DarthNick

Modular Madness: Brickin' Games

indexed.gif B-OM-29C

Cutting it even closer with this one!

The is the office for the folks at Brickin' Games, known for some great small games.

7687670876_9abdedf48b_z.jpg

An front view of the building can be found here.

Here we have the lobby of the office building. You can see the receptionist, Carmen, checking her email. There's a seating area, and you can also catch a glimpse of a statue of a character from their best-selling game, Space Patrol.

7687669328_a299c50fe9_z.jpg

A view of the small but functional washroom, with all the necessities.

7687667384_1370ca11dc_z.jpg

Here we have the second floor, where all the work gets done! On the left is a boardroom (for those big, important meetings), with a projector and game controller. On the right is the main workspace, with a coffee machine and water cooler (filled with mountain dew) against the front wall.

7687665550_39a25d7e5d_z.jpg

The staff can be seen hard at work (except Phil, who just woke up from a nap and is grabbing some coffee). The workstation features two computers for the two programmers, Phil and Jeff, and a drawing board for the graphics designer, Alec.

7687663328_539d2b898f_z.jpg

A very fun build, though very quickly put together. I took inspiration from several other builders, so you may recognize some things from other builders (such as the Computers, Water cooler, and some of the furniture). Enjoy!

Edited by Phred

I love the way you did the iMac setups! The whole building has a very nice clean look to it and excellent details inside. :thumbup:

I love the way you did the iMac setups! The whole building has a very nice clean look to it and excellent details inside. :thumbup:

Thanks, though I can't take credit for the monitor, stole that from someone else (can't remember). And glad you think so, both a clean look and fun details is something I always aim for!

Cool build. :thumbup: Like your projector. Is that working elevator?

Thanks! I liked the projector too :classic:. Unfortunately I didn't have time to get it working, but I plan to motorize it in the future!

Edited by DarthNick

That's a very different way to go about designing a modular building, but with those connecting pins it does fit - I'd love to see a picture of it next to some official modulars to see how it looks! The building is gorgeous in all its modernity, and the interior details (computers, projector, elevator, water cooler) are excellent. Well done!

Great entry! I love the buildings shape. It's nice to see something different every now and then. The interior details are awesome too, very cool.

Thanks The Bricktator, Legocrazy81, and LegoFan03!

As for the iMacs, all I'm doing is wrapping an elastic band around a 2x2 tile, then inserting it into a 1x1 modified tile with clip. If that still doesn't make sense I can post a picture within the next few days.

That's a very different way to go about designing a modular building, but with those connecting pins it does fit - I'd love to see a picture of it next to some official modulars to see how it looks! The building is gorgeous in all its modernity, and the interior details (computers, projector, elevator, water cooler) are excellent. Well done!

Thanks so much! Unfortunately I don't have any of the modulars built, and I doubt I ever will, since I rarely build sets anymore. And once again I'm glad to see all the interior details noticed!

I do very much like the structure of the building. Mixing the interior up with some brighter colours works really well for me! The interior is tasetfully considered - If that makes any sense! :laugh: Great job and best of luck! :thumbup:

AWESOME structure full of geeks, fantastic iMacs and other equipment.... :wub: those simple hand controllers and that LCD projector is the bomb ! :grin:

Good luck and Brick On Game On 'DarthNick' ! :classic:

Neat idea for a modular :thumbup: The game controllers and I-Macs are top-notch, the exterior is very cool as well :classic:

As for the iMacs, all I'm doing is wrapping an elastic band around a 2x2 tile, then inserting it into a 1x1 modified tile with clip. If that still doesn't make sense I can post a picture within the next few days.

If you wouldn't have told us, I had marked it as "clone stuff". Thanks for explaining.

For the rest of the building: I quite like it, BUT the "normal" modulars reach from one side to the other leaving no blank space to the next building.

And with two floors it's smaller, too.:sceptic:

Good luck in the contest, though. :thumbup:

I always love to see modern buildings built out of lego. This is excellent. :wub:

I love the cool interior, small details such as the computers, and how clean it looks.

Good luck in the contest. :thumbup::classic:

Thanks LegoJalex, soccerkid6, and the Blue Brick

I do very much like the structure of the building. Mixing the interior up with some brighter colours works really well for me! The interior is tasetfully considered - If that makes any sense! :laugh: Great job and best of luck! :thumbup:

Thanks so much! And don't worry, it's makes sense. :classic:

AWESOME structure full of geeks, fantastic iMacs and other equipment.... :wub: those simple hand controllers and that LCD projector is the bomb ! :grin:

Good luck and Brick On Game On 'DarthNick' ! :classic:

Thanks! I'm very fond of the controllers and projector too!

If you wouldn't have told us, I had marked it as "clone stuff". Thanks for explaining.

For the rest of the building: I quite like it, BUT the "normal" modulars reach from one side to the other leaving no blank space to the next building.

And with two floors it's smaller, too.:sceptic:

Good luck in the contest, though. :thumbup:

Definitely see what you mean about it not being a "normal" modular building. But it does fit in with the other modulars, at least in term of the standard. As for height, I juts didn't have he bricks to make it any taller, otherwise i would have... But thanks!

I really like this one. Modernist architecture is far harder to pull off well than traditional architecture in my mind, and this is as good as I've seen. The way the building is set back from the street and the lower height actually adds some authenticity - it's like if Mies van der Rohe's Seagram Building met Crown Hall (if that means anything). Best of luck, and blogged on Brick Town Talk! :classic:

I really like this one. Modernist architecture is far harder to pull off well than traditional architecture in my mind, and this is as good as I've seen. The way the building is set back from the street and the lower height actually adds some authenticity - it's like if Mies van der Rohe's Seagram Building met Crown Hall (if that means anything). Best of luck, and blogged on Brick Town Talk! :classic:

Thanks so much (again :wink:)! Unfortunately, it doesn't mean anything. Would a quick google search help clear things up? And (again) thanks for the blog. It's such an honor to be blogged by such a fantastic builder.