Sign in to follow this  
Dr Leg O Brick

What your most wanted Pirate theme ship?

Before I start, MODs please lock this if theres another topic like it. Also, if theres not, could you add a poll please. Basicaly, out of all the offical pirate ship sets from all four themes so far, (the classics, the 4plus line, the 09-10 line, POTC) whats the one you want the most and why? Is it the figures, the ship itself, the play features, the cannons, the working rudder? I'll get the ball rolling and say the QAR. At the moment, I don't have the money to buy a SES and already have the BSB and 2010 IF, and the QAR is most likely to phase out soon after the reductions on it in the UK. The Mini- figs and the wonderful dark red sails also put it at the top of my list. So thats it from me, but whats yours?

EDIT: Sorry about the title, damn useless phone.

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

There is a similar tread already (link) but that doesn't cover all the ships.

EDIT: almost forgot, I really want a Black Seas Barracuda, I've always wanted that ship and I still don't have it. I do have two Skull's Eye Schooners, it seems they are easier to get at a decent price :pir-classic:

Edited by Sebeus I

Mine has to be the 10210 Imperial Flagship. :pir-cry_happy: Purely because I want to something to fight my Black Pearl and Queen's Anne Revenge! (I know they can fight each other, but its not the same!) Plus I also want some more Imperials for my fort.

Skulls Eye Schooner. My six-gun BSB has defected to the Imperial Guards, and it needs some Pirate cannon fodder! :devil: The others are too small (CBC and RR), wacky (RBR), or . . . the BB. :pir-sick:

Although actually, the Renegade Runner looks pretty much how I would imagine a System Pirate ship would look (albeit with some ugly stuff like the blue keel and dragon figurehead), and it's colors fit the Rock Island Refuge, so I kinda like it too.

The Caribbean Clipper is another set that I want, I think with a bit of modding that set would look fantastic. The sails and figurehead are already beautiful, the stern just needs a bit of work like adding windows on the sides and door in front.

Edited by Skipper

There is a similar tread already (link) but that doesn't cover all the ships.

EDIT: almost forgot, I really want a Black Seas Barracuda, I've always wanted that ship and I still don't have it. I do have two Skull's Eye Schooners, it seems they are easier to get at a decent price :pir-classic:

Funny, in England on ebay I cann't find a SES under £200, but after months of waiting and three pirate joblots later Ive got 99% complete BSB missing one sail for about £40 pounds :pir_wacko: . Ive added some new parts as well, but the only parts that where missing where the three detail pieces above the windows and on the back of the ship, some of the curved pieces on front, the afore mentioned sail, two cannons, some of the bits on back but all in all for the price shes still a mighty fine ship. For the price to me its a bargin. :pir-sweet:

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Sadly, I have yet to own any of the pirate ships... so I pretty much want them all! :pir-tongue:

Number one on my list is definately the 2010 Imperial Flagship though, followed by Queen Anne's Revenge. The Black Pearl and Brickbeard's Bounty are both high on my list as well, and if things turn out as I hope I'll be getting the latter within a few days.

I want the Caribbean Clipper or the new Imperial Flagship. They both look soo nice.

Funny, in England on ebay I cann't find a SES under £200, but after months of waiting and three pirate joblots later Ive got 99% complete BSB missing one sail for about £40 pounds :pir_wacko: . Ive added some new parts as well, but the only parts that where missing where the three detail pieces above the windows and on the back of the ship, some of the curved pieces on front, the afore mentioned sail, two cannons, some of the bits on back but all in all for the price shes still a mighty fine ship. For the price to me its a bargin. :pir-sweet:

Then I was probably just very lucky, I got my first SES for €100 (complete and with the original box) and the second one for €90 (98% complete and along with a Renegade Runner).

I did have the chance to buy a BSB for €150 but you see, when I have to choose between a SES for 100 and BSB for 150 it's simple :jollyroger:

My most wanted Pirate ship? Sebeus I's Flying Dutchman! :laugh:

:pir_laugh2:

As a kid I always wanted the Skull's eye, but it's high prince meant the most my mother would spring for was a renegade runner. In hindsight I'd still very much like a schooner, though I find myself warming up to the barracuda now as well. Given the high prices of the schooner in the states, I see myself likely waiting for a complete 2k2 barracuda when I see one for a decent price. I saw one go just the other week for $91 on ebay, but just didn't have the cash at the time. =(

Without doubt the Skulls Eye Schooner. I already own the Imperial Flagship (new version), BSB, QAR and Black Pearl. Of the remaining large lego ships I also think the SES is conformably the best, certainly a lot better than Brickbeards Bounty or the Red Beard runner. Unfortunately the price it fetches on ebay/ bricklink casts doubt on whether I'll ever be able to afford it. Used copies can fetch between £150-200. Put quite simply I'd rather spend that money on new sets rather than a used SES.

I'd also like to get hold of the old Imperial Flagship (6271). I have a certain affinity for the red coats and although its a small ship, I've always quite liked it. At least that one is more affordable.

I'd like both the SES and the BSB. Already have the BP, QAR and the 2010 IF so would compliment all those nicely.

I always wanted Skull's Eye Schooner. I don't know how I don't have it since we were buying every other Pirate set at that time when it was available. I considered bricklinking the pieces and rebuilding it, then part of me wanted to mod it a bit if I was going to do that, then I just never got around to it. I have all the other main ships, but the SES slipped through.

I want a Skull's Eye Schooner. I already have an Imperial Flagship and a Black Sea Barrucuda, so I must have the Schooner!

Edited by Lightning Dragon

I really want the two Imperial ships, but with a bad corn crop, I don't think I'll be getting them any time soon. :pir-cry_sad:

why dont u guys just buy on bricklink part by part in new/very good quality your beloved wanted ships? u will pay more than 100 or 150 dollars/euro. but in advantage u dont have to pay the full amount at once and u can be sure of the good quality of the bricks, buying on ebay in general i would not recommend.

^I was ripped of on Bricklink once, and all thought there are 100's of good Bricklink sellers that I would trust, I cann't bring myself to use it again. Plus, if you wait on ebay for a bit, you can sometimes get a good bargin (and I don't have £100 spare at the moment anyway).

I really want a Black Pearl to go with my Queen Anne's Revenge, because I'm looking for something still available and affordable, not to mention a good ship overall with some fantastic pieces and figures. I really like the figurehead as well, and the whole gothic look it's got about it.

Outside of reality, I wouldn't mind having a Caribbean Clipper or Imperial Flagship (2010).

^I was ripped of on Bricklink once, and all thought there are 100's of good Bricklink sellers that I would trust, I cann't bring myself to use it again. Plus, if you wait on ebay for a bit, you can sometimes get a good bargin (and I don't have £100 spare at the moment anyway).

And you feel that ebay sellers are more trustworthy than Bricklink sellers? For whatever reason, if I may ask? :pir-look:

It happen's I'm afraid but I wouldn't let one bad experience put you off. The overwhelming majority of sellers on bricklink are honest and knowledgeable about the product they are selling. I find ebay to be a bit of a lottery. I've scored some great deals but also some disappointments with used sets not accurately described.

@Hive and Brinstar, Ive bought 47 items from ebay and have only been ripped of once. That one time was was when I bought an old large 1997 UFO set with the original box, 100% complete BIN £15. I thought even for the parts it was worth it. Turns out it was missing 7 pieces and one Mini-Fig (that I already had so it was of no big concern). I know that 99.9% of people on Bricklink are trust worthy, but I just prefer ebay because I am more likely to get a bargin there.

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

I had the BSB when I was younger but later destroyed it and lost some parts. I did get another one when the Legend came out, so I'm happy again. I still want SES as it was such a cool ship to me when I was younger.