Sign in to follow this  
Vladimir Leonov

WIP: Xebec Trader

This is my double masted merchant Xebec. Right now she features four crew members, two cargo holds, a removable quarterdeck to reveal a small crew quarters, as well as a lifting crane and a small cannon for defense from scurvy ridden pirates! I haven't named it yet, and I still want to make improvements and modifications (need to buy a few things), plus take any suggestions from you guys! I'd like to make the aft a little prettier and I was going to try to get some prince of persia guys and make them arab traders.

p3DVr.jpg

qMpmI.jpg

What a coincidence, I just finished a ship very similar to yours, also a two-master built on small hull sections, it's a polacca (which looks a lot like a xebec) I even used ladders to cover the hold :pir_laugh2:

Anyway, I don't have much experience on Xebecs yet but this one might inspire you (link).

(you can find more in the index btw).

Edited by Sebeus I

lol, a little off-topic, but i really have to say it:

@Sebeus - how often i now have already read of yours smth like this "nice ship, i just funished smth similar to yours" xD well, i really dont mean it in a bad way, it is just funny.

to the moc - i would suggest at first another color sheme, it is very personal up to everybodys taste, but i especially like the color shemes that the pirates II series had and pirates of the carrebean sets and the ships 6274, 6285, 6271. i think u now have too many colors, especially in the cabin.

also the masts should be a little higher.

lol, a little off-topic, but i really have to say it:

@Sebeus - how often i now have already read of yours smth like this "nice ship, i just funished smth similar to yours" xD well, i really dont mean it in a bad way, it is just funny.

I guess so, I can't help mentionning you know :pir-grin:

I added some paper sails for effect. ^_^ I'd like to make some cloth sails but don't want to commit until the design is finalized.

LJEnc.jpg

yzNXM.jpg

@Sebeus Nice! Polacca would me an interesting design, I'd like to see how you worked it. I've been eager to make a Xebec style, just because I've been sorta mesmerized by the overall shape of the vessels since I first started learning about them. And that is a great example! It makes me feel jealous and inferior.

@IamF4u5t I'm not fond of the colors right now either, but I'm reaching into what feels like the bottom of the barrel these days :p The cabin is especially awful, I intend to redesign it, which will likely include raising the deck somewhat, giving me more room to work with inside. As for mast height, they could use a little extension, but at the same time the Xebec style sort of allows for short masts.