Selander

MOC: Klossboda Railway Station

This is my latest MOC - a railway station built in typical swedish small town style.

Klossboda is a fictional name but is sounds Swedish and could mean approximately: "stock of bricks".

Main building measures 16x36studs and features DkTan brick walls, a DkOrange "clay tile" roof and a full interiour under a removable roof (2nd floor). Cargo area with a smaller Sandblue "wooden" house.

As always it nice to get your comments, if any :classic:

7568731322_60a0eee017_z_d.jpg

7568731540_46a6ac59a7_z_d.jpg

7568730898_4917c2c5bb_z_d.jpg

7568730682_c2f1770ea8_z_d.jpg

7568731094_f1e3287bb4_d.jpg

7568731780_168dd5ed7a_z_d.jpg

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.. I Esp like the train station floor the garbage cans and the wooden benches! very creative..Wouldnt mind having more pictures to check out! :classic:

Edited by LovinLegoSince97

Wow! That is phenomenal! :wub_drool:

More pictures, please!!

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma USA! :classic:

Dave

I particularly like the roof of the main building. Normally I tile everything and do not like studs, but on your building for the roof they do suit it and describing them as you have it makes perfect sence.

I also like the little goods shed that you have built. I am looking for inspiration for a small goods yard myself so buildings like this are very nice. I am not sure I have enough of those blue bricks though, but the colour is very good for that. (I may have to order some.)

Can i ask, does it link into a larger layout or is it just a stand alone diorama?

I love this! The masonry bricks work perfectly for this kind of building, and the tiled floor with round 1x1s in between looks great. There are several other details that stand out well, but my favourite part of the whole thing is the colour choices you've made. It's gorgeous! Dark tan, dark orange, sand blue... lovely.

I love this station! I think it's the first time I've seen the use of the brick bricks (for lack of a better name) to create a complete building. Great colors and the cargo shed is equally nice. :thumbup:

EDIT: I think this needs to be front-paged. Again, nice job Selander! :thumbup:

Very nice station! :thumbup:

I like all the detail, the colours you have used and the fact that the station has an interior.

This is inspiring, as I'm currently working on a train station.

Very nice train station.:sweet:

Could you share how you made the top part of the end wall's were it slopes in?

Very nice train station.:sweet:

Could you share how you made the top part of the end wall's were it slopes in?

Certainly: there are DkTan slope 45 deg (1x2) on top of DkTan bricks, and slope 33 (1x3) on top of SandBlue bricks. Each half of roof is held in place by multiple hinges.

Those "brick" bricks and the bricks with the indents on the sand blue shack go a long way to making what might be a boring facade interesting. I also really like the tiles floor in the station. Overall, there is a very quaint and peaceful vibe from this creation, at least to me.

Very nice work. :thumbup:

This is a fantastic train station. The fact that it's built mainly from the 'brick' brick makes it look simple, but it's actually far from being simple. It has a realistic look with the studed roof and the model altogether looks perfect. I should definitely check the Train Tech sub-forum more often.

It has a realistic look with the studed roof and the model altogether looks perfect.

The bricked wall looks very good. I've got some of theses here for the rebuild of the "Nordertor Flensburg" allready. I love these bricks. I will use them in my next castle moc.

I really like the use of plates for a "studded roof", first I thought...hmm studless will be more realistic for roofs, but no! with studs it looks more like a real one! :-)

Edited by gerkenz

I love this! Your creative usage of colors and textures really makes this stand out from the rest. The round tiles and brick-bricks put this over the top!

This is a very nice creation, well done. I love the smoothness of the platform.

Also Selander, that Shell tanker in your sig - is it moc? It looks wonderful.

Edited by Kaila