually pretty cool!

EDIT: After seeing the new images below, I LOVE THIS THEME!

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Save the image somewhere everyone, by the end of the day Lego legal eagles might have it pulled off the net. :wink:

Looks interesting.....I hear Lego has poured a lot of money in to a theme next year, the most ever.....could it be this ? :wink:

Was originally found on ebay, believe it or not. Hard to believe it appears to have been on there since July without anyone spotting it until now.

Reference link. Contains a few more pictures as well.

Not sure what to make of this. My initial thoughts consisted of disappointment and confusion, but then again that's what I thought when I saw the first pictures of Ninjago, and I grew to enjoy that theme for what it set out to achieve. So I guess we'll see.

Edited by Mesonak