Sign in to follow this  
Flobnomdob

Astromech Workplace Contest: Targonnian Pursuit

This would be my first go at Star Wars MOC'ing, so this'llbe also the first time I've used a droid too. My R2 unit looks a little rusty(From the original X-Wing fighter), but I hope no-one notices!

My entry to the Eurobricks Astromech workplace contest has R2-D2 and anotherastromech working in law enforcement.

This scene is based off part of the Star Wars: Droids Season of Revolt comic,in which R2, under the control of the 'caretaker virus' forces Threepio tohotwire a police speeder with sidecar from under the police officer's nose. TheTargonnian dictator Craw sends his captain, Steggus to capture 'Smiley', ahuman under the effects of Savorium (A herb developed by Ithorian MasterZorneth, which if eaten makes the consumer permenently cheerful and susceptible)with an unnamed three legged battle vehicle.

default_sing.gif Anyway, on to the model.

7651790494_40ccbabe3a_c.jpg

To begin with, an overview of the MOC.

7651789560_ebe4382d04_c.jpg

Details of the Police Speeder (Notice Artoo is missing his legs here, I wanted it to look more ‘snug’.) This thing is fragile! I reworkedthe design many times to get it to look like the comic reference images.

7651789864_36557d74f1_c.jpg

Now for the three-legged battle vehicle. I’ll give it a SWsounding name, and baptise it the T-LBV. default_devg1.gifThis design practically built itself,with the obvious cockpit part combinations. I promise to you that this flextubing is NOT cut! I've used just a little artistic licence here but otherwise the design is the same. If it looks weird it's not my fault, it's the artist who drew it! default_blink.gif

7651790296_3bd7a33281_c.jpg

Finally, a look at the other part of the model. We have a police officer, his astromech, Smiley and Zorneth.

The characters involved in this MOC;

7651790858_9d9826f336_c.jpg

P.S. I don't own any of the comic images in this entry, they are copyright of some company. default_sadnew.gif

Wish me luck in the competition! default_satisfied.gif

Quite the interesting entry! I think it's cool that you based it on a comic. I like the police speeder, and the way you brick-built Master Zorneth's head. :thumbup: Good luck!

Really like this entry, the speeder and the walker are well built and the way you tie it back to the comic with the custom figs is very faithful, top effort! :thumbup:

I really like all your vehicles, they are a good match to your reference material (especially the tripod) :thumbup: but I can't help feeling that your entry would be improved if it were held together by some kind of vignette or even just a Lego base.

Nice work, I like the crawler and the police speeder. :classic:

Good luck :thumbup: