Yatkuu

SoF: Emma' slaughterhouse

indexed.gif B-V-20F

Hello everyone, here is my entry in the Category 4 of the SoF contest...

"Emma' slaughterhouse or the miracles of food industry".

Warning - as the title might suggests this vignette is not the typical "Friends" style of build. People who know me are certainly aware that my style of builds is more on the noir and macabre side of things. I didn't build this to offend anyone... it's just dark humor.

Anyway, you've been warned...

I have included an engraved tile with my name, I prefer doing that than adding a watermark but I'm not too sure if this is allowed or not. If needed I can post a different picture without it.

I like it! It's one of those weird ideas that I'd never think of on my own, but you executed it flawlessly. I appreciate dark humor, and you hid it nicely under the spoiler tag for those who wandered in. Good job, Yatkuu!

Mmmmm...Stephanie makes the best kitty-burgers in all of Heartlake! :devil:

Humour aside, it's built very well. :thumbup: Lots and lots of details packed into a vignette. Great work!

Best of luck in the contest, Yatkuu!

Interesting, colourful and man, you are a worry 'Yatkuu' ! :devil::laugh:

I prefer not to have fur in my burger patties ! :laugh:

Brick On with your (evil) Friend's 'Yatkuu' ! :devil:

Edited by lightningtiger

Interesting, colourful and man, you are a worry 'Yatkuu' ! :devil::laugh:

I prefer not to have fur in my burger patties ! :laugh:

Brick On with your (evil) Friend's 'Yatkuu' ! :devil:

What's so evil about eating animals? :devil:

Great job!! I love it. Where did you get the engraved tile?

CaptStabbin

My lego store makes them. I'm not sure if they all do though

Well, I must say I didn't think cats were normally on the menu :tongue: - but it's a very nice touch! A very creative idea too - I'll have to try and come up with something creative as well! :thumbup:

I have included an engraved tile with my name, I prefer doing that than adding a watermark but I'm not too sure if this is allowed or not. If needed I can post a different picture without it.

The view is that because it's not part of the build, and acts as a kind of watermark, it's fine. :thumbup:

Thank you all for the great feedbacks!

Where did you get the engraved tile?

I got these made at a local LUG event in Belgium. One of the sellers had an engraving machine hooked up to a computer. Unfortunately he only does it during some events. I now have a collection of 1x2 in different colors... Handy to sign MOCs

I believe some LEGO shops also do engraving (I saw one in Koln) but it's only on 2x4 bricks if I'm not mistaken.

And now the room next to it - a group of friends having chicken legs for lunch !   :laugh:

lol, I did consider adding a MF at the end of the line packing chicken legs in crates!

The view is that because it's not part of the build, and acts as a kind of watermark, it's fine. :thumbup:

Awesome, thank you Pandora for the confirmation!

Slightly disturbing :classic: but still a very creative idea. I like it :wink:

Edited by Star2705

Great Idea!!

Only the chicken legs are almost as big as the whole chicken! :tongue:

And sausages might have been a nice addition (supposing you had some)

How you do good in the contest!

Your creation really made me smile and my first thought was of the TV show "I Love Lucy" and her shenanigans! :laugh: Do you know what I mean??

:wink:

Your creation really made me smile and my first thought was of the TV show "I Love Lucy" and her shenanigans! :laugh: Do you know what I mean??

:wink:

I didn't know about this show I'm afraid. I looked it up and it seems a bit demented so yes, you're probably right, this scene might fit theme!

The saccharine sweetness of Friends needs to be undermined and this does it brilliantly :wink: . Everything looks beautifully positioned in this scene, the MOC seems stripped down to just the right amount of detail and the cat is hilarious. :thumbup:

Now I want my own signature tile too.