1. 1. How Do You Rate This Set?

• - Like Being Thrown Around By Hulk
    • - Like Narrowly Escape Capture
    • - Like Parking In The Middle Of The Field
    • - Like Shooting The Target But Just Missing
    • - Like Getting To Be Iron Man!

gallery_6705_157_68483.png

7837567162_b93e60fb85_b.jpg

I got this set, of course, for Iron Man. When I first saw pictures of him, I was a bit skeptical of how large his helmet was, after much researching and debating, I decided that it wasn't to large. Mostly, I got this set to tithe me over until the promo with TC-14 came around and I could order the Quinjet, but I also need Hawkeye. I wasn't to into the truck much, but I may decide differently as I build, stay tuned! Beware of potential spoilers!

Name: Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape

Set Number: 6867

Pieces: 181

Price: $19.99

Ages: 6-12

Minifigs: 3

Theme: Marvel Superheroes/Avengers

Year of Release: 2012

Bricklink

Brickset

S@H

See the Flickr set for all of the pictures.

6867-1.jpg

Seize the stolen cosmic cube from Loki!

Loki is escaping from S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters with the powerful cosmic cube. If he succeeds, he could use it to wreak havoc on the world! Can Iron Man take to the skies in his amazing armored suit and chase down the speeding off-roader or will Loki escape with the cosmic cube? You decide! Includes 3 minifigures: Iron Man, Loki and Hawkeye.

Box:

7711895718_fef33dfb9e_b.jpg

The front of the box has a nice dark blue color scheme that I really like. The truck is coming out of a tunnel which is movie accurate, but Iron Man is not. The Avengers are present in the top right and the Avengers logo in the bottom right, both really add something to the box.

7711895528_b4d8474c18_b.jpg

On the back we have the usual alternative images for the set, no ads for other sets though.

7711895270_d251bf4527_z.jpg

Iron Man is present on the top of the box, I can't wait to open this!

Contents:

7711895102_b3a31dfda7_b.jpg

Out of the box we get two bags, the manual, sticker sheet, and comic, all of the paper items in my box were nicely bent.

7711894920_1509afb218_b.jpg

Iron Man and Loki's helmets came in their own baggies, I assume to keep them from getting scratched and bent respectively.

7711894828_e7cc029801_b.jpg

There are eight stickers for the truck, all of which I've refrained from putting on the built model, but I was pretty tempted.

Manual:

7711894428_241a067fd9_b.jpg

The front of the manual features the same art as the box front, but with the set information removed, it really looks much cleaner without it.

7711894264_0f142fd89a_b.jpg

Inside we have a nice soft-grey color scheme, with tan semi builds.

7711894100_24d8d50d3b_z.jpg

On the pages where there's room LEGO has put Captain America, Loki, and Thor faded out. This is a very nice addition, and I like the "Avengers" feel it gives the set.

7711893984_9fdb867c85_b.jpg

I though this was funny, Max has stolen Iron Man's lower suit part and is flying around on the jets, the way Iron Man's looking at him is great!

Comic:

7711893830_370e606492_z.jpg

This is my favorite comic front, we have all six Avengers as well as Loki arranged on the front, hair flowing. A hero shot I guess, it's very appealing to me.

7711893616_4d2cc9d5c7_z.jpg

ZZZZATT!!

7711893422_859df4b01b_z.jpg

VREEEEE

7711893248_ee4c3da859_z.jpg

ZZZZAK!!

7711893032_1f95d087dd_z.jpg

WOOOSH!!

7711892822_bb7774a062_z.jpg

Then the final pages are The Avengers seeking out the letters to build the LEGO logo, nifty.

7711892610_5bd58feae6_z.jpg

On the back we have a large image of every Marvel hero and villain, in some great hero shots. This looks great too.

Minifigures:

7711892174_2e1c742cc5_b.jpg

We get three lovely minifigures in this set, Loki, Iron Man, and Hawkeye. Loki, looks pretty good, the helmet looks good, as well as his torso print, just not sure about the head. Hawkeye, is fairly accurate, I'm not sure about the hair choice, or the head print for that matter... Iron Man on the other hand, is my favorite, from the leg print to the torso print and the helmet, he's a perfect form of Iron Man in LEGO.

7711892020_e7e19026cc_b.jpg

The two Avengers in this set both feature back printing, Hawkeye has a quiver printed on back there, and Iron Man has a continuation of his armor print, which I think looks pretty good.

7711891878_885e03b53c_b.jpg

Loki's helmet is one of my favorite new molds for the year, it's a bit large, but still okay. Iron Man's mask lifts up, not a feature I had to have but it's nice.

7711891732_7c9a17e09c_b.jpg

Here's Iron Man's and Hawkeye's alternative expressions, Iron Man definitely looks enraged, perfect for him, while Hawkeye looks more annoyed.

7711891576_30ea00b5b2_b.jpg

The Avengers minifigures are some of my favorite minifigures from this year so far. They're quite accurate, look good, and are some of my favorite Superheroes. The accessories included with each one take them to the next level too, Hawkeye gets a new bow mold, Iron Man has jets, and Loki gets his staff.

Parts:

7711892432_9a5236d2f4_b.jpg

Just a few new parts, the 2x1 bracket part is very nice, the door is something I have few of, the large wedge piece is nice, you get two, the 1x1 round clear tile, and the 6 long bar not flex tubing, but quite stiff.

7711892286_edce8b4b98_b.jpg

We get eight extra parts from this set, we get a nice dark blue cheese slope! Dark blue anything is good.

The Build:

7711891460_49f8139543_b.jpg

Here's the tuck halfway done, you can see the launcher being built, those odd colors do get covered up.

7711891328_b3822f0b53_b.jpg

And we're done, nothing to special of note, a very straight forward build.

Complete Model:

7711891172_45a3f8c1ac_b.jpg

The set actually looks okay when completed, it looks like a truck and is quite rugged. As with any set though, the proportions are a bit off. There are quite a few situations to play out with the set.

7711890512_9c26cf072c_b.jpg

On the front we see the excellent bumper LEGO has designed for this set, I really love how it looks, exactly like a truck built for off road. I'm not to sure about the "wheel wells," they seem to poke out a lot, but I can't complain about the pieces they used to build them, I also really like the overhead lights.

7711890330_b73d1df8a3_b.jpg

I'm not to sure if I like the back to much, it just seems a bit to abrupt of an end for the vehicle if you ask me. Maybe add a bumper...

7711890086_c0fe24fdc4_b.jpg

A bow holder has been included on the side of the truck, much like the lightsaber holders.

7711889888_03a5e6c756_b.jpg

On the other side, LEGO has placed a fire extinguisher. Not sure what they would need that for in this set...

7711889718_c37a5c0de9_b.jpg

Here's what Hawkeye has to drive with, a steering wheel, a speed-gauge, and the lever to change from park to drive.

Functions:

7711889604_4b0fb21da4_b.jpg

LEGO has once again managed to get flick-fires onto a set, nothing special of note here.

7711889392_99dae4a57f_b.jpg

Then we have a "Loki launcher." Let's push this down...

7711889212_e3169457e3_b.jpg

It works fairly well, but only if Loki isn't connected to the stud, otherwise it doesn't work.

Final Thoughts:

Overall, I'm quite happy with the set The only thing I think I could ask for is a slightly better Iron Man helmet, but that's a different story... The truck is pretty decent, it definitely echos the one in the movie, but still keeping the LEGO style of vehicles. All of the minifigures represent their movie counterparts pretty well, with the usual LEGO style. I must admit that the stickers look pretty good on the set, but, I haven't convinced myself to put them on.

Ratings:

Playability: 8/10 I can see kids acting out quite a few scenes with this set.

Design: 7/10 Design wise, this isn't my favorite set, it could use some work.

Price: 8/10 The price was pretty decent, LEGO needed a $20 set for this theme.

Minifigures: 10/10 All of the minifigures are excellent, I couldn't ask for more. (Okay maybe a slightly smaller helmet)

Parts: 9/10 I was very happy with the selection of dark blue parts.

Total: 42/50 Not a bad score for a small set, I'm very happy with it.

7711889044_0f594a9c78_b.jpg

Hawkeye here with a quick Archery lesson. First, see this glove? You pull the string on the box with that hand, and hold it with the non-gloved hand. I'M LEFT-HANDED PEOPLE!!

Want to learn to make excellent reviews like this one? Then join the Reviewers Academy!

gallery_6705_157_68483.png

I own this set, and love it to death, my only qualms being stuff like Hawkeye's hair and the slightly large Iron-Man helmet (which grows on you...). Great review, I agree with you pretty much completely!

About the only reason I'm commenting... I just read an article about two days ago about Jeremy Renner's archery skills in the Avengers. It was pointing out how he held the bow poorly, and didn't aim correctly... :laugh: Just thought that was humorous with your last comment about an archery lesson.

Thanks for this great review, Masked Builder.

I love this set, and even if it's not very accurate film-wise, I find it a useful source of parts and minifigs.

Thanks for this great review, Masked Builder.

I love this set, and even if it's not very accurate film-wise, I find it a useful source of parts and minifigs.

What's so inaccurate? All you have to do is take off the flick-fires and the launcher feature, and maybe change up a few other things, and you're set. It took me maybe five minutes? (I suppose it should be 4-passenger, but...)

Great review! Even if this is somewhat of an unimportant detail in the movie, to me it gives the every-day-life-of-a-superhero feel to it. Plus it has Iron Man and Hawkeye, so what's not to love? :wub:

As a sucker for well-made vehicles, I absolutely adore the S.H.I.E.L.D. truck in this set! IMO, this maybe one of the best vehicles TLG has ever made for a set (comparable to the classic cars of 7682- Shanghai Chase). This is the best set in the Avengers line in terms of value IMO, as you get a nice truck, two super heroes and of course the villain to battle against. And not so bad for the price either (quite affordable for those who have strict budget yet want to have an Avengers set). Thanks for sharing this review Masked! :thumbup:

Ah, thank you for a great review of a decent set, Masked Builder! :sweet:

That set was always a kind of a mystery to me. On one hand is has some most decent figs and a vehicle, but on the other hand it looks rather odd to me for some reason. The price is not high, but still something stops me from buying it. However your review persuaded me to change my mind.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Excellent review you made. :wink: The truck looks quite average but the figures look great so overall not a bad set at all.

Thanks everyone, it makes all the hard work worth it. :classic:

About the only reason I'm commenting... I just read an article about two days ago about Jeremy Renner's archery skills in the Avengers. It was pointing out how he held the bow poorly, and didn't aim correctly... :laugh: Just thought that was humorous with your last comment about an archery lesson.

He was trained by an Olympic Archer, same thing with the Hunger Games, they don't aim down the arrow, they use sights. Which, in my opinion, isn't half as cool.

Thanks everyone, it makes all the hard work worth it. :classic:

He was trained by an Olympic Archer, same thing with the Hunger Games, they don't aim down the arrow, they use sights. Which, in my opinion, isn't half as cool.

Odd... because the same article seemed thrilled about the archery displayed in Hunger Games... *huh*