Angeli

Waterdeep

Who is to say who's got claims over Waterdeep? Elves say it was theirs for centuries, humans say that the city is much younger, and the Drow claim it (just claim it:). In any case, Waterdeep is home to almost all known races, and it is stretch over vast land covered with lakes, waterfalls and dark and murky waters. Located deep in the land, but sometimes looks like a coastal city, because of the large water as far as an eye can see. People used to say that this city of splendors is one of the most beautiful cities, regarding blue reflections of the sky, and white of the old silver oak trees.

white.jpg

Serving as a big trading crossroad, all big powers have their outposts here, as do Drow. And where would a Drow city be located, but somewhere inside a rock. And when water came to life, a Drow fire angel (a name they named themselves, but nobody but them thinks they are even near the angles, and anybody can fly this days:), a Drow fire angel summoned a warrior made of burning stone, armed with a fire sword and magma shield, because, as we all know, nothing fights water as fire.

I am proud to present you Waterdeep, the jewel of the East:

waterdeep-01.jpghttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Angeli/Waterdeep/thumbnails/dramatict.jpg[/img]

city-13tmain.jpgcity-06tmain.jpg

(note: cloud is not badly photoshoped, it has here and there trans-clear slopes on both sides to sparkle (and every cloud has a silver lining:))

Views from all four sides: north-east-west-south

waterdeep-northt.jpgwaterdeep-eastt.jpgwaterdeep-westt.jpgwaterdeep-southt.jpg

On a happy note: try and guess how high this 48x48 tower is (in meters), and the closest one will get "High-scout" title and twenty of those white 5x6 leaves ;)

And here are few details (click for larger):

In these details, you can spot a Drow fire angel and her fire summon, which is so big that is tearing apart that terrace and pillars, leaving havoc even on the floor (check for cheese slope mosaic details:) The lava from the monster is dripping trough the floor, making a canyon in rock, slithering to the water

A water nymph is meditating in one of the caves, totally unaware of the happening around her (find her:)

A lover (heh) is writing love poetry in another cave, can you find him? :)

There are numerous waterfalls, and the biggest one is more then 40 cm high :) Due to the big tree, waves of the water elemental, watch tower and spiral stairs, it is best viewd in "construction" folder.

I will let you find micro part yourself ;)

A water is falling somewhere beneath a cloud, filling a pond, and a typical Waterdeep silver oak is growing inside it, a young treant :)

Checkout the round watchtower and find an entrance in it! :)

The Drow outpost is carved in the mountain, and you can see two terraces (on the east and on the west side) buried deep into the mountain; on the south side you can see an old entrance, trough the caved in rock - check the ornament on the wall - there is nothing but air between those two rows of tiles, and that "air" line goes trough the whole castle (during construction, it was filled with black 1x8 tiles, and one of them was such a pain to dig out at the end :)

Notice round stairs coming from the wall on the south side

Terrace on the east side has a (large) secret entrance (great fit for flyers:). Can you spot it? There are two Drows playing cards inside :)

city-02t.jpgcity-30t.jpgcity-05t.jpg

city-22t.jpgcity-06t.jpgcity-07t.jpg

city-09t.jpgcity-10t.jpgcity-29t.jpg

city-14t.jpgcity-12t.jpgcity-03t.jpgcity-28t.jpg

city-34tmain.jpg

About the scale: here is a picture with my little helper; she is 180 cm tall (more on page 2 of this thread)

scale-01t.jpg

Minifigs:

You've met Drow fire angel. Here are the others: Drow earth angel; Drow water angel and Drow wind angel. Also, there is that lucky Drow that was playing cards behind the secret entrance, also, I've never had a good name for this one, and I call him "a lover" :) The last one is a nasty slaver goblin, but during the taking of the picture, he was cast inside the mountain, into the deepest dungeon, just for being creepy :)

drow-earth-angelt.jpgdrow-water-angelt.jpgdrow-wind-angelt.jpg

drow-card-playert.jpglovert.jpggoblint.jpg

Main castle photographs (a lot of stuff here:)

"Main"

Construction:

"construction"

Minifigures photographs (Drow rule supreme!)

"minifigs"

city-15tmonster.jpg

Here you can see some other Drow cities from me:

Lith My'athar

Menzoberranzan

Ched Nasad

Ust Natha

Chaulssin

Eryndlyn

Maerimydra

Twisted Tower of Ashaba

Ruined temple of Shar

Rilauven outpost in Mitgardia

Llurth Dreir

Mirage Dragon

Elesee Luna

And everything is nicely indexed in the topic Drow , featuring hundreds of minifigs in one place.

Edited by Angeli

ahahah yup ;)

tree hours of coding :)

but I hope it was worth it ;)

Simply stunning :wub: The buildings/waterfalls/clouds are all beautiful :thumbup:

I'll guess 1.52 meters for the height :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Gorgeous Angeli! The city is beautiful, I love the water fall and the water elemental is great! The clouds give it an ethereal feel which definitely adds to the fantasy feel. The tree though, is my favorite part of this build. Wonderful entry1

One of my favorite builds from you yet! I love the tree.

1.23 metres?

Each individual build is epic by itself...

The waves... wow... stunning

The microfig... meditating in the cave under the waterfall... i like that

The fire summoner (Kai NRG) - and flames behind... nice build....

The build on top of the cloud... awesome.... I feel like putting a deva minifigure there to guard it...

The water fall.... so many beautiful crystals...

Trees with white leaves and red crystal... reminds me of Sakura festive in Japan

By the way, Waterdeep is also known as "City of Splendors".

But I have the nagging feelings that 2-Dimension pictures are not able to put bring out the essence of the build... too many things to focus upon and you tends to lose focus along the way...

Maybe a short video clip of the build will be able to portray the build much better...

PS: I cropped the pic... it's around 3-1/3 to 3.5 times of 48x48 base plate. Each base plate is 0.384 metres. Should be more than 1.28 metres to 1.34 metres. My guess is 1.3m ++ --

Edited by puayyong

By the way, Waterdeep is also known as "City of Splendors".

Edited by puayyong

That is amazing! I love the water tentacles. You are also right about that goblin slaver deserving to be in the prison.

Incredible build, Drow Master!

Very nice presentation too, all that trans must have been a real challenge to photoshop, great job.

I love the water especially, but what's not to love here? Stupendous level of detail and quality of build. So the story is that the Drow Angel saves the city from the Water Elemental? Can't wait for the brickshelf to become public.

:classic:

I had my problems with your color choice of red and black, my drow friend. Yes, I had. But this thing is a great composition. Not too much red, lovely details, a water elemental (i never imagined that you would build a water elemental ;) ) and this great tree (i instantly bought white leafs via bricklink): In my opinion your best creation. (Yeah, i know, its small and tiny. Not your typical style^^)

I think, the Nocturnian first place goes to the drow..

(my guess: 1.44m)

Edited by Rolli

Thank you, dear friends ;)

I must say that this castle would not exist if it were not for the historica members whom helped me buy trans bricks via PaBs

Also, I will build in large scale again only when I have enough bricks for such diversity in landscaping and nature. until then, plain red walls - nope, never again ;)

Next thing I will build will be a large chunk of rocks with tree (or castle or temple or all above:) on to of it, in a lake, with a bunch of waterfalls falling from it (that chunk of rock will be mushroom shaped)

And today, when my little helper comes, I will make a video, and a picture of her standing near the castle, so you can get a sense how tall it is (actually, I was not going for heights, and I reduced it height for more then 50 cm, because it was not looking naturally

check out a bunch of "construction" photos in Construction album, when moderated, there is a lots of stuff in there:

const24.jpg

const01.jpgconst14.jpg

const16.jpgconst45.jpg

Despite being Drow scum, you always knock my socks off with every build! :tongue:

Seriously, though, whenever you post a build I spend a good half hour poring over the pictures, looing for all the little details and techniques you employ so deftly and manage to cram into such a small space.

The curving water is just...mystifying. There must be hundreds of dollars worth of parts in those areas alone!

I myself am never a fan of using the big 3 primary colors (Red, Blue, Yellow) in fortresses, but all of yours are completely believable, and this one is no exception!

Great work, and good luck!

Impressive as usual Angeli! default_thumbup.gif I am speechless....default_cry_happy.gif

Edited by Mikel Kalores

You always impress me with the size and scale of your builds! This one doesn't disappoint! I am glad you have stepped a little further outside the black and red realm and have added some really great elements to the scene.

Amazing!! *oh2* Just amazing!

Love just the height of it! Must looks very impressive for a minifig for sure! :laugh:

Great detailsall around! My favourite part is the smooth waving with those trans clears! :wub:

From all your recent buildings this one is the one I like the most, it has a movement sensation at the same time disturbing and attractive. A supreme build. :classic:

Splendid work, I think this one has to be my favorite of all your builds so far. I like all the little details you added in, and the tree in the front is lovely. You have totally convinced me that I need some of those white tree pieces, no matter what the price is! :classic:

If I had to guess I would say it is at least 1.16 meters high, which is mind boggling to me.

Very pretty! Even a Drow city can be pretty.

I like the Elemental's sense of motion.

And this build even has some plants!

I don't really get "terror" or even "action" from the build though- this thing is more like a piece of art.

:thumbup:

I am bewildered and mystified! Your builds have this mystic and otherwise gothic look to them that I absolutely adore. I'm guessing it's 1.18m tall? Still quite large. My guess is that you are pretty tall, being as your builds can reach quite a ways up. Astounding build, and now I think I can narrow down the entries to my top three.