just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

I really hope chima is a new cowboy/indian theme. it really should be. it's been more than 10 years!

Ok guys, after Googling Chima I found this:

Chima - Meaning of the name

Its origin is African-Igbo. The name means God knows.

African theme about the boy named Chima?

Only Gods now. :laugh:

Edited by Lordofdragonss

It sounds to me like an explorer type theme (and possibly a Ninjago replacement). Although I do think it could be meant to replace Kingdoms, an action theme seems more likely (to me, at least).

I don't see the point in speculating at this time when all we know is the name- which gives away virtually nothing. It could be a theme about The Easter bunny, the Tooth fairy and Santa's adventures in LEGOLAND. By the way, I really hope it isn't, lol.

It hasn't even been confirmed yet that LEGO are putting this into production.

It seems like we may have more information about the theme now:

there's Chima replacing Ninjago which is kinda like Avatar with humanoid animals, but there'll be fly wheel type things rather than spinners along with sets [/Quote]

(from the comments on this BrickSet article.)

Interesting, I hadn't read that comment(s) yet. I've got mixed feelings about it if it's true, I guess I'll just wait and see like everyone else. :classic:

I only briefly saw the Last Airbender movie, but I don't remember big creatures in it. But James Cameron's Avatar did have larger creatures. I don't know. It would be interesting to see something similar to either of those. I guess we'll wait and see what really happens.

Interesting, I hadn't read that comment(s) yet. I've got mixed feelings about it if it's true, I guess I'll just wait and see like everyone else. :classic:

Mixed feelings too. I was actually hoping for something more ancient but, oh well. :sceptic:

Some more information from Brickset:

We have this poster from the LEGO Magazine. Some speculated this could be the new Arctic/Space theme.

That "poster" has nothing to do with an ice/polar theme. It's about Legends of Chima.

Quoted previously:

there's Chima replacing Ninjago which is kinda like Avatar with humanoid animals, but there'll be fly wheel type things rather than spinners along with sets and Hero Factoryish figures,
^^^Agreed. The flywheel stuff in Chima is Speedorz BTW...

So my evaluation is that the trademarks that were registered for "Legends of Chima" and "Speedorz" are one in the same. Basically "Speedorz" isn't a new racing theme but is some proprietary thing used in the "Chima" theme.

Lastly, the Arctic theme is probably that new Space theme called "Galaxy Quest".

This would mean 2 new themes for 2013 (Chima, Galaxy Quest). Not 4 (Chima, Speedorz, Polar Explorer, Galaxy Quest).

Lastly, the Arctic theme is probably that new Space theme called "Galaxy Quest".

Galaxy Quest? Has that been confirmed? It sounds so unlikely, as it's already the title of a film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0177789/

Anyway, I'm curious for Legends of Chima. The word 'legend(s)' just has that effect on me.

According to a source on Brickset Legends of Chima is the replacement for Ninjago, so not a historical theme. The characters have Animal heads like Cats, Lions, alligators, Eagles, Dogs, but with 'cool scars' and minifig bodies, and they have Ripcords instead of Spinners.

This will be alongside the TMNT stuff which sounds like a smaller line (similar to Spongebob I'm guessing). The Ninja Turtles Baxter's Revenge set has a ton of minifigs. The new space theme has Insects as the bad guys with matching vehicles (whether this is the polar/ice theme sounds unlikely? So maybe there is still a Arctic adventurers style thing as well). Plus the Ninjago has one more round with the GOLD NINJA and the GOLDEN DRAGON these plus instead of Garmadon it's now Garmatron and he's huge.

This isn't my info, just passing it on. Make of it what you will.

So my evaluation is that the trademarks that were registered for "Legends of Chima" and "Speedorz" are one in the same. Basically "Speedorz" isn't a new racing theme but is some propriety thing used in the "Chima" theme.

This would mean 2 new themes for 2013 (Chima, Galaxy Quest). Not 4 (Chima, Speedorz, Polar Explorer, Galaxy Quest).

Yea, that makes a lot of sense. Though, I still have my hopes up for a Polar theme...

According to a source on Brickset Legends of Chima is the replacement for Ninjago, so not a historical theme. The characters have Animal heads like Cats, Lions, alligators, Eagles, Dogs, but with 'cool scars' and minifig bodies, and they have Ripcords instead of Spinners.

This will be alongside the TMNT stuff which sounds like a smaller line (similar to Spongebob I'm guessing). The Ninja Turtles Baxter's Revenge set has a ton of minifigs. The new space theme has Insects as the bad guys with matching vehicles (whether this is the polar/ice theme sounds unlikely? So maybe there is still a Arctic adventurers style thing as well). Plus the Ninjago has one more round with the GOLD NINJA and the GOLDEN DRAGON these plus instead of Garmadon it's now Garmatron and he's huge.

This isn't my info, just passing it on. Make of it what you will.

Thats about it, yes. Chima is going to be huge, with cards etc...

I dont know what name chima stands for, but those figs look very much like IJ akator skulls with monkey faces on them, so i thought maybe chima stands for chimp. But i guess we will have to wait for oficial presentation to what tlg thought with that.

Thats about it, yes. Chima is going to be huge, with cards etc...

I dont know what name chima stands for, but those figs look very much like IJ akator skulls with monkey faces on them, so i thought maybe chima stands for chimp. But i guess we will have to wait for oficial presentation to what tlg thought with that.

Where is the article you two seem to be referring to? I've seen one on Brickset but it doesn't correspond with some of the things you've said.

The presentation was supposedly only for 1st half year and there's a action theme slot in 2nd half year too. So the Polar theme could still be in there.

Where is the article you two seem to be referring to? I've seen one on Brickset but it doesn't correspond with some of the things you've said.

It's not from the actual article but in the comments to this article. It's almost at the bottom of the coments

Edited by Mirandir

The presentation was supposedly only for 1st half year and there's a action theme slot in 2nd half year too. So the Polar theme could still be in there.

It's not from the actual article but in the comments to this article. It's almost at the bottom of the coments

That's the one I had saw, but where's the information from Andhe come from? Things such as the gold ninja?

That's the one I had saw, but where's the information from Andhe come from? Things such as the gold ninja?

Golden Ninja? Where did you here that? :wacko:

Those rumors are from this topic. They seem to match the earlier ones from the Australian Toy shop.

As an ex Lego person I've seen all the Ninja Turtle sets and they're awesome looking there's gonna be 6 sets all 4 Turtles as key chains.Comes out Jan. 1st along with a series called Chima (imagine Animal heads like Cats, Lions, alligators, Eagles, Dogs, but with cool scars and minifig bodies, and they have Ripcords instead of Spinners. This is replacing Ninjago .The Ninja Turtles Baxter's Revenge set has a ton of minifigs. A new Space Theme too with Insects as the bad guys. and the vehicles match the incests like Mosquito guy.Plus the Ninjago has one more round with the GOLD NINJA and the GOLDEN DRAGON these plus instead of Garmdon it now Garmatron and he's huge and has a cool new hat.I shouldn't ruin everything.
The ripcords are on a sort of land vehicle as small as the spinners but sold like Ninjago in singles or 2 packs with tons of accessories. The vehicles are awesome in CHIMA as well they look like the character ( the alligator sea ship looks like an alligator face with heavy artillery and brand new wings for the eagle and hawk characters just wait I'm not making this up trust me you'll see you may or may not like it but theres a ton of it coming out all at once Jan 1st with the galaxy space and turtles and new star wars , ninjago , hero factory, a new palace cinema building to go with the big buildings emporium pet shop ect.,
It cool how the CHIMA characters also have scars like the catlike character has 3 cuts across his face I only wish they put guns with them they have swords but just you wait everyone will love them there's at least 15 plus items coming out with this