Sign in to follow this  
Gnac

MOC: UK Low-floor bus

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I made this to cheer up my Brother, because he enjoys massive vehicles with wheels. He is melancholy because he has a mad wife who doesn't understand him. I hope that you enjoy this model, or empathise with my brother's plight, or perhaps even both.

LXF: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Gnac/Vehicles/threeatonce.lxf

threeatonce.png

▲ The linked LXF looks like this, which is the livery of the "Arriva" fleet. They rule the roads around here with an aluminium fist.

threeatoncebarbie.png

▲ Their arch enemies are the "First" fleet, whose buses have a questionable paintjob. I'm told that these are called "Barbie buses". There are actually things like this!

I recoloured the original model to see if I could, but you could probably localise it.

Things I wanted to do but couldn't, because LDD 4.2.5 made a fool of me:

• There's a little machine next to the driver's seat, where he or she presses some buttons and the blessed thing pukes out a ticket. I don't know how to make that.
  • I hacked something together to give the impression of tax discs on the windscreen, but there were collision issues.
  • Even though I made a hinged engine flap on the rear of this behemoth, there's only a 1w space to fit an engine. So I didn't make one.
  • The wheels look TINY. The next size up look too big. What am ah gonna do?

Things I actually did, and was really pleased with:

• The windows are those 1x4x6 things which are intended for buildings, placed sideways and secured by the seats. I actually started constructing the model with those.
  • Harpoons for the windscreen wipers! When I rotated them in their holders, they became almost flush with the tapering windscreen!
  • Actually making this thing. It seems I taught my Brother to bend the rules a bit with LDD.

EDIT: Oh cack, I may have posted this in the wrong place.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Yeah, top job - that's exactly what both buses look like!

It's funny, the First bus does look a bit odd when you point out the paint job, but I've never even thought about it before. (Although I've usually been too preoccupied with trying to catch one!)

Brilliant. Quite tempted to try building one of those First ones in real bricks. Seem to spend enough of my life missing them that it'd be handy to have my own. :laugh:

I tottaly recognize both.

THe top one is now changing hands to McGills up here in Scotland, as they were bought out by them. They have a blue and white scheme.....

First is Evil!!!

Good MOC Though...

These look cool and I seem them everyday, will you be building these?