The Mugbearer

[LDD] CCA Czar and NSDF Grizzly

In far 1960's during conflict in South Korea a meteor shower has covered Bering Strait. Soviet and USA scientists was able to recover some of meteors and discovered an amazing substance - the so-called bio-metal.

By secret order of president Eisenhower, National Space Defense Forces has been found and sent to moon in order to search for more pieces of bio-metal. Soon, USA Hubble satellite has discovered that many of scrap bio-metal pieces are covering almost any surfaces of known planets in Solar Systems. This information has reached the Soviet government, and they quickly formed a secret taskforce named Cosmic Colonial Army and sent them to gather as many bio-metal as possible before Americans did...

And this is how been started the greatest action/RTS I know - Battlezone by ActiVision.

Well, where was I? Ah! I want to share with you two Battlezone-related MOCs.

These two are main battle tanks of NSDF and CCA.

NSDF Grizzly

lddscreenshot24.png

Fast and powerful, it has enough firearms to remain safe alone against soviet patrol. The main mascot of the game, and my favorite unit.

lddscreenshot25.png

By default equipped with:

1) Stabber.

2) Machine gun.

3) Mortar.

4) Thumper seismic blaster.

CCA Czar

lddscreenshot26.png

Czar is heavier than NSDF Grizzly and lacks of maneuverability, but it has thick armor plates.

lddscreenshot27.png

By default equipped with:

1) Stabber.

2) Chaingun.

3) Mortar.

4) Thumper seismic blaster.

Thanks for watching! If need any references, I'll try to find.

Edited by -N13OS-

Agreed. Some nice micro going on.

Despite the small size, I like how these feel much larger!

Nice!  I know I'm late to the party, but what are the triangular black blocks you used for the Grizzly engine mounts?

Thanks,
Rick

Just now, rwksict said:

Nice!  I know I'm late to the party, but what are the triangular black blocks you used for the Grizzly engine mounts?

Thanks,
Rick

It's basically a contraption of 1x1 sloped tiles and 1x1 bricks with 4 studs on the sides.

Edited by The Mugbearer