Captain Green Hair

MOC: Cafe corner Amsterdam style

indexed.gif B-OV-38A

Hello Eurobrickers,

Since it is the most beautiful city in the world, I of course have to make an Amsterdam styled neighbourhood in my future Greenville layout.

So I've started with the first corner building:

7671539748_acc972e769_o.jpg

It is loosely based upon this building in ''de nieuwe doelenstraat'', fun fact is that this building has been made in Legoland Billund as well.

7671618280_b4f741c4ea_o.jpg

(Ignore the German car :tongue:)

On the ground floor it houses a cafe, with apartments above it. On the right you see the stairs to the entrance of those:

7671538938_cbf2fac881_o.jpg

The interior of the cafe looks like this:

7671536980_df30bce5c7_o.jpg

The building doesn't have back walls, as it will use those of the neighbours, but this is what the back looks like:

7671537494_41899bf011_o.jpg

As you can see I have installed lights, so at night you can look through the window:

7671716480_20f69e4ea4_o.jpg

And on the inside it looks like this, not the lit up bottles behind the bar:

7671716868_828b4623bb_o.jpg

Of course the cafe needs some neighbours, so next to it is the Butcher:

7671536214_b086dcba59_o.jpg

And here's the building by itself. This is a rather generic building, not really based on anything special:

7671542342_5e02d32cc2_o.jpg

Nothing special in the back yet, I'll ad gardens and such later on:

7671541938_f33c12e733_o.jpg

Again I've made a SNOT ceiling with some lights in it:

7671541116_9e513cf67d_o.jpg

They just slide out, making access rather easy:

7671540538_49bf52b22e_o.jpg

And here's the interior, you can see father and son ''Beenhouwer'' working hard to make an honest living:

7671540264_2e063446c9_o.jpg

They are open until late hours, as people come by at the strangest hours these days:

7671717172_7e1e254ec6_o.jpg

Well, once my whole Amsterdam section is done, it should look something like this (the trees are experimental models):

7671542734_37cf8f681a_o.jpg

And by night this scene looks like this:

7671717454_cc837a9a50_o.jpg

A few more detailed pictures can be found in my Flickr.

Thank you for watching, I hope you like it! :sweet:

Just AWESOME 'Captain Green Hair', and it's based on a real building your cafe is.....I :wub: it ! :grin:

Great butchers shop too ! :thumbup:

Finally the lighting up of it all.... :thumbup: ! :grin:

Excellent work designing and engineering it 'CGH' and Brick On ! :classic:

The corner cafe is beautiful :wub: I especially like the curved awnings, the half stud jut outs on the bottom are cool too :thumbup:

Excellent work on the interiors of both buildings and the light up feature is really neat. Looking forward to seeing the finished project :classic:

Honey, I shrunk the Amsterdam cafe! :laugh:

your MOC is just amazing! the details and the colours! :thumbup:

These are truly excellent - especially the corner building. I love those dark red awnings, and the whole building looks so much like the original. I'm always impressed by people who manage to build realistic minifig-sized models of real-life buildings. Add to that the lighting effects, and you've got a couple of exceptional buildings. Great work!

This is awesome. I really love this type of architecture. Both buildings look grew together and look great. I can't wait to see more. :thumbup::classic:

What a magnificent Build there Captain Green Hair. I can realy see myself walkig through my birthtown and finding buildings like these. The cafe and butchershop are breathtakingly good. The colors are perfectly chosen. Very well done indeed. Thumbs up from me on this build. Hope to see more on this part of your town. :thumbup::wub:*oh2*

This looks fantastic, you have captured the detail of the original building very well. Also well done to get that lighting in there, it looks great! :thumbup:

A great moc, combining a recognisable building and many great architectural details with a ´gezellig´ (cosy) interior. I´m anxious to see your completed city!

WOW!!!! It is one of best looking modular ever I seen! Too bad it is not an official Lego set because I would buy it in a heartbeat! I hope you will continue build more Amsterdam style Lego city. I am big fan of their architecture.

Thank you for all the kind words guys! :sweet:

Honey, I shrunk the Amsterdam cafe! :laugh:

Don't step on it! :laugh:

What a magnificent Build there Captain Green Hair. I can realy see myself walkig through my birthtown and finding buildings like these.

I still live in it. Finding reference material has never been so easy! :grin:

Amsterdam buildings are truly great inspiration models, and both of your buildings would look at home in Amsterdam. I like the front big window of the cafe, it lets a lot of light inside. I'm looking forward seeing more from you in Amsterdam style. Well done! :thumbup:

Thats stunning!!! Wow, I really love the details of the inside and all the lights beyond the bottles etc.

The overview really looks great to the original, though there is a German car :tongue: :tongue:

-Aredhel

Thank you for all the nice comments!

That is a beautiful corner building, although I don't if Amsterdam is the most beautiful city. :grin:

Don't argue, it is! :tongue:

Thats stunning!!! Wow, I really love the details of the inside and all the lights beyond the bottles etc.

The overview really looks great to the original, though there is a German car :tongue: :tongue:

-Aredhel

Amsterdam has been a melting place of many cultures from many countries for ages. Especially in summer you see a lot of different license plates.

So perhaps I should put a german one in too. :wink:

Amsterdam has been a melting place of many cultures from many countries for ages. Especially in summer you see a lot of different license plates.

So perhaps I should put a german one in too. :wink:

You definetely should! But build a nice and beautiful car... Not a stupid BMW :wink::tongue:

Very beautiful facade, with lots of nice little details. I like all the white touches and the ground floor grey section. :classic:

the ceiling with lights is also very interesting.

Kind regards,

Teddy

I still don't get it what people admire in a city where all the buildings have the same colours :laugh:

But that's probably because I am Flemish...

Anyway, really great job on the Cafe!!! The interior and the exterior are nicely done!

I am looking forward to the completed neighbourhood!

Sorry to bump an old topic, but this is stunning! So much detail and inspiration. I'm planning out MOC now that will hopefully be a nice little American sports bar and I'm very inspired. Couple questions for you though. How tall are the walls? By my count of the seams it seems to be roughly 10 studs tall, am I right? Also, how did you make the arches? They're gorgeous! Also how high are the tables with the 4 chairs? Look about 1 stud with 1 tile high. Once again, fantastic buildings!

Sorry to bump an old topic, but this is stunning! So much detail and inspiration. I'm planning out MOC now that will hopefully be a nice little American sports bar and I'm very inspired. Couple questions for you though. How tall are the walls? By my count of the seams it seems to be roughly 10 studs tall, am I right? Also, how did you make the arches? They're gorgeous! Also how high are the tables with the 4 chairs? Look about 1 stud with 1 tile high. Once again, fantastic buildings!

Thank you for the compliments!

The walls are indeed about 10 bricks high, + 1 plate to be exact.

I'm not sure which arches you mean? I've used all regular arches and put the windows behind them. If you mean the awnings, you can attach plates to arches that way as they are open on in the inside and can hold a stud.

Hope that helps!

Lovely stuff!! Just perfect. It will be a fine town!

-Also nice detail with the lights.

The boat is excellent, but we have already seen that some time ago...;-)