Sign in to follow this  
Dapper-D2

Astromech Workplace Contest: R2-P2

R2-P2 washes his master’s 57’ Chevrospeeder.

Picture002-6.jpg

Picture005-6.jpg

After all his hard work the classic speeder is spotless.

Picture014-5.jpg

And for his efforts this is how his owner transports him.

Picture013-3.jpg

Poor little P2!

When I made this speeder I was thinking about the classic 57’ Chevy. When I was in my early 20’s my uncle Kenny restored one, as he did many cars. I recalled the stunning yet gorgeous color combo on the car being red and white. It was beautiful! I made the speeder big and fat for that classic car look. This allowed me to put in some more details which was really my goal. Having that room to experiment and make the build anyway I wanted made this a really fun build.

Thanks for looking!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Edited by Dapper-D2

Very clever! :laugh:

It's nice to see an entry with such a different idea. Nice work. :classic:

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! :blush:

This is quite the entry! First off, the brick-built astromech is outstanding. Some great SNOT there. Second, I love all the water. The bucket's water looks good, the stream looks great, and the impact looks even better! And last but not least, the "Chevrospeeder" is fantastic. Love it. Good luck with the contest.

Nice Astromech man, you sure have taken these a far way since the first rendition. The new head design is awesome and yellow seems a nice original touch.

I also like your idea of R2 doing his home duties of cleaning his masters speeder. An astromechs work is never done :laugh: .

Good luck in the comp. :thumbup:

This is quite the entry! First off, the brick-built astromech is outstanding. Some great SNOT there. Second, I love all the water. The bucket's water looks good, the stream looks great, and the impact looks even better! And last but not least, the "Chevrospeeder" is fantastic. Love it. Good luck with the contest.

Thanks for your complements! I wasn’t sure if I pulled off the water effect or not, so your approval is reassuring. Thanks again!

This looks like a really good entry! I like the detailing on the speeder, and the brick built astromech is superb! Good luck! :classic:

Thanks! I’m glad you like the details on the speeder! It was my favorite part of the build, especially working on the interior and thinking about that old 57. I just wish I had a silver foot shaped Lego for the gas pedal.

Nice Astromech man, you sure have taken these a far way since the first rendition. The new head design is awesome and yellow seems a nice original touch.

I also like your idea of R2 doing his home duties of cleaning his masters speeder. An astromechs work is never done :laugh: .

Good luck in the comp. :thumbup:

Thanks Woka! That means a lot coming from you! I actually wasn’t sure if this qualified until I saw your NICE entry! When they said brick built droid in the rules, I thought they meant minifig size brick built.

Good Luck to you as well as everyone in the contest! There are a lot of nice entries out there so far!

Hello , escusez me for any mistakes in English, because I'm French and I do not often post messages at this time because I built my moc for the astromech workplace contest !

Otherwise how did you make the piece windshield of the chevrospeeder :classic: ?

Edited by Fan of Lego

Hello , escusez me for any mistakes in English, because I'm French and I do not often post messages at this time because I built my moc for the astromech workplace contest !

Otherwise how did you make the piece windshield of the chevrospeeder :classic: ?

J'ai eu le pare-brise dans un ensemble Buzz Lightyear. Sinon, je pense qu'il est également disponible dans certains des ensembles de Conquest exotiques.

That's a really nice brick-built astromech Dapper D2 :thumbup: and the speeder is pretty cool too!

Dude! How did I miss this? I absolutely love the idea OF A "classic car" style landspeeder. That shot of the droid washing the speeder is priceless! :laugh: