Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #41: The Great Hunt

Quest #41 - The Great Hunt

The heroes L'Oreal and Siercon walk quietly to the northern outskirts of Eubric. They glance around confusedly.

The Party

7650261952_9bd7f89075_s.jpg

L'Oréal Diablo
, Level 1 Rogue

Power: 4

Health: 7/7

Gold: 0

Inventory: Scimitar (Longsword, WP: 3), Venom, Potion, Potion, Bedroll

SierconRPG.jpg?t=1343335066

Siercon
, Level 1 Mage

Health: 5/5

Ether: 5/5

Inventory: Staff (WP: 3), Potion x2, Diamond, Bedroll

DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0157.jpg

"Oink. Oink," says a pig. It uses it's snout to nudge two ragged pieces of cloth towards the heroes.

QM NOTE: Check your stats. I sure hope I haven't gotten them wrong. I've never hosted a Lvl 1 quest before, so I hope that I do this properly. If you feel I'm not coaching you enough, please tell me. Adam, You have been chosen as Party Leader. This means the final say on decisions like continuing onward fall to you. Bold all choices. You will also have to post battle order when the time comes. Siercon and Coral, you may still do many things. Please bold these choices too. Please, read over at least one short Quest. Quest 6 is a personal favorite of mine.

L'Oreal gazes at his surroundings and then stares at the pig. He squats, replies, "Oink!", and stands up again. He then turns towards Siercon.

"Well, this is a bit of a mystery, isn't it? This looks like Pigley, but I can't see this Russel Ruffers chap anywhere. Well, before we get to any of that, I say it's high time we were properly introduced. My name is L'Oreal Diablo, braver of Hell, kicker of megablocks, and lover of women. Who might you be, Mr. Siercon Siercon Siercon?"

L'Oreal bends down and gingerly picks up each piece of cloth so that they do not blow away, being careful not to damage either piece.

OOC: Those stats look right for me, Zepher! I just want to thank you again for putting together this quest for the two of us. I'm sure that you know what you're doing, but if I ever do something wrong, then please don't hesitate to correct me. I've been looking over the rules, etc. but I could definitely have missed something.

"Ah good be be going on this mission with you L'Oréal! The name is just Siercon." Siercon says knowing full well L'O knows this. "And perhaps if we find ourselves running for our lives from a demon vampire pig it might save you some time to just say it once" he continues with a wink and a fearful gesture to the ominous pig. "Oh but in all seriousness, perhaps this is one of those intelligent beasties that can sniff a wayward soul out?" He said pointing to the rags. "Maybe those will help? Though the pigs greatest end is still probably bacon, perhaps we can see what it can do before then?" Siercon suggests, looking around for the nearest rope or tether that could be used for a leash. He supposed if he needed to he could use his bed mat cord...

Siercon gently ensures the pig does not run off petting it and looking for a (collar?)

Edited by Siercon and Coral

L'Oreal licks his lips. "Mmmm, bacon! Aye, I could use a good breakfast!" He then realizes that the pig is listening and clears his throat sheepishly. "Ahem, err, maybe the quest at hand is a bit more important than breakfast. Most important meal of the day, though..." He looks back at the rags in his hands.

"Well, if Ruffers isn't here, then maybe these rags are a clue to his location? Then again, there are two rags - two being the number of vagabonds we're hunting down. Perhaps these cloths belong to them. Whatever the case, these rags seem important. Howabout you examine one while I have a look at the other? Be careful with them, now!"

L'Oreal hands one of the rags to Siercon and keeps the other. L'Oreal examines both sides of his rag carefully.

Siercon carefully takes the worn rag. "Thank you!, well" he said. "We might as well give this a try, lets see if this is here a blood hound pig." He takes the rope tying his bed roll and makes a relatively loose leash and puts it on the pig. Stooping down he holds the worn out rag to the snout of the pig and lets him give it a good sniff. "Are you ok with starting with this here rag-vagabond?" holding his hand slightly above the pig's rump threatening a short smart smack.

The heroes examine the rags and as they do, the pig keeps oinking incessantly. L'Oreal holds his rag close to his head, and the Pig pounces on him. The rag falls over L'Oreal's head. He is about to tear it off when he hears a voice.

"It's about time that you figured it out," a mournful deep bass tells him. Adam keeps the rags on his head, but rearranges them so he can see the speaker. It is the Pig.

DSCN0157.jpg

"My name is Sir Pigley. That thing you have on your head is called Sylvania's Cowl. It is an artifact, and headwear. It grants the wearer the ability called Animal Talk, common among the rangers in your Hall. Be careful with those, Russel and I will need one back when we're done here. I never thought they'd send us such green boys... the cries of the small are answered by the small..."

DSCN0131.jpg

A crab, sword in hand, pops out of the bush and lands on the Sir Pigley's back.

DSCN0154.jpg

"Howdy there, strangers. Are you the lads that Heroica sent to us? I'm Russel Ruffers, sell-sword, swashbuckler, Crab Supreme! I'll answer any questions you have, and then we can set out! My sources tell me that Pillus is about a day and a half's ride north."

L'Oreal itches at his cowl. "Green? Hey, a couple of aeons of retirement will do that to you, you know!" He kneels down and pulls off his hat, revealing a mane of flowing locks.

7672145054_75e072f94e_s.jpg

He then pulls the cowl over his mask and puts his fedora back on in a very snazzy manner. He crouches down to get a better view of Sir Pigley and Russel. He then asks a few questions:

"Well, now that I think about it, I do have a few questions for you two. The path to this Pillus, how difficult is the terrain? Do you expect we'll encounter any trouble on the way? What did this vagabond do to deserve us hunting him down, and why are you two on the case?"

Edited by Adam

Not worried about his own pride at this moment as his partner is honestly talking to a pig with a rag on his head, Siercon puts the rag on his head.

"Hello!" He is then given the debrief and eagerly awaits the next step in whatever direction the party takes.

"You look good in that rag, Siercon! It suits you. Let's hear what they have to say before we press on."

"Why thank you!" Siercon said holding the rag below his chin like a bonnet with one hand and and making a quick curtsy. He then tied it like a cool bandana. "I agree, and I'm all ears. Not every day you talk to a talking pig and crab :)"

With that he happily (but not lazily) sat down to listen.

Perhaps I emphasized the need to bold things too much. If you want to move on, reorganize items, use items, or search things, you should bold those actions. All other actions can be left unbolded, or bolded if you so choose.

DSCN0154.jpg

"Getting to him shouldn't be hard, even for me on Sir Pigley. You should be able to keep up with me. Pigley is a sound mount, but not too quick."

DSCN0157.jpg

"I wasn't built for speed."

DSCN0154.jpg

"As for what he did... do you know about the land of Ennon? I hear it's beautiful... never been there myself, of course, born and raised on Uland, never left the place. Anyway, there where these Paladins over there, once upon a time, and now they're here and there and everywhere. Frogs took after them. There is a Frog Paladin Order, big organization, pretty strong over here in Uland, even stronger in the former lands of Ennon, even stronger in the High Kingdoms where they have their headquarters. I hear they've even recently sent an ambassador to Dastan recently to see if there was any followers of Amphibiannoc over there they could recruit. Anyway, Pillus is their former Lord High Commander. Turned tail and fled. High Priest Pylon will not allow any of the Paladins to hunt him down, so they've hired me to do it, and I've hired you to help me out. Last Pillus was seen, he was with an old noble dog named Lord Barkley Barkington. Barkley is from around these parts. He served some time with the Town Watch, but went renegade after a nasty run-in with some vampires. He was found by a Sharkling named Gurnam and sold to a fellow named Guffington, but fled after Doc Daneeka tried out an elixir of eternal life on him. He is too noble to be a lab rat. Barkley's not actually that bad of a a dog, I'd rather take him alive rather than dead. Pillus... there's talk he's stooped to necromancy. If that's the case, there's no hope for him. Does that answer everything? Time to move out?"

"I suppose that answers all of my questions. You have a noble cause, chaps. I've encountered a few Necromancers in my day, and they're nothing but trouble. Siercon, you look ready to go, so I say we move on out."

The heroes march through the day, not feeling much like talking as the hot sun beats down on them.

As night falls, Sir Pigley makes camp and starts a fire. Russel sits on a rock.

Tiny1.jpg

DSCN0157.jpg

"You might want to see if they can handle themselve in combat, Russel," says Sir Pigley. "We will be upon Pillus and Barkley tomorrow, and we need to know if we can trust the Heroica boys to hold their own."

DSCN0154.jpg

"Splendid idea, my loyal swine! Heroes, would you like to practice combat with me? I promise, I will go easy!"

L'Oreal laughs and unsheathes his scimitar, laughing as he does so. "You asked for it, crab!"

L'Oreal and Siercon enter into battle.

EDIT: Nevermind. default_blush.gif

Edited by Adam

DSCN0154.jpg

"En garde!"

The Enemies

DSCN0154.jpg

Russel

Level 4

Health: 12/12

Special: Parry -
Stuns
the hero the following round.

Drops: Nothing

The Party

L'Oréal Diablo
, Level 1 Rogue

Inventory:
Scimitar
(Longsword, WP: 3), Venom, Potion, Potion, Bedroll,
Sylvania's Cowl
(Artifact, Head Wear, Grant user Animal Talk)

Siercon
, Level 1 Mage

Inventory:
Staff
(WP: 3), Potion x2, Diamond, Bedroll,
Sylvania's Cowl

State your target, if you'd like to use an item, and in the case of Adam, the battle order.

Battle Order

L'Oreal Diablo

Siercon

L'Oreal attacks Russel with his scimitar from the front row.

Edited by Adam

Siercon follows suit, uttering some ominous magic words and smoothly waving his hands as if he were singing at the opera. When nothing happens, he runs to the front row and attacks the crab with a whack of his staff. All of this while keeping hold of his Sylvanian bonnet (Not to be confused with a TranSylvanian bonn'e).

Round One Practice Battle

L'Oreal Diablo v. Russel - Critical Hit ([3x2]+1=7)

Siercon v. Russel - Miss

The heroes and crab square off as Pigley roasts an apple over the fire. L'Oreal lands a hit that sends the crab scittering over the rocks, and Siercon is unable to whack him, as he is now out of range.

The Enemies

DSCN0154.jpg

Russel

Level 4 Beast

Health: 5/12

Stuns

The Party

L'Oréal Diablo
, Level 1 Rogue

Inventory:
Scimitar
Sylvania's Cowl

Siercon
, Level 1 Mage

Inventory:
Staff
Sylvania's Cowl

Battle Order

Siercon

L'Oreal Diablo

L'Oreal jumps back into the fray and attacks Russel with his blade from the front row.

Siercon attacks Russel again from the front row with his staff putting forth a little more effort into his whack and less effort into his opera singing.

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Round Two Practice Battle

Siercon v. Russel - Damage (-4)

L'Oreal Diablo - Miss

The crab scuttles under L'Oreal's blade and whacks Siercon with the flat side of his blade.

The Enemies

DSCN0154.jpg

Russel

Level 4 Beast

Stuns

The Party

L'Oréal Diablo
, Level 1 Rogue

Inventory:
Scimitar
Sylvania's Cowl

Siercon
, Level 1 Mage

Health: 1/5

Inventory:
Staff
Sylvania's Cowl

"Ahhhh!" Siercon groans while he falls to the ground. He drinks one of his potions consisting of around half his net worth and feels whole again! He wonders if only drinking half of the potion is medically sufficient, considering how full he feels at around halfway point.

OCC. Assuming I cant just drink half of it? I'm sure this is a question that will become obsolete, or more complicated farther down the road...

"You're quick on your claws, you little rascal!" L'Oreal laughs as he moves in for a third offensive.

Battle Order

L'Oreal Diablo

L'Oreal runs up and slices Russel with his scimitar from the front row.

OOC: I didn't include Siercon in the battle order since he was using an item and thus does not roll a die. Please let me know if this is wrong.

Round Three Practice Battle

Siercon uses Potion

L'Oreal Diablo v. Russel - Damage

Siercon downs his potion as L'Oreal takes a hit from the fierce crab.

The Enemies

DSCN0154.jpg

Russel

Level 4 Beast

Stuns

The Party

L'Oréal Diablo
, Level 1 Rogue

Health: 3/7

Inventory:
Scimitar
Sylvania's Cowl

Siercon
, Level 1 Mage

Inventory:
Staff
(WP: 3), Potion x1, Diamond, Bedroll,
Sylvania's Cowl

Edited by Zepher