Sign in to follow this  
jirikone

Modular Madness: Bookshop

indexed.gif B-OM-30A

Hi, I have just finished my little contribution to this contest. It was in nick of time :tongue:

This building is slightly based on one particular bookshop in my city.

I hope you will enjoy it!

Front

p1280559.jpg

Back

p1280563.jpg

Interrior

(The 1st and the 2nd floor are proper bookshop, while the 3rd are board game club.)

p1280568.jpg

p1280569.jpg

p1280572.jpg

My brick shelf gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=509097

Edited by Phred

Excellent modular entry there 'jirikone', that facade is the bomb and fantastic highly detailed interior....never seen so many bookcases in a Lego creation before.....though one thing missing perhaps a coffee machine ? :laugh:

Good luck and Brick On 'jirikone' ! :classic:

Another fine entry! The exterior is nice, but the interior is great - I really like those bookshelves.

I just can't stop staring at this MOC... :laugh: The tiles used as books look excellent and all that detail is just stunning!

Really well done, the whole thing - the interior, the colour scheme, everything - works superbly. I particularly like the chessboard!

Excellent modular :classic: , I too think that the facade is amazing. But the thing I like most of all about this MOC is the interior, it is highly detailed and is very realistic. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Excellent bookshop! I really like how textured the facade is :thumbup: The interiors are also nicely done, my favorite floor is the boardgames one :classic:

Another interesting MOC in the MM contest! Bookstores are my weak point and this one is no exception. I'd only prefer the building would include books also in the top floor, as there's never enough books. :blush: In addition to lovely interior, I like the exterior as well. It's actually a bit 'crowded' with details on the facade, but it still looks good. Good luck in the contest.

Love the shelves! May I ask what technique you used to keep the 'books' in place?

It's very easy - just tiles with studs are not quite pressed together + one blank tile in the end.

Fantastic design, I would love to see a modular book store.

Good luck. :classic:

Great looking building! Love the external details especially... (and the boardgame room is a cool idea)

Nice work!