brickcitydepot

Modular Madness: London Row Houses - CR#3

indexed.gif B-RM-08D

This is my entry in to the modular madness contest. It is City Residential Pack #3 - London Row Houses.

These were modeled after real houses in Notting Hill, London which can be seen here, here and here.

The colors of those houses just said "Lego" to me and I had to make them. I was able to track down several pictures of the houses after discovering it on google images. I was also able to find the location so I could use google maps to see it from different views. I have instructions available on my site brickcitydepot.com

7587714384_209149093a_z.jpg

Lego Modular Building - City Residential Pack #3 - 1 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7587713838_c34c78a676_z.jpg

Lego Modular Building - City Residential Pack #3 - 3 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7587714092_fb9fa332a7_z.jpg

Lego Modular Building - City Residential Pack #3 - 4 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

7587714596_0f7935544a_z.jpg

Lego Modular Building - City Residential Pack #3 - 2 by BrickCityDepot, on Flickr

Cool exteriors 'brickcitydepot', all those great design I must vote on when the time comes ! :laugh:

Beautiful designing.....I wish you good luck and Brick On ! :classic:

That's really nice! I like that the backside of the house look so different to the front. Nice with the little garden.

This is my entry in to the modular madness contest. It is City Residential Pack #3 - London Row Houses.

These were modeled after real houses in Notting Hill, London which can be seen here, here and here.

Very nicely done. I used to live in a very similar (but white) house in Kensington.

I realy don't know how you do it. I like the Amsterdam and American house you've made and now an London one. I realy has the feeling of those towns. I live in Amsterdam myself and can realy see those houses in my hometown and am familiar with the others to. If i had the money i would buy all your buildings and incorporate them in my town, but allas... Money to short to mension. Love this entry and wish you luck. :thumbup::wub:*oh2*

Although red and blue in LEGO are not the best colour choice for buildings, your London row houses look great, specially with the contrasting details in white. :thumbup: Well done and good luck in the contest!

Excellent houses! I especially like the white fender pieces that put curves in the stripe :thumbup:

The way you split the blue/red balcony and gates is cool too, very nice design :classic:

I like these! Row houses are always interesting to me. I think I would have made the front gate/fence a different color from the house for more contrast, but all of the details and white trim work very well!

Excelent modular! A bit of interior detailing would look good, but I love how you split the colors! :wink:

I like the design but not the colours, I would have to swap to a tan or gray.

Great stuff as always from you! My only niggle is that I'm not too sure how they'll fit with the official modulars. Have you tried?

These look great. I would love to see a whole row of these in all different colors. I bet it would look amazing. :classic:

Great entry, and good luck in the contest. :wink::thumbup:

I think you have done a very good job with these buildings and the colours used are not too unrealistic which I find can be the case when using red and blue. I have a problem with too many primary colour bricks and not enough earth tones which lead to garish looking buildings. Your design has avoided this problem. I would though, as another post mentioned, change the colour of the front gate to maybe just white, otherwise my compliments.

Thanks for the comments guys. The front gate is red and blue just like the real house. Check out the third link (google street view). You can see all the houses have matching color gates. It's part of the look.

I saw these today at BrickFair 2012 and the work is very nice. The colors really popped in person and the photos do not do them justice. Great Work!