Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

Modular Madness: Esso Garage

indexed.gif B-M-08A

Now some of you may have been wondering would the tiger enter into at least one category eh ? :wink:

Well, I decided only two days ago and here it is....my cat.1 entry....

ESSO Garage

esso_garage_modular_madness_month.jpg

Inspired by the early Lego town plan Esso service stations I choose to make a garage which could sit on the corner of a city block.

Sadly ran out of room for the gas pumps (petrol bowsers), hence I just called it a garage instead of service station.

The structure would be at least a two storey building or at least a single with one hell of a high roof :laugh: , you can see the curved shop window and glass door way. Vehicle access is though the clear windowed/red trimmed tilt door (of course it doesn't tilt....it's a mini build right :laugh: ).

Good luck to my fellow members in this category as well.....Brick On everyone ! :classic:

Edited by Phred

Your MOC has a retro feel to it! even the colours are so Esso!

oh ya and Brick On, LT!

Nice garage.:classic:

Did the roof blow away in that storm in ''Tigertown'' again?

Or did the owners/builder run out of money?:laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Thanks for the positive vibes everyone, and no storm on the horizon....I actually have a little bit of spare cash....where do you think the 20 bucks came from to build this ? :laugh:

I though an Art Deco garage inspired by early town plan sets would be cool and it actually pops - might have to knock up a whole street worth eh ? :laugh:

Might have to knock up a whole street worth eh ? :laugh:

If you do, can you remember to build a roof for your buildings? :laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

If you do can you remember to build a roof for your buildings? :laugh:

BisonOfCourse.jpg

First mini-street.....then the world !

Brick On ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Great looking MOC. It looks like the most recent 10184's station. I like the curved window in the front. But, wheres the mini pumps?!

Great looking MOC. It looks like the most recent 10184's station. I like the curved window in the front. But, wheres the mini pumps?!

Thanks 'Legocrazy81' and I ran out of room for them....I'll try and see if I can make a pair that would suit....then I'll edit my original image.

Keep watching ! :classic:

I like it. It reminds me of your unique style. It is simple but with a great design. Good luck in the competition!

I like it. It reminds me of your unique style. It is simple but with a great design. Good luck in the competition!

Thanks 'LegoJalex', I actually might challenge myself today being the final day.....an actual modular in under 24 hours - I will try ! *oh2*

Brick On ! :grin:

That's a lovely little garage. Well done for this small scale and good luck in the contest. The use of transclear 'macaroni' brick is great, I didn't even now it exists in transclear.

Thanks 'Redhead1982' for your kind words, the clear 'macaroni' piece...yeah, it's handy having a Lego spare parts store only 7km from home. :grin: (They have a lot of older parts, sometimes even rare ones too ! :wink: )