Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M<0><0<DSWIM

Chibi Han Solo

25 posts in this topic

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I was thinking about all the SW Mocs I've built, and realized I've made very few Han Solo ones. So I built this:

chibihan.jpg

Sorry for the lack of photos, but I just wanted to show you all that I'm not dead. :laugh: I will build a Chibi Chewie to go with this guy as soon as I finish my Moodland scale Bat Pod. :oh:

The Good:

Love the pistol and the hair. Simple adaptions of the shapes. :thumbup:

The Bad:

With the really wide, straight mouth and those blank-looking eyes that are the same color as the hair, the face is scaring me. :tongue:

It just reminds me of Little Orphan Annie. Creepy? Yes. Bad thing? No. I like the stylization. It still looks like Han.

The Good:

Love the pistol and the hair. Simple adaptions of the shapes. :thumbup:

The Bad:

With the really wide, straight mouth and those blank-looking eyes that are the same color as the hair, the face is scaring me. :tongue:

Haha! Well, I originally built Han's face with his famous "smirk" like on the minifig, but it looked a bit deformed. :laugh:

It just reminds me of Little Orphan Annie.

:laugh: Ha! Me, too! This looks good. The face could be a bit better, but the rest of it looks great! Love the gun! Great job!

I was thinking about all the SW Mocs I've built, and realized I've made very few Han Solo ones. So I built this:

Sorry for the lack of photos, but I just wanted to show you all that I'm not dead. :laugh: I will build a Chibi Chewie to go with this guy as soon as I finish my Moodland scale Bat Pod. :oh:

B-B-B-Batpod?! :oh3: Is there a Batman involved too?...

Han looks great, even with those dead eyes. :tongue: The gun is awesome. Your figs are always awesome. He's definitely not scruffy lookin', smooth as a babys behind...

B-B-B-Batpod?! :oh3: Is there a Batman involved too?...

Han looks great, even with those dead eyes. :tongue: The gun is awesome. Your figs are always awesome. He's definitely not scruffy lookin', smooth as a babys behind...

Ha! There is a Bat-fig involved, and it should be finished in a day or two (hopefully). As far as the "dead" eyes, I was goin for an anime look.

Looks great! :sweet:

I know lips are red, but have you tried black for the mouth?

Nice one man. I agree with everyone, gun looks awesome and eyes look a little creepy. Instantly recognisable as Han though, cloths look spot on and even got his holster on his side :thumbup: . I'm waiting to see his side kick.

Hey, man

I know I already mentioned this on Flickr but I'll say it here also, This is a fantastic build.

Some have said the eyes may look a bit dead and maybe they are... a bit. However,if you are looking to liven them up a bit maybe you can check out a Flickr user by the name of 'tkh'

They make some great looking anime eyes... asuka-16

rongYIREN

Very Cool! I’ve always wanted to try and build one of these, but I think I’ll just leave that to you Jedi Master MOOD!

I already posted some thoughts, but this is now:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks for the blog! I love the heading you came up with! :laugh:

I love the way you made his belt. Great details on this guy. Nice work. :classic:

Edited by Walter

Hey, man

I know I already mentioned this on Flickr but I'll say it here also, This is a fantastic build.

Some have said the eyes may look a bit dead and maybe they are... a bit. However,if you are looking to liven them up a bit maybe you can check out a Flickr user by the name of 'tkh'

They make some great looking anime eyes... asuka-16

rongYIREN

Thanks for the kind words and link, man! TKH is actually on my contact list. I love his use of cheese slopes for the eyes.

His head reminds me of Jim Halpert from the office :laugh: Great MOC and I can't wait for Chewie! :thumbup:

AWESOME 'MOOD', he totally looks like a rouge and a scoundrel doesn't he ? :laugh:

Keep the AWESOMEness coming 'MOOD'.....Chibi-Brick On ! :grin:

It's a bit creepy... But, it's still cool that you've built one! The gun is spot on.

His head reminds me of Jim Halpert from the office :laugh: Great MOC and I can't wait for Chewie! :thumbup:

HAHA! Totally!

I was thinking the same thing. :tongue:

As others have said, the head scares me, but the rest is great. :classic: