It was right below that sentence. I'm amazed that you missed it. Just to make sure, here it is again:

I was referring to the video that shows how you made the making-of video... that'll teach me for trying to be clever.

Mahjqa added this animated GIF of his Lego Technic Tumbler to his Flickr photoset:

7758103408_c33f5a3f21_o.gif

The new Power Functions L-Motors allow for a compact and powerful design:

7751511000_4bc7b30a7b_c.jpg

Maaaaaaaaaaaan that black tumbler is a cool ride.

I would love to build it sometime, but i lack the motors and black panels...

I love the steering system by the way. Checked out the LDD file yesterday and you really got me puzzling about it. Clever job!

I have already added your video to my favourites but I cannot leave this without a comment. This is one of the best LEGO MOC videos ever! Brilliant editing and effects.

7772776510_80aac08c5d.jpg

I'm selling out!

After weeks, if not months of work I've got the instructions for the black Tumbly ready.

This time, I'm hoping to get something in return for all that work.

If you want the instructions, Paypal an amount you deem suitable to mahjqa [a] gmail [.] com . Minimum is €5 / $6 , otherwise Paypal will eat most of it.

The higher this amount is, the sooner I'll get around to mailing you the instructions.

Some things to keep in mind:

-The instructions you receive are not to be shared with anyone else

-You'll receive a .zip file with 140 or so JPEG images.

-Embedded on there, in various subtle and unsubtle ways, is your name. So should they leak, I'll know who did it. In this case, I'll reserve the right to slap you in the face.

-This clever anti-piracy scheme may not be foolproof, and eventually the instructions will find their way online. There is nothing I can do about that.

-In fact, eventually (months from now) I'm planning to put these online myself.

-So what you're paying for is to get these before anyone else does. And to support and encourage me to build more shiny things.

-No refunds for any reason.

@ Mahjqa: You've got mail! :classic: Thanks for making your Building Instructions available.

@Mahjqa- I hate to point this out, but the Rebrickable page for the black Tumbly has a major error. It says you need 34(!) of those large wheels, but in reality you only need 4. Just thought I'd let you know.

-The instructions you receive are not to be shared with anyone else

-You'll receive a .zip file with 140 or so JPEG images.

-Embedded on there, in various subtle and unsubtle ways, is your name. So should they leak, I'll know who did it. In this case, I'll reserve the right to slap you in the face.

-This clever anti-piracy scheme may not be foolproof, and eventually the instructions will find their way online. There is nothing I can do about that.

-In fact, eventually (months from now) I'm planning to put these online myself.

-So what you're paying for is to get these before anyone else does. And to support and encourage me to build more shiny things.

-No refunds for any reason.

I like your anti-fraud measures and your no-refund policy. It is amazing how many people will use eBay or Paypal to buy a download and then demand a refund. Sadly, eBay and Paypal will always give a refund because you can't prove that they actually received anything. People use this to steal downloads without paying for them. Guess how I know!

Good work on these instructions. I am glad to know more people are willing to do this for the community. And yes, I think it is still counts as doing it for the community even if you ask for compensation.

Saberwing40k; Thank you! It should be fixed now.

paul_delahaye; Yup, a GoPro camera is definately on my wishlist. At the moment, though, the Casio ZR200 that I work with has more going for it. (Framing a shot, being able to review and cut footage instantaneously, more control over focus and lighting)

Blakbird; the whole 'no refunds' thing was for my peace of mind, yeah. I've released dozens of instructions, models and so on. Anyone can see the level of quality and dedication they're going to get. And that's why I'm stating everything up front.

And I have to admit that it feels silly editing those anti-fraud measures in the images even though I've known most of you for a long time. Still, it only takes one copy to crash the entire system.

Another MOC to add to the build list. :classic: Thankyou for making instructions for the Tumbler. :thumbup:

Mahj, the only way you can actually put the "No Refunds" policy into effect is if you can convince people to send you money via Paypal as a "Gift"

I say this because all someone has to do is file a claim with Paypal that they never received the item and Paypal will always side with the buyer... Trust me, you wouldn't believe some of the crazy things that I have been through...

Paypal requires proof that an item was delivered(Using a tracking method) first and then if the buyer claims that it wasn't as described, then that is a whole other mess...

Someone can buy your instructions and then say "I can't build this" or "This isn't for me" and file a claim with Paypal and boom, your money is in limbo until you provide shipping proof...

I had to refund a disgruntled man from China because he was mad that he had to input a simple password every time that he wanted to open the PDF file...

I would also like to get a link up at my site for your instruction link to help out a bit... Are you using the Flickr account as your primary source of promotion..?

Hi mahjqa!

Thank you for sharing the instructions for this amazing tumbler! :thumbup:

This night I spent 3 hours of gathering and sorting parts for this BEAST. It ends up with bricklinking 'only' 40 parts (3 different sellers :wacko: ). Next, I need to get my hans on the new motors, receiver and this type of battery box (I only have the "studless" one).

So, once again, thank you for making the instructions available and I didn't hesitate a second to send you a small encouragement for your work.

Mahjqa, I like your little-scaled cars and other MOCS. All of them look cute and includes many functions. :thumbup:

Edited by rm8

@mahjqa; You've got mail, again. I took Pauls advice and sent it as a "gift". Thanks for making the instructions. In fact, thanks to all who take the time and effort to make them.

Edited by camaro365

mahjqa.. The videos, the tumblers, the bat.. everything. ITS AMAZING!! I love all your mocs but this is just fantastic!

The tumbler looks amazing and works really well too! I've built a big one myself so I kind have an idea of the hurdles you had to pass to make yours work default_blink.gif I love both your old and new one and how you rebuilt it to use the new motors.. and that you built it in two different colors default_thumbup.gif

The bat too is amazing. It looks just like the one in the movie! And the little rig you built to fly it - just awesome! The swinging motion is just epic and it looks really nice when you edited the rig out of the video!

The camera rig is a marvel in itself. I've built a number of rigs for my iPhone and various Canons but this one is definitely unique.

And thanks for taking the time to document your project so thoroughly and make instructions.. If the project I'm working on didn't require as many 3L pins and motors as it does I would probably try building your tumbler and sit it next to mine default_satisfied.gif And your policy regarding the distribution of instruction manuals is solid.

Edited by Crtlego

That video is really amazing. Thx to the main characters off course.

I agree with Crtlego. The camera rig interests me even more.

I supported this when I first found it on Cuusoo and later found the video. It's amazing! This is the first time I've seen the making-of video, which was pretty awesome too. Good job!