Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur 2.0: Day Four

Oooh, I got a title :blush:

Magic tree stump gave you that on day one. Way to be observant. :hmpf:

It's not a whole Burbank thing, it's a whole you thing. Your alter ego may have gotten tied up with Burbank, but you got yourself further muddied when you 180'ed on him and decided to press an attack. You're right to be worried about the target you painted on your own back (I am impressed with your ability to do so--I'm not barely flexible enough to even scratch my own back!). You are, however, digging yourself an awfully deep hole today. Putting aside the "one side more than the other" bit, is that even an issue? Are you keeping information from one or both sides?

Oooh, I got a title :blush:

Yes. As everyone suspected. I am neutral. And I have my own win conditions. The town can't lynch me, I'll tell the scum all my info. But the scum can't kill me, as they need to know the power roles. So as long as no one votes me, no one's secrets are told. If any one wants a deal, I'm open. :wink:

*huh*

I just pooped a shitload of magic mushrooms.

The town can't lynch me, I'll tell the scum all my info.

Magic stump is not allowed to affect the game but can't help but ask for clarification. It's easier to poop mushrooms when I'm not confused. Are you saying that

A. the Town can't lynch you because your role is that you would live even if you got the majority of the votes or

B. If the Town tries to lynch you, you'll tell the Scum everything you know about who the Town Power Roles are? In essence, threatening them? (I'd say us, but I'm pretty sure Magic Clarifying Stump is a neutral character.)

Yes. As everyone suspected. I am neutral. And I have my own win conditions. The town can't lynch me, I'll tell the scum all my info. But the scum can't kill me, as they need to know the power roles. So as long as no one votes me, no one's secrets are told. If any one wants a deal, I'm open. :wink:

I've heard better roleclaims, especially back in my days with the FBI. :hmpf:

I'd suggest you give up this nonsense and start helping us right now, or we'll disprove this faster than you can say "magical poopy mushrooms."

(I'd say us, but I'm pretty sure Magic Clarifying Stump is a neutral character.)

megablocking neutrals, nothing but trouble, just like I said. :hmpf_bad:

:laugh:

faster than you can say "magical poopy mushrooms."

I can do better than saying it. :sadnew:

I've heard better roleclaims, especially back in my days with the FBI. :hmpf:

I'd suggest you give up this nonsense and start helping us right now, or we'll disprove this faster than you can say "magical poopy mushrooms."

:hmpf: FBI. You're a space ship worker. I don't really see a point in helping you. You can't help me and my win condition. Look, how about the entire game makes a deal? Let's start with my win, I need to get night killed. I can pass on my assassin power role to any person. (Particularly the ones who help me :wink: ) So, if scummy boys kill me, I can give their killer my role, allowing them to kill 2 people in 1 night. But, for the town's present, their Power Roles are kept secret. I win, and the rest of you can play your little game. Everyone but one side is happy. :sweet: Or we could always switch, the town gets to keep killing, since I was the Serial Killer. But the scum get the remaining Power Roles. Just no one lynch me, I got that unknown allegiance, remember? I can help ANY side. :classic::thumbup:

I'm a little wary of Chief Security Officer Lieutenant George Harper, for one. I know that he was certain that Pewter was town at the time that he led the vote against him. Since that was before Pewter's weird "I'm scum" gambit, it's hard to justify. That point has been nagging at me ever since. Even by your standards, he's both inactive and not helpful to the point of detrimental, yet he isn't mentioned as suspicious. That's the interesting part.

If you had bothered to take part in the discussion yesterday you would have seen that I was anything but inactive. Yes I did believe that Burbank was scum, as did a majority of us, so I suppose you could call that detrimental. But no more detrimental than those who agreed with and helped to analyse the theory.

I'm not telling one side more than the other.

Very interesting sentence this one. Care to elaborate?

Just no one lynch me, I got that unknown allegiance, remember? I can help ANY side. :classic::thumbup:

Not once you're gone, you only want to help yourself, and you haven't earned it.

I know where my vote is going today.

:hmpf: FBI. You're a space ship worker. I don't really see a point in helping you. You can't help me and my win condition. Look, how about the entire game makes a deal? Let's start with my win, I need to get night killed. I can pass on my assassin power role to any person. (Particularly the ones who help me :wink: ) So, if scummy boys kill me, I can give their killer my role, allowing them to kill 2 people in 1 night. But, for the town's present, their Power Roles are kept secret. I win, and the rest of you can play your little game. Everyone but one side is happy. :sweet: Or we could always switch, the town gets to keep killing, since I was the Serial Killer. But the scum get the remaining Power Roles. Just no one lynch me, I got that unknown allegiance, remember? I can help ANY side. :classic::thumbup:

Um, wow, ok. Thanks for that.

So, I think it's clear that we have to vote out the crazy one there. We cannot afford to let the scum kill twice in one night, or we will have lost this ship before we have a chance to defend it. I for one would much rather take a risk and get our power roles out in the open so they can perhaps help us, instead of practically giving ourselves to the scum. Remember that the scum can only kill once per night, and we likely have a town protector.

That, and we have only had three night phases so far, so I highly doubt that, on the balance of probability, Ensign York has actually found three power roles in that space of time. I would be willing to bet he is bluffing.

I dislike that he is attempting to give the scum an advantage either way, so in my opinion we vote him out and he loses any chance of redemption in the afterlife. If he wanted to help the town, he would have told the vigilante to kill him when he discovered who the vig is. Since he did not do so, I say he is bluffing and doesn't have a clue what he is doing. He has dug himself a hole, time to cover him over I say. :thumbup:

Very interesting sentence this one. Care to elaborate?

As in the post above me. I'm going to win, but be fair to both sides. The deal was the scum get an extra kill tonight, but the town's power roles are kept secret. Now if the town goes lynching me, I'll release the Pr's anyway, since they will break my deal.

Again, the key word here is FAIR. :classic:

Just saw Shadow's post. I'll send the power roles to a trusted towny, and he'll confirm.

As in the post above me. I'm going to win, but be fair to both sides. The deal was the scum get an extra kill tonight, but the town's power roles are kept secret. Now if the town goes lynching me, I'll release the Pr's anyway, since they will break my deal.

Again, the key word here is FAIR. :classic:

Yeah, we're lynching you, sorry chump. No chance I am letting the scum get an extra kill on the promise that you won't tell them the three roles you supposedly found, which could very easily be a fabrication. Don't try to mess with us little Ensign, you haven't a chance here.

And I'm the vig! I already gave everyone that one. :hmpf:

OH! Now it all makes sense! Neutral vigilante who knows who the scum are but doesn't kill any of them and will grant one side or the other the ability to kill.

Now you're just making yourself look like an idiot. Start packing, babe.

OH! Now it all makes sense! Neutral vigilante who knows who the scum are but doesn't kill any of them and will grant one side or the other the ability to kill.

Now you're just making yourself look like an idiot. Start packing, babe.

When did I say who the scum were? :hmpf::wacko: I'm not going to give my ability to just anyone, I need to guarantee my night kill.

And I'm the vig! I already gave everyone that one. :hmpf:

Right, and since you clearly aren't on the town side, the best choice for the town at this point is to kill you, which prevents the death of one townie each night. This is pretty lucky really, thanks for trying and failing to manipulate us. :sweet:

Right, and since you clearly aren't on the town side, the best choice for the town at this point is to kill you, which prevents the death of one townie each night. This is pretty lucky really, thanks for trying and failing to manipulate us. :sweet:

Manipulate you? How on earth am I manipulating you? It's a fair deal. You want to switch? I said that. I give my kill power to a townie, and release the PR's. Any way works.

Manipulate you? How on earth am I manipulating you? It's a fair deal. You want to switch? I said that. I give my kill power to a townie, and release the PR's. Any way works.

Except you can't give your kill power to a townie, as you must be night killed. Night killing you means the scum must do it. They will only night kill you if you promise to give them the night kill action (assuming you can choose). So either way, it makes better sense to kill you. This offers the town minimum risk and assures us of one less kill every night that would be to our detriment.

Seems to me the choice for today is obvious. How long till lunch is served? I am starving.

Except you can't give your kill power to a townie, as you must be night killed. Night killing you means the scum must do it. They will only night kill you if you promise to give them the night kill action (assuming you can choose). So either way, it makes better sense to kill you. This offers the town minimum risk and assures us of one less kill every night that would be to our detriment.

Seems to me the choice for today is obvious. How long till lunch is served? I am starving.

Yes, I can. Except it's against the rules of the game the laws of physics to quote my power. Vigs night kill. They are town alligned. I don't see the problem. :sceptic:

But anyways, fine. EVERYONE! The Vig is me, obviously, and the cop and watcher will be revealed right before I get lynched.

Yes, I can. Except it's against the rules of the game the laws of physics to quote my power. Vigs night kill. They are town alligned. I don't see the problem. :sceptic:

But anyways, fine. EVERYONE! The Vig is me, obviously, and the cop and watcher will be revealed right before I get lynched.

You really are this stupid, aren't you? You want us to believe that you must be night killed to pass the power on to the town, yet you also claim to be the vig. How exactly would we accomplish this task, assuming you can't just commit suicide (which you kind of did anyway).

To take it a step further, if you would lie about something like this, which you clearly are, why would anyone believe that you were actually able to reveal any role? Even the scum can see through this nonsense.

I repeat... neutrals. :hmpf:

That, and we have only had three night phases so far, so I highly doubt that, on the balance of probability, Ensign York has actually found three power roles in that space of time. I would be willing to bet he is bluffing.

I agree with this sentiment. At most, out of 23 people, he (or rather Wright found, having been the neutral role cop) found 3 out of 3 power roles or even 2 out of 3 power roles in the past 3 nights.

What? The vigilante is a town specific role. Do not call yourself the vigilante if you have previously called yourself a neutral. Furthermore, if you are this assassin/serial killer neutral, then why kill your buddy Wright? You have called yourself multiple things and they are not adding up.

You have called yourself multiple things and they are not adding up.

I think he might been at the loony gas now that out chief medical officer is dead. He is doing the crazy things, and thinking the crazy things. :oh:

You really are this stupid, aren't you? You want us to believe that you must be night killed to pass the power on to the town, yet you also claim to be the vig. How exactly would we accomplish this task, assuming you can't just commit suicide (which you kind of did anyway).

To take it a step further, if you would lie about something like this, which you clearly are, why would anyone believe that you were actually able to reveal any role? Even the scum can see through this nonsense.

No. I give my power to whoever before I die. :hmpf: I can't commit suicide. (I would've done so already to WIN) Duh! :sceptic:

I agree with this sentiment. At most, out of 23 people, he (or rather Wright found, having been the neutral role cop) found 3 out of 3 power roles or even 2 out of 3 power roles in the past 3 nights.

What? The vigilante is a town specific role. Do not call yourself the vigilante if you have previously called yourself a neutral. Furthermore, if you are this assassin/serial killer neutral, then why kill your buddy Wright? You have called yourself multiple things and they are not adding up.

You want me to say? How about everyone votes a specific townie that we can trust, I'll send them the PR's, and they come back and confirm?

I meant that everyone thought I was the vigilante, it's kind of a phrase that sticks. Jeez, my bad. :hmpf: No one really wants a deal? I have to tell the truth, no one kills me until I give my power.