Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB

Let the carrion feast on his bones!

As told by Rylex, the Lord's Justice.

Executioner6-M.jpg

The Lord commanded me to let him hang until his bones had been picked clean by the crows and vultures.

I don't know his past or his name, its better that way. My job is hand out the Lord's justice as he sees fit. He pays me well and I ask no questions.

Now that the birds have had their fill, I'll cut down the bones. The pine box I brought may be too kind for this one but my job is to pack up his bones so the the jailer can ship them to his family, if they will have him.

Executioner3-M.jpg

Executioner2-M.jpg

Executioner4-M.jpg

Executioner1-M.jpg

this is my entry for the High Lord Executioner mini-build for Avalonia

I think it came out well considering it came together quickly.

Hopefully some of the details (the flying crow, the vulture, the real noose) are noticeable enough

a couple more photos here

Enjoy and as always comments and critics welcome.

Edited by MikeyB

I didn't immediatly get the Vulture, but the crow is a nice touch. :thumbup: I like the overall tone of your mini-build, but shouldn't there be some spectatiors? The executioner looks great too! :laugh:

I didn't immediatly get the Vulture, but the crow is a nice touch. :thumbup: I like the overall tone of your mini-build, but shouldn't there be some spectatiors? The executioner looks great too! :laugh:

the spectator have come and gone. He has been hanging there for quite some time.

I saw a similar vulture done some time ago on a western build and always wanted to do one. Zcerberus had a good one in one of his builds too but I didn't have a red battle droid head like he used.

Excellent details :thumbup: It makes sense there is no crowd around, who wants to look at a skeleton?

The hangman's platform is very good, the trapdoor is a nice realistic touch :classic:

What a great mini-build! It reminds me that I need to get on a few more of those. I do like the vulture - I had seen it before, and it is the best brick-built bird you can make right now IMO (or at least that I've seen). I always like the story that goes with it, and that the skeleton has been stripped clean. You do a good job of vagueing up your edges, so that your builds never look that small, even if they are.

This is a really cool build and I totally dig all of these smaller mocs you're doing. They usually have so much athmosphere! I really love how, with such a small ammount of bricks, you are able to tell a really good story. I think I have to get into this stuff as well. Great moc!!

thanks once again.

this build started off very different (it was a dungeon scene) but after a half hour of not really liking the way it was going, I thought of scene with a gallow. Once it was built, I thought of putting the skeleton in the noose and to build some carrion bird surrounding it.

There are some details that are hard to see (the crow under the gallow picking at the arm bone, and the details on the sides supports of the gallow's platform)

That is my last mini build for the Avalonian titles but I'm sure I'll find a few more smaller builds to do between challenges

Mikey

A great little moc! The gallows looks amazing! The thing the caught my eyes was the cart. So simple yet so brilliant!

A great little moc! The gallows looks amazing!

Indeed! Also very nice face choice!