Sign in to follow this  
dwxe86

Discrepancy between the actual Commander Fox front printing compared t

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Has anyone noticed this? Does anyone have a Commander Fox that is exactly the same as the official photos?

973pb509c01.jpg VS Fox.png

Could you provide pictures of the box and the fig? It would probably help us understand a little better what it is exactly you are asking for :thumbup:

I know, actually. Here is what the torso actually looks like:

973pb509c01.jpg?0

On the official images, the grey rounded printing towards the bottom is not there, so the three red stripes continue all the way down to the belt. I was surprised by it back when I got the set myself, and I think the Fox in the official images without the grey part looks better. In the show/film Fox doesn't have the grey part on him.

I did see someone on Flickr, I believe, who had the version without the grey print :oh:

He did email the Customer Service for a new one, though :laugh:

Hmmm, interesting. I wonder if TLG redesigned it, or if it's an error. Either way I like the one without the grey a lot better. Perhaps I can try emailing constomer support! :laugh:

I can see this being a major issue for people who bricklink him though, seeing as his fig alone is almost the price of the original set! And I have to say the official one looks much better, and the change may have been a cost cutting thing as much as an error, especially if so many people have it. Although, the official pic may have the grey area simply not visible due to a too high brightness setting, and the only thing missing is the extension of the red parts, or the opposite could be true, and the red parts are there and are covered by a mistake where the grey extends down to the center from its edge, seen in the official pic.

I can see this being a major issue for people who bricklink him though, seeing as his fig alone is almost the price of the original set! And I have to say the official one looks much better, and the change may have been a cost cutting thing as much as an error, especially if so many people have it. Although, the official pic may have the grey area simply not visible due to a too high brightness setting, and the only thing missing is the extension of the red parts, or the opposite could be true, and the red parts are there and are covered by a mistake where the grey extends down to the center from its edge, seen in the official pic.

I think your last statement is true. I've been looking at my figure really close, and where the red is supposed to be, the gray is a little purple. Check it yourself, it's hard to see but noticeable.