Sign in to follow this  
Darth Hagrid

Speedorz and Legends of Chima 2013

Rats! Ya beat me to the punch. :tongue: I too was about to post this.

Speedorz sounds alright, I suppose. :shrug_oh_well: I think Legends of Chima will be better though. But who knows? :sweet: I can't wait for more news! :moar:

Speedorz sounds alright, I suppose. :shrug_oh_well: I think Legends of Chima will be better though.

Well, you can't judge a book by it's cover, but I agree- Chima certainly sounds better. :tongue:

i dont think legends of chima will be in heroica's settings. if it was heroica, why not just use heroica to strength the brand name?

so i postulate that it's different, and not necessarily medieval rpg. i'm guessing here that it might be similar to aang, the last airbender or similar type of fantasy steampunk universe.

not sure what speedorz is going to be. not sure how it can be any different from racers... probably will be equally bad. :wacko:

Speedorz just sounds like the next evolution of their long standing Racers theme. Kinda like World Racers. Legend of Chima sounds like it might be that much chattered about Ninjago replacement. Figure some sort of game/collectable/evolving story elements.

Legends of Chima?

A new Orient Expedition? Definitely an action theme in my opinion.

Thanks for the news!

I'm fairly confident that "Legends of Chima" is supposed to be "Legends of China". That being the case, HECK YES!!!!

As for Speedorz... it sounds fairly uninteresting unless the sets prove otherwise. LEGO's had some nice racing themes before, but it's going to be difficult to tell how this one fairs without pictures of the sets (as there isn't really much of a storyline to judge).

I am hoping it is a translation error too, and it is actually a new historical China theme. :drool:

Actually if you read the innitial Brickset post, there is a link to an actual Legend of Chima natives of Trinadad and Tobago, which is off the coast of Venezuela. This could be an age of explorers theme, set in the late 15th/early 16th century, or a 30's archaeology/mythology theme like Pharaohs Quest.

Actually if you read the innitial Brickset post, there is a link to an actual Legend of Chima natives of Trinadad and Tobago, which is off the coast of Venezuela. This could be an age of explorers theme, set in the late 15th/early 16th century, or a 30's archaeology/mythology theme like Pharaohs Quest.

Or maybe sth in older times? ;p I will say it like on a rock concert!

DO YOU WANT MORE AZTEC FIGURES?!

:tongue:

"yeah Lego! Give us more Aztec fiugres" :D

Anyway, it could be about Aztec legends in 16 century ;P

Yeah, that would be awesome! I don't think it's China, I mean, are you really going to have a theme named "Ledgends of China"? :sceptic: What ever it is though, just using the word "Legend" was a great idea. . . :thumbup:

If you look here you will find some information on Asphalt Lake in Trinidad and Tobago.

This is what I found most interesting:

The history of the Pitch Lake is filled with legends. According to one of the legends, the Chima Indians who lived near this lake celebrated their victory over enemy tribes by eating Humming Birds. They forgot that these birds were the spirits of Chima’s ancestors. The God punished the Chima Indians by opening up the earth and letting the Pitch Lake swallow up the Chima village along with its residents.

Maybe Legends of Chima is another Adventurers/Pharaoh's Quest theme. Even though that would be interesting, I still hope that "Chima" is a misspelling of "China". :cry_sad:

i doubt they would have a theme based on an obscure indian tribe in trinidad and tobago.

I'm betting it's China. Didn't they say it takes about 5 years to develop and produce a new theme? So on that basis we would have had these initial ideas pop up or start development at about 4 years ago. Hmmm? What was exactly 4 years ago that might have triggered some brainstorming? Beijing Olympics maybe?

i doubt they would have a theme based on an obscure indian tribe in trinidad and tobago.

Yeah. Whatever "Chima" is, there's no way that's the basis of the next big LEGO action theme. Chima is most likely entirely made up.

I highly doubt the actual "Chima" "theme" is based of the Trinidad and Tobago Indians. There a couple of possibilities. 1) It is a misspell of China which would be awesome and epic as Chinese Lore is so cool. :sweet: 2) It's a rip-off of China that TLG just replaced a letter similar to how they spelt NinjaGo. :sceptic:

According to Brickset, we'll be getting two new themes next year- "Speedorz", and "Legends of Chima". I can't say Speedorz does much for me, but Chima sounds interesting.

I know you posted it first, but I'm going to lock this since there are two separate topics in the respective forums for these new themes.

I'm only locking yours because there is no easy way to split yours into the two topics it needs to be.

Legends of Chima 2013

Speedorz 2013