Myko

Modular Madness: Terrace Apartments / Barbershop

indexed.gif B-OM-28B

Hello everyone!

Here's my Category 3 entry for the Modular Madness contest. I wanted to do a building which wasn't a straight up box shape, so I decided to build an apartment complex with different levels. There are some cool looking buildings where I live that inspired me to add a lot of flowers and vegetation to the balconies. I figured if you put this building next to one of the other modulars it would look sort of odd with a large amount of wall showing on the adjacent building, so I added some large wooden fences with more plants on them.

The bottom floor needed some sort of commercial venue and I figured barbershops aren't that common.

Hope you enjoy!

7660808964_8cb65fd1f8_c.jpg

Terrace Apartment 4 by Myko-, on Flickr

7660806952_d092d0f5a6_c.jpg

Terrace Apartment Sunbathing by Myko-, on Flickr

7660808850_a0d3e49f0d_c.jpg

Terrace Apartment Back by Myko-, on Flickr

7660807644_fdd70ef62e_c.jpg

Terrace Apartment Interior 2 by Myko-, on Flickr

7660807300_f05e14edd7_c.jpg

Terrace Apartment Shaving Mirror by Myko-, on Flickr

Now I know why I haven't tried a design in this contest so far.....compete against this AWESOME creation.....man, fantastic work especially on the brick work and barbershop interior 'Myko'. :grin:

Good luck and Brick On ! :grin:

Wow, great work here.

Love the whole coloursceme and the way the building 'jumps'.

Good luck in the contest.

My gosh!

Another favourite. :wub_drool:

Wonderful color scheme, nice interior, friendsified green, extensive use of new pieces...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Beautiful modular! The architectural decorations are brilliant, I especially like the clips under the arches :thumbup:

The plants on the building and going up the board fence are great.

The railing on the balcony is also excellent, and the interior looks very realistic.

You probably have one of my votes :classic:

There's something you don't see every day! Awesome MOC. I like all the different shapes, colours, bricks, and techniques you used in this building. Nice idea using the beard piece as shaving cream! :classic:

Best of luck! :thumbup:

Truly beatiful Moc Myko :wub:! I love that you made it with so many different heights on the building parts! The color and overall design are also great!

Beutiful! Love all the green, and useing the hat for the hydrant was a splended idea! :tongue:

Another favorite of this contest too. Why there so many good ones. I know voting will be difficult. :grin:

I love how there are two different buildings and each have different sizes and character. They both have different types of brickwork and charm. The garden is fantastic and livens this modular up with a splash of color. The barber shop is also very nice with its exterior, and awesome interior. :wub:

Good luck in the contest. :thumbup::classic:

I just love this MOC. :wub: The barber pole with the many colours although simple is a great detail and all that greenery is excellent.

I believe the word is indeed 'wow'. This is a spectacular entry, and there are just too many gorgeous details to comment on, but this is definitely one of my favourite entries thus far. I, for one, am off to Flickr for a closer look!

That is excellent. That barbershop is great! I like how it melds with the other building. The barbershops interior is nice too, very accurate. I like that fire hydrant too, very clever. :laugh:

This is one of the favourite MOC for the third category for Modular Madness. Very well-made MOC, I like it a lot :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is easily one of the best entries thus far. There isn't one particular thing that stands out, but rather the entire composition is just incredibly pleasing. Blogged on Brick Town Talk! :classic:

It seems to me that this competition brings out the best in the AFOL. When you see the very high standerd of builds in this competition, it is amazing. This building is surely among the best. It's very creative with the terras. The colors are very well chosen. The interior is very tastfull. Great work there. :cry_happy::thumbup::laugh:

Wow! A beautiful building - I've always hoped for LEGO to release a modular building with terraced gardens ... they couldn't do better than this :) Fantastic work!

I absolutely love the way you've used space in this build. Others have commented on the terrace, and I'll echo their praise here! There is just so much going on, so many areas of interest. A superb job-- best of luck!

--Rob

Very, very nice! I really like the colors and the interiors, but for me, the terrace is the most clever part of he MOC! This is something I have only been dreaming of, but not building.

Good luck with he contest. You have a gret contender there!

Andy D