Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Yet another Super Star Destroyer Executor...

Thanks guys :)

@Bob - did you use all your money on your SSD?? :tongue:

BTW, I have just finished part 2 of my UCS ISD mod - Part 1 was the engine section, Part 2 is the command section - would any of you be interested in a post (in a new thread) about that? :classic:

I'm buying a new flat... so I'm a little short on money, especially for "toys"...

That's why I'm not building my SSD entirely, I'll do the uppercity when I'll have some money to spend (that mean after buying a lot of paint bucket, a kitchen, a new sofa, and so on :sweet: )

It's always nice to see great mods on great models! Go post your pics :wink:

Bob de Quatre, it speaks for itself that the nescessities of life have priority over a hobby, and trying to turn a new apartment into a place you can call home can be very exciting too. I do hope you find time soon to return to your building and designing though. I always enjoy seeing your creations, either digital or in the brick!

Mortesv, i'd love to see your mods if you're willing to share them!

Bob de Quatre, it speaks for itself that the nescessities of life have priority over a hobby, and trying to turn a new apartment into a place you can call home can be very exciting too. I do hope you find time soon to return to your building and designing though. I always enjoy seeing your creations, either digital or in the brick!

I'm still designing on LDD, but my actual project is a little hard to work on since my computer has some trouble handling more than 12 000 parts... And I'm already at 20 000 :look:

Brickbuilding the SSD showed me some flaws in my design... The tail bends so much that it break after a short time... I need to find a way to strengthen it.

So far I've build the feets, the internal structure, the starboard side with its greebs, the rear underside, and the platforms that will support the upper and under cities.

Arrrg, yellow, it's ruined :tongue:.

That's looking good :thumbup:.

One major MOC this is :classic:

Thanks all.

I'll make some more pics, that one is pretty crappy and you don't see anything.

The "rear belly" is almost finished since I got nearly all the needed pieces, but it still lacks the engines.

It's huge! Nice to see this project slowly taking shape. :sweet:

It's huge... too huge... I don't know what I'll do with it once it's completely build :classic:

Edited by Bob De Quatre

This is starting to look really promising Bob, keep up the good work :thumbup:

I've just built the official Lego version (again) and yours looks better already! Perhaps that's not totally fair, I just really hate the removable 'bridge'.....a totally pointless feature :hmpf_bad:

This is starting to look really promising Bob, keep up the good work :thumbup:

I've just built the official Lego version (again) and yours looks better already! Perhaps that's not totally fair, I just really hate the removable 'bridge'.....a totally pointless feature :hmpf_bad:

Thanks. I don't plan to add so playing features :sweet:

I spent some time building tonight and tried to take some pics... but it's too big :look:

To take the first pic I had to hold my cellphone against the ceiling :sweet:

The good news is that I attached the undercity, and as expected it corrects almost all the bending of the bow. The rear still need a support, I don't know how I'll correct that :sceptic:

20121030211205.jpg

20121030211453.jpg

Thanks. I don't plan to add so playing features :sweet:

What not even flick fire missiles :grin:.

This one looks amazing.

Do you plan to create instructions in the end?

All the best,

Thanks. I'll release instructions once I'm satisfied with the build, which could take some months. The building showed some flaws that I need to correct.

Great! I hope you'll overcome the problems. I should try LDD and see what I can do with it. I'll follow your developments. Thanks again,

Wouhou... guess who forgot to check the "Yes I want to join the Lego VIP program" checkbox?? :sweet:

Anyway, there was a free delivery at the Shop@Home last week end, so I ordered almost every parts that I need and are available on the Pick-a-Brick.

Now I only miss a few parts for the engines...

Excellent progress Bob!

Looks great, however the city should extend a bit further backwards. I see it will be a bit too much to take away a 12 x 3 wedges, but perhaps you should build some of the city on top of the hull plates.

Keep bricking! ;)

I haven't been on the site lately, but its cool to see your thread at the top of the list. Your ship is really coming together, can't wait to see the finished product!

Some closer shots.

Theses greebs use a lot of 4070 angular bricks, nearly 330 of them...

lddscreenshot11.png

Hi Bob,

I also have to say that your City built and especially your greeble look very good. It catches much more the layered plate feeling of the original film model compared to the 10221. The only point to improve would be, that in the moment the whole thing looks a bit vertical layered and it would perhaps better look horizontal layered, also turned by 90° somehow. Also I missed some of the links between buildings from the film model. What do you think?

One questions: Are some of your blocks are repeating elements or are these all unique?

I thought about replace the blocks of my 10221 by blocks inspired by your design. I think this could be a nice modification!

Keep up tyour awesome work!

I´m looking forward to your next update.

Kind Regards,

GeOrc

Edited by GeOrc

Excellent progress Bob!

Looks great, however the city should extend a bit further backwards. I see it will be a bit too much to take away a 12 x 3 wedges, but perhaps you should build some of the city on top of the hull plates.

Keep bricking! ;)

You already told me that :wink:

I won't be building the upper city before month, so I'll have time to think of a way to do that.

I haven't been on the site lately, but its cool to see your thread at the top of the list. Your ship is really coming together, can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks

Hi Bob,

I also have to say that your City built and especially your greeble look very good. It catches much more the layered plate feeling of the original film model compared to the 10221. The only point to improve would be, that in the moment the whole thing looks a bit vertical layered and it would perhaps better look horizontal layered, also turned by 90° somehow. Also I missed some of the links between buildings from the film model. What do you think?

One questions: Are some of your blocks are repeating elements or are these all unique?

I thought about replace the blocks of my 10221 by blocks inspired by your design. I think this could be a nice modification!

Keep up tyour awesome work!

I´m looking forward to your next update.

Kind Regards,

GeOrc

I might redo all the city, since I'm not so pleased with how it looks now. But as I've said, this will have to wait.

The blocks are almost all uniques. I've build four or five 12 studs long blocks, and built the city with them, changing part of them to avoid repeating patterns and to keep as close as possible to the model.

Here are the reference pics I've used.

I've received my bricklink order this morning, and I got 5 robot arms instead of 20 2x2 round bricks... :cry_sad:

*snip*

I've received my bricklink order this morning, and I got 5 robot arms instead of 20 2x2 round bricks... :cry_sad:

Yeah, autoquote!!

So I've sent an email to the Lego customer service, and I just got an answer, saying that they sent me the missing bricks :sweet:

I reworked the rear, lengthened the feets by 8 studs, and assembled one half of the hull (top and bottom) on the structure and one front engine to see how all comes together.

And it comes together with a lot of difficulties... I don't think it will be possible to attach all 4 hull panels. I need to think of another way to attach the top panels :sceptic:

8266229381_8ae271348b_c.jpg

2012-12-12 15.36.31.jpg par BobDeQuatre, sur Flickr