Sign in to follow this  
L@go

Modular Madness: B&W Building

indexed.gif B-OM-29D

Hi again, fellow Eurobrickers!

I was photo-editing like crazy when I realised I wouldn't manage to finish all my pictures until the deadline. So I picked the five I wanted to enter for the contest, and here they are. My Flickr, and specifically the B&W Building photoset, have now been updated with many detail pics, so feel free to drop by for a closer look. There are a lot of details that I'm very happy with, that you really can't see very well in the pictures (after all, we were limited to five), so I'd love it if you'd pay a visit :)

The B&W Building is an attempt to design a building that's relatively clean and simple, architecturally, and in that matter you could say that I've been inspired by Eurobricks member snaillad, especially regarding colour choices. I'm reasonably happy with the result, exterior-wise, but as is always the case with my modulars, I like the inside better than the outside - so let me once again urge you to have a look over at Flickr :)

Here's a couple of exterior shots:

7687326732_667baa5327_c.jpg

7687326386_59d8532361_c.jpg

And now, the part that I like the most, the interior:

7687325942_b83aa3d29a_c.jpg

The ground floor contains, to the left, a lamp shop selling all sorts of interior and exterior lamps. Their inventory is pretty extensive, at the moment there are no less than 15 different lamps on display in the shop, in addition to various colour-shaded light bulbs behind the counter.

To the right, there's a small café/coffee shop with two tables (not visible in the picture) and stools by the counter. There's also the mandatory coffee machine.

I've given each of the two shops a colour theme: The lamp shop is tan/brown, and the café is dark/medium blue. The colours are used on the floors and, to break up the grey, in the stripes along the walls.

Underneath the stairs there's a couple of storage rooms.

7687325390_68e33286e2_c.jpg

On the first floor, a small architecture firm called Brickson & Brickson resides. To the left, there's a filing cabinet with a gold fish bowl on top, a desk where the two architects have their workspaces, a small landscape model of their current project (not visible), kitchen facilities, and a tiny toilet underneath the stairs. The top part of the staircase comes off for easier access. The company's dark red/dark green logo can be seen on the wall, and the colours are also used in the rug on the floor.

7687327412_e3c46b22e0_c.jpg

The top floor is the real pièce de résistence. The penthouse contains a spacious living room with a sofa, a glass table, a widescreen TV and stereo set; an open kitchen in the left corner; a small bedroom with a big closet; a bathroom with toilet, wash basin and glass-walled shower; and not least, the most eye-catching feature: The jacuzzi on the terrace. Not visible in this picture is the sliding door that allows access to the terrace from the penthouse, and the big window beside it.

There, I've presented my latest modular design, just in time for the deadline. Now it's up to you to decide how much you like it - personally, I don't dare to expect much, especially after having seen the huge pile of marvellous entries that has grown over the past few weeks. But hopefully you had fun looking at the pictures - and as I said, there are many more on my Flickr! :)

The best of luck to all participants in the contest, and a huge thank you to the people at Eurobricks who are hosting such a great competition. It's certainly brought out the best in everyone!

Edited by Phred

Nice entry :sweet:. I like how the black contrasts with the white on the front of the building, and your interior is really good. Too bad the interior is damn hard to see properly in a modular building :wink:.

Really nice! I like the fassade with this black projecting alcoves!

Even the back side with it's terrace is very well done! :classic:

Good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Great job. I like the front archway and use of curved window pieces. The colours work really well together! But I must say the interior details are top notch and perhaps the best Ive seen yet. Best of luck in the contest!

Great exterior, but AWESOME highly detailed interiors 'L@go', I :wub: the lamp shop....very original idea, gee even I have never thought of a lighting shop. :blush::laugh:

Good luck 'L@go' and Brick On ! :grin:

Beautiful build! Your color scheme is really eye catching :thumbup: The interiors are top-notch as well, the coffe shop looks very realistic, and the different lamp styles in the lamp shop are excellent. The architecture firm's floor is really neat too, I like that you put their logo on the wall. The pent house's kitchen is really nice too :classic:

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you like it - I still don't have very high hopes for the contest as the competition is absolutely fierce. But it's fun to participate, right? And I got some more modular practice, which is always handy.

...and your interior is really good. Too bad the interior is damn hard to see properly in a modular building :wink:.

I know! That's why I keep urging people to visit the photoset on Flickr... :)