Thanks to EB-member patrickvdh who made a wonderfull LDD file, I was able to do some alternative color-studies.

7755663702_7f7d518b98_z.jpg

Bigger version here

Hello, is any chance you can create a full red and a full yellow version?

I really like even the all black version you bild.

Thanks

Ciao Flavio

Nice work JunkinmytruckGio.That red one looks just like the one the coast guard have in Stornoway.:sweet:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

EB Hrontos made some beautifull renders of my 9396 "Black-Ops"version!

I love them!

bigger version here http://farm9.staticf...19486f8b5_k.jpg

Very nice indeed! Really love your black version. Maybe it's time to fly a 9396 home next week :thumbup::sweet:

PS the rotor blades made out of axles look awesome. They maybe look even better than the original prefab ones.

Edited by Gekke Ted

@ Crazy Ted:

I'm very happy with the axle-built rotor as well.

The do ad a more "technic"look to the helicopter.

Coming saturday the chopper will be on display at Brickmania in Antwerp (Belgium)..

The do ad a more "technic"look to the helicopter.

Definitely!

Coming saturday the chopper will be on display at Brickmania in Antwerp (Belgium)..

I wasn't really aware of this event, until it was on the frontpage of EB :cry_sad: Maybe I will change my plans and go to Antwerp. Would be nice to see it in real life.

JunkstyleGio,

I wish you a good weekend in Belgium and great succes whit your nice and beatyful moc's en mod's.

Greets Edwin

@ Saberwing40k:

I didn't try to steal your thread.

With posting my add-ons and MOD's I only tried to keep this thread a central place for all kinds of MOD's and /MOC's for this beautiful set.

I hope I am not hijacking this (bumped) forum, but like JunkstyleGio mentioned, this seems like a nice topic for general 9396 modifications.

First of all I would like to show my color-only modified 9396. I am very happy with the end result.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gekketed/sets/72157632423531234/with/8342145576/

Currently I am working on a "Black-Ops" version with:

- Landing gear operated by Pneumatics (with compressor connected to motorized blades)

- Collective pitch motorized via mini LA

- Doors opening/closing motorized

- Blades motorized

- Lights

Hope to include some pictures/video of that version soon.

Edited by Gekke Ted

Can't wait to see all those motorisations,

Me too :wink:

Hope to finish the model this weekend.

I am getting quite addicted to the 9396. I think it's a great model, with enough room (literally) for modifications.

I also forgot the cargo bay doors opening with pneumatics :sweet:

Edited by Gekke Ted

Update time! I almost scared the crap out of myself testing the rotors. :facepalm: I had hooked up the rotors directly to a set of 3 coupled ungeared motors, since those go really fast. I was obviously not paying attention, as I let one of the blades run into something. Said blade went flying, but nothing broke. :cry_happy: I really think there may actually be something to this being impossible :distressed: ,but I'm still going to try. :devil_laugh:

I'm in that same boat (or helicopter, I guess). I have tried all day today with a TINY plane I made with the lightest parts I have (mainly flex), and NOTHING but SLOW easing along the ground... :cry_sad:

I have restarted my modified build because I was not really happy with the result. I have chosen to make the front and rear landing gear act on different pneumatic cylinders. Here's a short demo video of the front part (sorry for the bad quality).