Redhead1982

Modular Madness: Tea house and bride's dress boutique

indexed.gif B-OM-27E

For the Modular Madness Contest, I made these two 16-wide buildings. The left (white) one is bride's dress boutique, and the right one (medium dark flesh) is a tea house. The idea for the bride's boutique came from the Town hall. When I was building it, I was wondering where the bride got her dress. :classic: Also, the CM's bride was a nice addition. On the other hand, I'm a heavy black (flavoured) tea drinker, and the Tea house was a logical addition for a shopping area.

building-modular_madness_11.jpg

All floors are furnished. Starting with the boutique, there's a 'window' shopper and a sales woman inside. Here you can mainly see the model dresses and try some tiaras. On the right is the tea house 'Fine tea', where they sell a diverse collection of black classic and flavored teas in small tins.

building-modular_madness_12.jpg

Second floors of both houses feature offices for the managers of the stores. Mainly, the furniture here is simple. In the bride's boutique they also keep some model books, where the customers can see various dress designs, that are not at display currently.

building-modular_madness_24.jpg

The third floors of the houses are similarly furnished, featuring a small kitchenette and toilets. I had to include the toilets, because my modular street keeps growing and the only bathroom in town was not enough anymore. :sceptic:

building-modular_madness_28.jpg

To conclude the presentation, the back of the houses is simple, and not as detailed as the front.

building-modular_madness_36.jpg

As usual, more photos with details can be found at my Brickshelf, FlickR or MOC Pages. Hope you'll enjoy them.

the bridal boutique is so sweet! the use of the pink tiles with the white interior matches perfectly to the business nature!

by the way, is the stairs to the third storey made up of clear bricks/tiles? Took a closer and answered my own question.

the Tea House is just brilliant. the interior is just screaming out to tea-lovers to buy more tea! :laugh:

All the best!

Edited by streifen

Red,

Lovely mods! Way to go!

My favorite feature in the bridal shop is the pink and white stairs....a very nice touch!

And I love the roof design of the tea shop.

Your interiors are first class as usual.

Good luck with your entries!

I really like these, especially the brick pattern on the back wall of the tea house. It gives it a nice look.

Great entry, and good luck in the contest. :thumbup::classic:

Wow, very nice! I looked through your pics on MOCpages too. I like the striped wall of the bridal shop, the red roof (I really want to build one like it!), the balconies, and the tea shop idea (I too drink black flavored tea)!

I'm glad you all liked my buildings so far. I'll be offline (due to unavailability of WiFi) for 10 days, so it will be interesting to read more comments then.

very nice color schemes! and what more could a bride want than tea to go along with gown shopping.

great job and good luck .

Very nice, especially the white building looks very good :sweet:. And I love that glass staircase, nicely done. Good luck in the contest :sweet:

It looks great! I espeically like the "bride's dress boutique". The colours are lovely (the red in combination to the blue gray works well), and that glass stair is cool! Good luck in the competition!

Wonderful pair of modular buildings 'Redhead1982' - the bridal shop is just.....well.... :wub: - you could easily make it into a Friend's creation. :sweet:

The bricked wall on the back of the tea house is fantastic......good luck and Brick On.....here comes the brick... :grin:

Excellent modulars! Good ideas for the shops, the book case in the bride's dress boutique is one of my favorite details :thumbup:

I also really like the first floor of the tea house, the colors give a nice atmosphere. Very nice entries :classic:

Two very good buildings here! I like the exterior style of the boutique especially the curved windows, but also both interiors are very well done. Best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Great entry. I particularly like your interiors - the ground floor of the tea house is amazing. You're very good at matching colours :)

It's nice reading so many nice comments about these two buildings after coming home from 'web-less' holidays.

Awesome! I love the interior of this building, especially those very cool glass stairs. default_wubnew.gif