lotryay

If LEGO wasn't draining your wallet....

What would you do with all the spare cash if you weren't spending any of it on LEGO? I might buy a new guitar, maybe get into collecting action figures.

I would buy some Airfix models. I got one recently and it was great fun! But I can't be beaten by a plastic Spitfire....

In case your interested: HERE

Edited by Darthluke824

What would you do with all the spare cash if you weren't spending any of it on LEGO?

Umm...buy new furniture. LOL

I'm moving this to Community, as it's not really about LEGO... all the opposite actually!

Nevermind, it's already been moved!

I'd probably go to more science fiction / fantasy conventions, see more movies, buy more movies on Blu-ray / DVD, have a Blu-ray player and an HDTV to watch them on, buy more soundtrack CDs, buy more books, and/or do more traveling. Alas, I not only can't afford to do any of those as much as I'd like, I can't afford to buy as much LEGO, either. I have too many interests and too little money to divvy amongst them all.

*sigh*

Eh? I have a few hobbies that I split my "entertainment budget" on, not exclusively LEGO:

- Last gen video games (PS2, Xbox1, Gamecube)

- Green Lantern comics (although I've mostly stopped)

- Movies, although I only buy a limited genre of comedy

- Magic: The Gathering (but again, I haven't bought new cards in about a year, and have been only messing around with cards I already have)

The division swings every few months or so. I'm stocked up on LEGO for now (still sealed) so there is a good chance I won't buy any more this year. I also bought a bunch of movies last month, so I may not buy any more there for a while either.

Maybe I'll buy a new Magic deck, then.

If I have spare cash and don't want to spend it on LEGO, then I must be so incredibly rich that there is nothing more I could possibly want from LEGO, which means that I must have so much LEGO that the next step would be to buy containers to sort all that LEGO into. And maybe hire a few people to do my sorting for me.

I'd start spending it on LEGO again and wonder why the hell I stopped in the first place. :laugh:

In all honesty, I have no idea. It's funny, I'm always a bit hesitant to get anything for myself that's not LEGO, but if I'm not getting LEGO, then looking at it there's not all that much I'd buy besides it. :tongue:

Edited by CallMePie

What would you do with all the spare cash if you weren't spending any of it on LEGO? I might buy a new guitar, maybe get into collecting action figures.

Paying off my mortgage sooner. :classic:

This is a fun question. I was just thinking about getting back into Warhammer 40K. I really enjoyed the painting aspect and they have some cool new vehicles for Space Marines. I did a bit of a mental tally, but thought, if I buy this stuff that's money I could be buying LEGO with. :wacko: I'd also buy more video games and books.

Loving LEGO is as much a curse as it is a joy. :cry_happy:

Edited by Legocrazy81

Well first I'd buy this Petzl caving helmet and light system:

petzl_spelios_caving_helmet.jpg

Then I'd buy this caving jumpsuit:

11-5510.JPG

Then I'd buy a few hundred feet of rope, a new ascender and a new descender, and a few new flashlights and do this:

caving.jpg

This is the other hobby that Lego takes me away from...

If Lego wasn't draining my wallet, I could do a lot more things. :laugh:

First off, I would fix up my house to make it look nice and maybe even expand.

I would also spend more money on hobbies such as skateboarding, longboarding, surfing, and soccer.

Also, I would invest to open up a taco shop with my brother that we have been wanting to do for years now.

Lastly, I would spend some money to make sure I don't get addicted to Lego again. :tongue:

Edited by The Blue Brick

I love music, maybe new headphones, or speakers.

I also would spend money on a new laptop or this Acer Lamborghini external hard drive..

Also broke my squash racquet... :look:

Hmmm.... Not spending money on Lego - I cringe at the thought, but in an alternate universe where there is no Lego to be had, where would my money go?

I've always wanted a modest little yatch, like maybe Hinckley's Sou'wester 61

A summer house on a lake would be nice, and of course if you own a lake house you need to have kayaks and maybe a small daysailor.

And New England winters can be pretty rough so a beach house in Florida would offer a refreshing alternative.

Wow, this exercise is making me think that perhaps I'm spending a little _too_ much on my collection.

I would buy a grand piano, a select few DVDs and enough books (and shelves) to turn a room into a library/music room. And probably also a new laptop.

I think I would spend it on videogames and DVDs and maybe some other collectible toys. :laugh:

I think I would spend it on videogames and DVDs and maybe some other collectible toys. :laugh:

I probably spend enough on lego to join a go-kart racing team. So I would probably do that.