de Gothia

Elemental Chaos in Benoic

Sons of Benoic! This is it! We have to organize an attack on the beast attacking our beloved Benoic! de Gothia shouted out his orders and the surviving soldiers attacked once again! This time with chains, fire, swords and fury!

7703613938_115a25a0ed.jpg

From the underground the Elemental pulled out a corpse. The remains of de Gothia´s beloved niece Quinn. de Gothia freezed for a moment, but then charged into the beast, for life or death...

7703607650_00811e3d0d.jpg

Gothia castle

7703610584_da95e100be.jpg

7703617006_fe0aa7a83c.jpg

Taste this

7703618220_3bc1ff4cf3.jpg

7703621360_3a5c7140e0.jpg

C&C as always welcome!

Roof design from Selander

Monster inspiration from SOT

Another great build! The vines everywhere really add to the scene :thumbup: I think the elemental made a mistake messing with Quinn's body though :angry:

The elemental works nicely as do the houses. Do I see some series 8 MF parts in there? Looks like the thespian body, conquistador head and bavarian hat :look:

I love the vine work and the dark blue house. I also like the little plant guy coming out of the roof and the action. Lot's of good little details like the guys pouring the fire on the elemental, Quinn's corpse (she has the worst luck with plant monsters) and the statue of liberty!

I like that you left it open enough to have some great action of Benoic rallying to attack.

The elemental does look a bit stiff, but we already talked about that a bit. I also wish there was one photo that was a little higher up so we could see a good overview.

the dark blue house is it, I mean yes, the rest is awesome too, but the dark blue house is one of the best half-timbered Lego houses I've seen so far!! Gonna be a tight race between Avalonia and Mitgardia this time!!

Great build de Gothia, I too love the DK blue house. I just got a couple hundred Dk red 1x2 and was going to use for a house myself.

great minifig selection.

good luck

I agree with the others on that dark blue house...it was the first thing that caught my eye here! But the fact that it dug out Quinn's body.....I was ready to send a Kaliphlin delegation to help defeat this defiler!

You staged this one really well- I totally can feel the panic coming through from all the chaos. There are so many great details packed in, but not so much that is is overwhelming.

I gotta agree with everyone else - the color combination of the dark blue house is fantastic.

The third pic is my favorite, although I do (morbidly :devil:) love the guy being lifted out of the roof on the other house. At first I didn't notice it, then had a good chuckle when I took a closer look.

Very nice entry! lots of nice details but the best has to be the corpse of Quinn, probably the most moving thing in any of the GOH MOCs. Loving you series 8 citizen!

~Legonardo

Nice entry for Avalonia! I love the incorporation of Quinn, and the piece usage for the vines. They look great! I too like the dark blue and the brown house. Excellent work!

Thanks for the feedback! :classic:

Soccerkid: Yes, there is a combo of CMF figs in there. He will be a part om my upcoming stories/mocs :wink:

And I agree with you Z, regarding the photos, now when you mention it. I know we had the discussion earlier when I built my Embassy. :blush: Will think of it all the time now! :classic:

Kabel: Wow, that is a huge compliment! Thanks! Sorry to say though, that the house is not complete all the way around. My pieces didn´t make four sides, only two! :wink:

Mikey: Thanks! Sounds promising with that dk red house! Love the new colours!

Kayne: Thanks! Yes, Quinn is having bad luck, both in life and the life after that! :sceptic:

Erynlasgalen: hehe we all have dark sides! :devil: And it was fun doing something this twisted with things that I wouldn´t normally build! :classic:

LD: Thanks, I was hoping it would tear up some emotions even if it´s just ABS we are talking about.

Rogueang: Thanks! I´m also very pleaed how the dk blue house came out!

Edited by de Gothia

And I agree with you Z, regarding the photos, now when you mention it. I know we had the discussion earlier when I built my Embassy. :blush: Will think of it all the time now! :classic:

Yes indeed! I like close-ups and details, but a good overview really helps out.

Again- really love the vine work- very lively. Great work with the action scenes.

Characters are characters, no matter where they're put down. Words, actors, or ABS bricks. As everyone else has said, putting Quinn's body in is easily the most...grabbing, no pun intended, part of your creation.

Dude, this is intense! The vine work and the variety of elementals is making my eyes spin!

And, the Quinn's body detail is very twisted :tongue: but a great touch. I love when builders are creative with continuity.

Good luck! I think you're definitely one of the top contenders.

Whee!!! vines everywhere, I like that they take the harsh edges off square lego.

Once again a great entry from you! As i mentioned earlier i love the dark blue & brown combo! I also like the crowded feel, a lot action is going on there. Also a nice incoroporation of the new parts from series 7.. Only thing i would change is your roof. Compared to the rest of the build it feels "too simple" if you know what i mean :)

Quinn! Why do the plants haunt you like this? Why didn't you stay in Kaliphlin? Oh why.....?

I really like all those vines everywhere, thrusting panic wherever they go. Really good minifig posing, a great scene overall. I think I have missed out on the micro component, do you have a close up please?

Superb entry!

:classic:

Thanks again!

Rolli; is it the tan roof you are refering to? I see what you mean with simple but I like it though. :classic::blush:

Robuko: Yeah I know! If she only had stayed in Kaliphlin and married Fahkr!! :wink:

Seems like the gardener has a lot of work to do. :tongue:

I like the action on this moc, you can just sense the panic.

And also the mention of poor and beloved Quinn. :cry_sad:

That elemental will pay.

Excellent work. :classic:

Woah deGothia, great entry! So much chaotic detail to take in, yet the overall layout is still well composed and thought out. The little microcastle in between the two houses really fits the space well and lends a sense of depth to the diorama.(although i would given it a bit more altitude) The dark blue and nougat accents really pop and the profusion of vines works very well. :thumbup: Quinn's desecration is a super-creepy touch too. Top work and best of luck! :classic:

Beautiful scene as always with a lot of great action :thumbup::classic:

I have to agree with everyone that the darkblue house is absolutely a pleasure for the eyes :sweet:

Thanks for the comments! I´m happy too about the microscale, worked even better than I thought!

I will add a photo of the microscale itself tomorrow when I shot my latest moc aswell!

I almost missed this one! :blush: But still on time; it is a great scene. All the minifig action and the plants tearing everything down.

And I didn't expect to see Quinn again :tongue:

Also the buildings are excellent, the blue really stands out and the cheeseslopes and the studs on the side of the wall are well thought of.

Only minor thing is the monster doesn't seem that scary altough the people seemed scared enough :wink:

Thanks Ecc! Glad you liked it! And the monster thing.. I hate building monsters, so hard to make them alive.. :sceptic:

And here is a pic of my microbuild, Gothia Castle

7807125446_9ea4d0cfdf.jpg