Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur 2.0: Day Five

banner2.0.png

The crewmembers of the Excalibur shuffled into the Rec-Room to find out who among them didn't make it through the night. Oddly enough, everyone did.

img_3975.jpg

"This is ridiculous." Admiral Bob said. "It's bad enough that the day threads are boring, but now the nights are boring too? I only had to take one picture. The gallery on brickshelf only has one picture in it. I'll have to make joke pictures later on in the day to fix this. Anyway, Andrew Gordon / Scubacarrot was indeed a member of the League of Purists, so hats off to you guys on that."

He paused.

"I'm counting on all of you...I have a twenty dollar bet at the officers club."

And with that, he left the crew to discuss the situation at hand.

Non Playable Characters:

admiral.jpg_thumb.jpg

Admiral Bob --- Played By Bob

Players: (18)

Command Officers:

1.jpg

First Officer Commander Cameron Walters --- Played By Scouty

3.jpg

Chief Engineer Lieutenant Commander Matthew Wilder --- Played by fhomess

5.jpg

Chief Security Officer Lieutenant George Harper --- Played by Dragonator

6.jpg

Science Officer Lieutenant Michael McAndrews --- Played by Tamamono

Officers:

8.jpg

Lieutenant Arnold Daly, chief astrophysicist --- Played by Rufus

9.jpg

Lieutenant Richard Francis, chief astrobiology officer --- Played by AwesomeStar

10.jpg

Lieutenant Thomas Hornby,chief cartography officer --- Played by Shadows

11.jpg

Lieutenant Michelle Wheeler, chemist --- Played by Inconspicuous

12.jpg

Lieutenant Suzanne Vanderbilt, med-bay nurse --- Played by Fugazi

23.jpg

Lieutenant Zachary Jones, junior engineer --- Played by Masked Builder

Enlisted:

15.jpg

Ensign Samantha York, navigator --- Played by Capt.JohnPaul

16.jpg

Ensign Toby Rockford, security --- Played by darkdragon

21.jpg

Ensign Allison Williams, engineer --- Played by swils

22.jpg

Ensign Robert Holloway, engineer --- Played by Waterbrick Down

Gone, but not forgotten:

20.jpg

Ensign Timothy Mandel, engineer --- Played by Dannylonglegs, electrocuted on Night One (Loyalist)

19.jpg

Ensign Peter Robbins, janitorial staff --- Played by Peanuts, blown apart on Night One (Loyalist)

17.jpg

Ensign Brian Pewter, security --- Played by Palathadric, lynched on Day Two (Loyalist)

18.jpg

Ensign Jack Campbell, security --- Played by Dakar A, 'sploded by a phaser on Night Two (Loyalist)

14.jpg

Ensign Jason Falcon, helmsman --- Played by Hinckley, stabbed to death on Night Two (Loyalist)

4.jpg

Chief Medical Officer Lieutenant Commander Julius Burbank, M.D. --- Played by Brickdoctor, lynched on Day Three (Loyalist)

7.jpg

Lieutenant Donna Willis, chief research officer --- Played by KingOfTheZempk, struck dead by a machine gun on Night Three (Loyalist)

13.jpg

Lieutenant Joshua Wright, med-bay nurse --- Played by CallMePie, vanished without a trace on Night Three (Unknown)

2.jpg

Second Officer Lieutenant Commander Andrew Gordon --- Played by Scubacarrot, voted off for being a dick on Day Four (League Of Purists)

Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyalists or the League of Purists. To win the game, the Loyalists must vote or kill off all the League of Purists, while the League of Purists needs to outnumber the Loyalists. Additionally, keep on the lookout for other factions.

2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During a day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting must be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after those 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. Don't edit your posts, or I will cry.

9. Post in all of the day threads or I will cry.

10. Please don't metagame to much, or I will cry.

11. I hate taking avatar photos, so don't make fun of me or I'll cry.

12. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Your character will also die in the most gruesome and awful way possible. I also won't cry.

Edited by Bob

What the fuck. Why are there no deaths. *huh*

Oh, come on now, surely you have -some- insight into why. Or at least a hunch? You've been taking the lead on a lot of the lynches, and you have a history of getting into the thick of things, generally in a leadership type position. I'm not saying you should come out and tell us who did what that you know of (if you know of any), but you're at about the bottom of the list of people who I'd expect to not have a single clue as to what's going on.

Oh, come on now, surely you have -some- insight into why. Or at least a hunch? You've been taking the lead on a lot of the lynches, and you have a history of getting into the thick of things, generally in a leadership type position. I'm not saying you should come out and tell us who did what that you know of (if you know of any), but you're at about the bottom of the list of people who I'd expect to not have a single clue as to what's going on.

This is the problem. There were supposed to be deaths. :laugh:

Thank goodness for tree-stumps. Now that we at long last have a confirmed dead scum we can start making some progress. I've got hundreds of notes that have been waiting for someone to turn up scum, so I can at last start organizing them and have something solid. So we're either looking at from the scum's side a conversion or kill that was blocked/protected and apparently with a supposed vig, a block or protection on their side (assuming they chose to kill which at this stage of the game, I would think they'd have at least some suspects, it hasn't prevented them yet from killing during the earlier nights).

It's a start, chalk one up for us, but the rest of it is leaving me with a lot more questions than I had yesterday. :wacko:

Vig blocked? Scum blocked? Are we at least getting a grip on who is who at this point, and if so, can we take care of some of it during the day, now that nights seem unreliable?

I'm a bit disappointed that my kill was unsuccessful, but quite pleased with the fact that we have no scum kill. Hopefully the mechanics of all that failure will come to light. If you saw anything, please do share it. At this point, I would think that silence aids the scum more than anyone.

It's a shame the Vig kill didn't work, but otherwise, it sounds like somebody did a good job last night. Hopefully we can learn something from that. Otherwise, I think it'd be a good idea to lunch one of the intended targets today. At the most at least no townie died last night, just scummy scum scum Gordon.

What the fuck. Why are there no deaths. *huh*

This is the problem. There were supposed to be deaths. :laugh:

There were supposed to deaths, you say. Hmmm. To my mind, no night deaths at all is a pretty amazing result for us, and I fail to see why you think this should be viewed as a problem.

Because we were having the vig kill a certain someone who we didn't want to have to waste a Day on. In addition, more deaths cuts down on the amount of suspects, thus heightening our chances of isolating the purists. However, I think they were trying to kill someone who is clear, so it's probably a good thing that the protector/blocker chose their targets correctly.

Excellent, that's one ticked off thanks to our trusty tree stump. Looks like we may have another confirmed purist once the results of last night's actions have been collated too. :sweet:

it's probably a good thing that the protector/blocker chose their targets correctly.

I hear that is going to lead us to good things for today, things we already knew but can feel much more confirmed about now. :grin:

This is quite encouraging news! We nailed our first Purist -- there was little doubt about it of course -- and the absence of a scum kill is a sign that someone has done something right. If there were conversions, I suppose that we would have heard something about it from the simulation scum crew? Anyway, I look forward to hearing from those who understand what happened last night.

Wow. Bob's soon going to kill us all.

Excellent, that's one ticked off thanks to our trusty tree stump. Looks like we may have another confirmed purist once the results of last night's actions have been collated too. :sweet:

We do? May you enlighten us? I'm don't think our blocker should reveal themselves. Do they trust you?

We do? May you enlighten us? I'm don't think our blocker should reveal themselves. Do they trust you?

All in due time Ensign. :thumbup:

Nice to see that everyone made it through the night alive. :thumbup: It sounds like we have some news on the way. I have a feeling it's going to be a boring day until it's revealed.

Nice to see that everyone made it through the night alive. :thumbup: It sounds like we have some news on the way. I have a feeling it's going to be a boring day until it's revealed.

Boring.... :hmpf_bad: Seerrvverr! Hurry up with the drinks!

One scum down, but I don't think any of us can really take credit for it. I mean, that was all Stumpy's doing there. One less scum is good though, no matter how it was done!

Not sure why everyone is so quiet today so far, but it was a very uneventful night which is quite strange in itself. I'm very interested in finding out what has happened and if we have any new leads to go on for today's lynch. Hope those who know will shed some light on us soon.

Not sure why everyone is so quiet today so far, but it was a very uneventful night which is quite strange in itself. I'm very interested in finding out what has happened and if we have any new leads to go on for today's lynch. Hope those who know will shed some light on us soon.

I agree. If we wait any longer, how will the accused be able to defend themselves in so little time? The all-knowledgeable must have some pretty concrete evidence. I'm interested.

I really wanted to write a play, but I'm not much of a playwright, and can only do Grover impressions (near..... far!). However, since you all seem so bored, I'll propose a victim for today's lynch.

Player X has been very fun to talk with over the past few days, and has shared a lot of insight into which of you are scummy and which aren't based on post analysis. The problem is, Player X hasn't been willing to apply that post analysis consistently across the people he's been telling me. Some people were cleared by posts that struck me as less conclusive in his methodology than others who were not cleared by the same methodology, and vice versa.

So for a little while I've been feeding Player X tidbits of truths and untruths to see where they might slip up. After my claim yesterday, I told this player that I was in contact with a protector and a PGO. Neither of which were true at the time. This player has done nothing but pester me in an effort to find out the identity of these roles, and when I did get in contact with the protector, learned that the protector would protect me last night. By this point Player X was in touch with some of the same people, and knew it, too, but still didn't know who the protector was.

It seems, however, that some very smart member of the town core allowed Player X to change the town plan and have me not be protected. I nearly cried when Player X told me I was not going to be protected, while Player X and his scum buddies did jumping jacks. As you know, I'm still here. It seems that Player X's request to change the town plan didn't go through after all! Yay!

This morning, Player Y contacted me to suggest that I had been saved by the protector after I had unwittingly targetted.... the PGO! Uh, right. Player Y assures me they were the PGO in the prequel (which was undoubtedly da bomb). Anyway, this is all well and good but it sure does seem a bit of an odd coincidence that Player Y suggested PGO to me after I had fabricated that idea to Player X. Are they connected? You be the judge!

Anyway, it also seems mighty odd that after spending a large effort into getting the town core to not protect me, that the scum kill didn't go through. For reasons I don't want to get into publicly, I have very little reason to believe the player the town blocker targeted was the scum killer. The protector confirms they protected me. So what that suggests is that the scum went for the obvious protector target after all. Maybe they thought I had been left unprotected?

Oh, and Player X keeps asking me questions such as:

"Who's the town protector?"

"Can you tell me now?"

"No?"

"How about now?"

To clue the rest of you in, player X is Ensign Holloway.

Does he seem as scummy to you as he does to me?

Well, he seemed kind of quiet. That's all. And in those PM's I had about the probability of town with Holloway, he seemed he was trying to help.

But I didn't know what was going on in your conversations, so maybe he is scum after all.

Aye, he does seem scummy to me. Holloway has come to me in an effort to form a new town block, based on a strategy he's developed to help him figure out who he thinks is town. With this strategy, he claims he already rounded up 7 or more people. I think this is too good to be true. Even on a townie basis, I've stated my worries that this might be an attempt to round up the town into a convenient pen for our slaughter. It seems to me that this "strategy" from Holloway is simply his knowledge of who is not scum. Lt. Commander Wilder's interactions, and Holloway's reactions, only make things smell more fishy. It struck me as odd that Holloway wished me to try and influence the protector to target a different target than Wilder. That indeed did not happen and our Vig is still alive :sweet:

Aye, he does seem scummy to me. Holloway has come to me in an effort to form a new town block, based on a strategy he's developed to help him figure out who he thinks is town. With this strategy, he claims he already rounded up 7 or more people. I think this is too good to be true. Even on a townie basis, I've stated my worries that this might be an attempt to round up the town into a convenient pen for our slaughter. It seems to me that this "strategy" from Holloway is simply his knowledge of who is not scum. Lt. Commander Wilder's interactions, and Holloway's reactions, only make things smell more fishy. It struck me as odd that Holloway wished me to try and influence the protector to target a different target than Wilder. That indeed did not happen and our Vig is still alive :sweet:

Now that you mention the new block and this strategy, he wouldn't even say how he figured it out. Only "I prefer to keep it secret for later games." Games... of life.

I agree. If we wait any longer, how will the accused be able to defend themselves in so little time? The all-knowledgeable must have some pretty concrete evidence. I'm interested.

To be perfectly blunt, screw the accused defending themselves. They lie, they twist, they try to wiggle and confuse. When the time is right, the best case possible will be presented, until then things are being carefully analyzed and evaluated to make sure that the accusation is as certain as it can be in the given situation.

I'll give everyone a little hint... lack of scum kill last night. Think about it. :grin:

Added: Damn my flaky internet. I write up a reply while it's working, it dies, I post it when it comes back, and people have posted in between. :laugh:

To clue the rest of you in, player X is Ensign Holloway.

Does he seem as scummy to you as he does to me?

You know my answer to that question, he's been on my list. Though I must admit I had at least higher up the list, I can understand the shift based on last night.

Player Y assures me they were the PGO in the prequel (which was undoubtedly da bomb).

I am so proud of my 1.0 roleclaim, it's still reaping rewards in 2.0. There was no bomb, it was all a trap to make the scum reveal themselves! :laugh: That's a damn fine roleclaim, if I do say so myself. :grin:

Anyone know where I could get a slice of cherry pie while we wait to vote?