Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Yet another Super Star Destroyer Executor...

It should, but I use 12x3 wedges, so expanding the city 3 studs backward means removing a 12 studs long wedge.

I see. If you look closely at the film model you can see that the city actually begins to "grow" on top of the hull near the tail - it is just a little bit, but you could use it as an excuse to expand the city a few studs on top of the hull :wink:

Edited by mortesv

I see. If you look closely at the film model you can see that the city actually begins to "grow" on top of the hull near the tail - it is just a little bit, but you could use it as an excuse to expand the city a few studs on top of the hull :wink:

I've noticed that too... I'll give it a try...

The 4266 doesn't exist in light bluish gray, so I'm looking for a replacement. Otherwise all incoherent parts/colors have been replaced.

boitec.png:grin:

Now start the long wait before I can finally build it, although I'll get my old Legos in 2 weeks.

Ha ha ha:)))) good job, and 30+, talk about mature build:)

You will have enough material in your old lego to build it, or..bricklink genocide?

Ha ha ha:)))) good job, and 30+, talk about mature build:)

You will have enough material in your old lego to build it, or..bricklink genocide?

I've got a lot of legos... but most of them are black or red (thanks blacktron and M:tron), so I'll have to buy a lot of pieces from bricklink.

But first I need to get my old legos, sort them, and see what parts and how many I miss.

The second problem is space. In my current apartment it will be hard to fit that 160cm long SSD. Plus I got a mini-godzilla at home, my cat's favorite quote is "if it can be broken, it should be broken" :grin:

Smalls updates for the version 1.2:

- the engines bodies will now hold together :grin:

- modified the middle engines banks

- modified the area between the middle engines

- updated the feets (wanted to add some dark red as I love that color.... but finally used dark bluish gray)

lddscreenshot21.png

lddscreenshot22i.png

Brick count:

- Frame 1338 (includes greebs on the sides and part of the engine area)

- Hull 530

- Cities 2182

- Engines 404

- Feets 267 (optional, could be a lot less)

Total brick count: 4721

I've created a google spreadsheet to prepare my bricklink orders.

It lists all the parts, with a thumbnail, part id, color, amount, amount already possessed, amount needed.

Next are 4 columns to add the parts price for 4 bricklink store, and one column for lego PaB.

The last column calculate the total cost per part, using the cheaper store.

The problem is the stores... Anyone knows a good sellers in europe?

I've checked the appropriate thread and found a great store, but it didn't have all parts :sceptic:

In Europe, you got 1001bricks store, they often got a lot of parts (it's in France), also I'm working a lot in Germany.

As expected the cities's greebs will cost me an arm (more than half the totale price)... And it will be nearly impossible to build the SSD with an arm missing :sceptic:

Ah, you actually started building it for real? How exciting!!! I hope to see many in-progress pictures :sweet:

I wish all the luck in the world but it looks like you may not need it as it looks like its coming along very nicely.As for myself I went ahead and bought the UCS SSD waiting for it to arrive.

Great effort so far.

Edited by PCLegoboy79

20120810195951.jpg

20120810200100.jpg

Qui-Gon and Darth MAul are having a lighsaber duel on a 16x16 island under the SSD...

Vador is a huge fan of the M:Tron

20120810200114.jpg

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Everything looks great so far! :thumbup: :thumbup: Personally i'd buy the 10221 even if its to big for my collection! I could never attempt to make one myself. :sad:

It begins!!! :thumbup:

But it has already stopped :sweet:

Now I need to prepare bricklink orders...

Everything looks great so far! :thumbup: :thumbup: Personally i'd buy the 10221 even if its to big for my collection! I could never attempt to make one myself. :sad:

For the price of a 10221, you could buy the parts needed to build mine, as I plan to give the instructions. But I warn you, it's bigger than the 10221 :wink:

It pauses!!! *oh2*

Yes it paused.

It's my first time with bricklink (and even with paypal), so I'm looking for good sellers in EU.

I've got two, "Byggeklodsen parts" and "Bruno's Brick Depot", but there are still a few parts I can't find:

3297.png

4266.png (Got them in white or yellow, but lord vador insist for having them in grey)

4589.png

6081.png

6106.png

6222.png

41769.png

41770.png

44301.png

47397.png

47397.png

47398.png

54383.png

54384.png

I've ordered most of the parts for the UCS falcon from them too, plus Alpine bricks, 44 bricks, and Chromebricks.

In France, you have 1001bricks, with a huge selection of parts, too.

Really, take your time with the order, the prices can be really different from shop to shop.

I'm looking forward to see your progress Bob', good luck:)

4589.png

Have you tried searching for this piece both with and without the little rim below the stud? It might make a difference in availability.