Sign in to follow this  
exxtrooper

Hero Factory set shots by exxtrooper

Just though I'd share some picture I've taken of the official Breakout series sets, as I quite like this wave!

6807480000_bf90c05504_z.jpg

Evo - The Gunmen

That arm sure does look like it packs quite the firepower.

7748721092_6ba5fec158_z.jpg

XT4 - The Psycho

He seems to get a lot of hate, I for one love him. He's new torso piece is amazing and he's worth it for that part alone. I mean look at this guy, he's got a chainsaw, lazer and four arms! I love all the crazy villains they keep releasing!

This picture turned out quite nicely if I say so myself, the cover art of XT4 really doesn't make him all that appealing, I trust you he's a lot more interesting once you got him in your hands.

7733306314_4a15d72ffb_z.jpg

Rocka - The Marksman

I'm not a big fan of him, pearl gold has so little use (at least for me), but he comes with some amazing parts, including his gorgeous shield.

7748720632_56e8707b1d_z.jpg

Thornaxx - The Plague

Was just released in the US, though it's been in Europe since wave 1, though I didn't take a picture before now. He's an interesting little fellow, the teal color looks amazing, I hope to see more of that color in the future.

6953591607_e171a4cdac_z.jpg

Black Phantom - The Mastermind

Also known as Fire Lord 2.0

7770437308_d8574b8eeb_z.jpg

Core Hunter - The Hunter

Splinter cell in Hero Factory form. I don't think I even need to mention how cool this guy is. He has a perfect color scheme (which is a huge plus in term of Hero Factory), looks good from all angles, and comes with an amazing set of black parts which are always useful. He's favorited by quite a lot of people, I think he looks pretty cool, but I still like XT4 and Voltix more of the wave 2 villains.

7762070168_6a2a095c38_z.jpg

Bulk - The Grunt

Certainly lives up to his name, but maybe a little too much? The shoulder pads gets in the way of his head quite a bit and I can't seem to be able to keep his helmet perfectly on his head, I'd even go as far to say it is an illegal build. Apart from that he is a cool looking trooper , pretty much any hero with a shoulder mounted lazer guiding double nuclear rocket launcher is awesome in my book. Though he's well armed, he isn't dakka material. His torso printing is also pretty stylish, it's to my surprise a pretty gold color.

7814308072_4e49007292_c.jpg

Stormer - The Leader

He's a lot cooler then expected.

I defiantly welcome any titan set that isn't using that ugly Fire Lord base, I'm looking forward to what kind of titans they'll bring next year. He comes with a bunch of fun new connectors, though he is a bit expensive, I'd only recommend buying him if you have the money for him. I still can't get over the fact that he's right arm only has two armor add-ons, I don't understand why they couldn't just add a last one in there.

7814311538_a81a1255f1_z.jpg

Voltix - The Destroyer of hopes and dreams

Look at this guy, he makes no sense whatsoever, he's purple, yellow, red, gunmetal among other things. And it still works! Just had to buy this guy just because. I mean he has a tentacle, just like, there. And he shoots electricity from his head, he's so amazing.

That's it! Onto making mocs now!

Update: 2 new pictures!

Update: 2 more new pictures!

Edited by VBBN

Wow, these are awesome shots and poses exxtrooper!!! I, for one, would love to see the rest of the series. Evo's arm looks powerful in that picture. You can tell it's not easy to get a good shot of Thornraxx though, until we see him/her in the next episode of the Breakout series, it's hard to tell how Thornraxx moves and what it's mannerisms are. And Black Phantom just looks awesome in that shot, almost as if it is going to take every hero on deck to take him down.

~Cheers

Awesome shots on the figures there, thumps up!!!!

And your thoughts on each one is a neat little extra. :thumbup:

I updated with two new pictures! Core Hunter and Bulk.

Wow, these are awesome shots and poses exxtrooper!!! I, for one, would love to see the rest of the series. Evo's arm looks powerful in that picture. You can tell it's not easy to get a good shot of Thornraxx though, until we see him/her in the next episode of the Breakout series, it's hard to tell how Thornraxx moves and what it's mannerisms are. And Black Phantom just looks awesome in that shot, almost as if it is going to take every hero on deck to take him down.

~Cheers

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it! Thronaxx is very hard to pose right, even after so many pictures this is the only on that turned out remotely good. :laugh:

These are incredible. Very professional.

I'm just an amateur at this, so that means quite a lot, thanks! :cry_happy:

Awesome shots on the figures there, thumps up!!!!

And your thoughts on each one is a neat little extra. :thumbup:

I just wanted to give my little thoughts on each set, but didn't want to make an entire review, glad you liked them! :blush:

These make me want to buy the sets (even though I stopped after 3.0). Thanks!

I should work at Lego's commerical campaign don't you think? :tongue: Thanks!

Also why did you stop buying sets at 3.0, that's when it started getting really good! :oh3:

Yeah exxtrooper your pictures are great!

You make Evo look pretty BOSS and Bulk looks thinner than i thought. I hope you get the rest of breakout man, you rock :thumbup:

Great photos! I agree your pic of XT4 looks way better than the official art on the packaging. It's easy to understand why the packaging image lacks this sort of appeal, though. Generally, TLG likes at least one of the set pictures on a box or package to be close to actual size. In the case of Hero Factory, this often means that either certain parts will have to be cropped away (like the legs of the 2.0 and 3.0 Heroes) or the figures will be scrunched into a pose where all of their main selling points remain visible. On a figure like XT4 who looks best when his assorted weapons are spread out from his body, this can cause some serious problems.

Your other photos are also good but not as exciting as your XT4 photo. In particular, Evo is in a fairly bland pose and Thornraxx's pose doesn't very effectively show off his stinger tail.

I just love the way you pose your HF heroes and villains! :wub:

Your Evo photo is cool,I would imagine him being laughing at you,like if you are a villain and just been defeated by him,and now with a grin he's running away.

The XT4 pose is very nice,showing off all weapons that the heroes need to be afraid of! epic!

I don't know about the Rocka pose,this pose has some kind of greatness,but I don't know on what aspect. Great work.

As for your other poses,every pose looks amazing,very cool,and I shall say ; Continue your great and awesome work!!!

I've updated with a new set of pictures, and thanks for the feedback once again! :laugh:

Yeah exxtrooper your pictures are great!

You make Evo look pretty BOSS and Bulk looks thinner than i thought. I hope you get the rest of breakout man, you rock :thumbup:

Wow thanks for the great feedback man, I appreciate it! :wub:

I've gotten all the breakout sets that interest me by now (I don't feel like the Nex and Stringer sets offer that much new) except for Speed Demon of course, which is nowhere to be found at my lcoation. :look:

Great photos! I agree your pic of XT4 looks way better than the official art on the packaging. It's easy to understand why the packaging image lacks this sort of appeal, though. Generally, TLG likes at least one of the set pictures on a box or package to be close to actual size. In the case of Hero Factory, this often means that either certain parts will have to be cropped away (like the legs of the 2.0 and 3.0 Heroes) or the figures will be scrunched into a pose where all of their main selling points remain visible. On a figure like XT4 who looks best when his assorted weapons are spread out from his body, this can cause some serious problems.

Your other photos are also good but not as exciting as your XT4 photo. In particular, Evo is in a fairly bland pose and Thornraxx's pose doesn't very effectively show off his stinger tail.

That does make a lot of sense, I have to say Aanchir you're my go-to person when there's something lego related that I'm curious about, I mean the amount of information you have on pretty much everything makes me wonder how much you really know! :laugh:

Of course I can't pose all the Heros as cool as XT4, with it having four arms and unusual leg design making his pose look natural isn't all that important compared to the more humanoid sets.

Thanks for the feedback Aanchir! I'm always interested in what you have to say. :wink:

I just love the way you pose your HF heroes and villains! :wub:

Your Evo photo is cool,I would imagine him being laughing at you,like if you are a villain and just been defeated by him,and now with a grin he's running away.

The XT4 pose is very nice,showing off all weapons that the heroes need to be afraid of! epic!

I don't know about the Rocka pose,this pose has some kind of greatness,but I don't know on what aspect. Great work.

As for your other poses,every pose looks amazing,very cool,and I shall say ; Continue your great and awesome work!!!

Thanks for the feedback, I've post another set of pictures, hope you enjoy! :grin:

Edited by exxtrooper

I still can't get over the fact that he's right arm only has two armor add-ons, I don't understand why they couldn't just add a last one in there.

Finally someone who is bothered by this like me. :sweet:

I took some pictures of last years wave of sets, but wanted to avoid creating an all new topic, here they are!

I've reworked your topic title to better apply to the theme of the topic

And great shots, the figures look so much nicer when posed and displayed in good quality photography!