Sign in to follow this  
Tezcatlypoca

V-Belt Placement

Hello. I just recently began using LDD and am new to the forum. I have beeen trying to build a small scale motor, complete with belts. The problem I am having is although I can select one of the belts from the catalog and place it on the screen, I cannot get it to attach to any pulleys. I did find one thread that made a mention of right clicking on a pulley and selecting an option from a menu, but in my program right clicking merely centers the camera on the part. How do I place this belt?

Hi and welcome in the LDD forum.

Can you specify the ID of the piece you are using?

Note that belts are flexible elements in real bricks, but in LDD only few flexible elements can be flexed. These elements are marked with a small "flex icon".

Does this symbol appears in the palette together next to the belt you are using?

... I did find one thread that made a mention of right clicking on a pulley and selecting an option from a menu, but in my program right clicking merely centers the camera on the part. How do I place this belt?

Hi,

it probably refers to a SR3DBuilder features (another good LEGO editor). LDD does not work that way.

No the belts in LDD do not have the flex icon. I have also tried various ways of using the hinge align tool but the belts apparently have no 'hinge' from the programs point of view. The in-program ID's are #85543, #85544, #85545, #85546

I'm building he new James Bond gold finger and came across this issue with the v- belt, is it possible to build this build in extended then switch it to the sr3d or whatever it is? And will that mess with my computer