Sign in to follow this  
kciR

Modular Madness: Townhouse

indexed.gif B-M-08B

Hereby I present you my entry for the modular madness contest.

It's a addition to the Mini modular series as we all know. It's a house for the smallest dwellers of Legoland.

My first idea was to make a modern house, but somehow during the build, it ended up quite classical. I think the reason for this is that I could add more detail and texture here.

It turned out to be a satisfying build, as this scale let you use parts differently than in minifig scale. I'm especially pleased about the lamppost and the balcony.

Front facade:

a.jpg

The front facade from another angle:

b.jpg

And the back facade with a porch and the beginning of the garden:

c.jpg

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Feel free to leave your comments.

Good luck to everyone who is attending this contest and thanks to the staff for another amazing contest!

Edited by Phred

Great little townhouse 'kciR', nice using the old school windows in your structure ! :sweet:

Good luck and Brick On ! :classic:

This is a very nice mini! And you are right to be proud of the balcony and the lampost, both great, in fact, I'd call that lampost pure genious (or NPU, even :wink:)

Very nice! I like how you used the 1x1 panels to build a dormer! :classic:

How about adding a 1x2 technic brick on each side to integrate it

in a row of houses?

Good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Great mini Townhouse, I too particularly like the NPU on the lampost at the front of the house. The balcony is also a nice touch. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Thanks for the compliments :)

How about adding a 1x2 technic brick on each side to integrate it

in a row of houses?

I was planning to, but I don't have those bricks with two holes (as used in the official sets) at the moment. (It was finished too close to the deadline for a BL order)

But I liked building this scale so much that I'll definitely build more. I'll order those 1x2 bricks with my next order to connect them :)

But I liked building this scale so much that I'll definitely build more. I'll order those 1x2 bricks with my next order to connect them :)

Nice use of the skis (if i am not mistaken) for the lamppost! The windows at the roof is smart!

Regarding the 1x2 brick, remember to get the ones with the 2 technic holes for your mini modulars. the ones with a single hole is not suitable.

Great mini modular! The front facade is excellent :thumbup: The lamppost is a brilliant idea, and the trees in the backyard a nice touch :classic:

That's a great entry. Any city layout could use more townhouses and this would make a great addition. I may have to borrow some of those ideas.

Keep up the good work. Good luck in the contest.