CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Now remembering that they have stated the set will be inspired from the movie, I now believe that they will include the tumbler or BAT. It being inspired means it doesn't necessarily need to be true to the movie, but can let TLG do what they want. This means they could use the most iconic parts such as the Tumbler and BAT. Anyways, this discussion is driving me crazy and just makes me want to see the set even more. :cry_sad:

Delicious, delicious rumors

If you notice, the minifigure of Bane has no sleeves. Having watched it yesterday I noticed that there was only one scene where Bane had no sleeves.

http://www.collectiondx.com/files/Bane.jpg

The fight underground was the only scene to contain Bane with no sleeves if I am not mistaken. You can also see the glove on his hand with the picture below. Gordon was also present in that underground scene as well

Batman-and-Bane.jpg

The set could be a play set like the spiderman one rather than various vehicles which would be most unfortunate as they have so much potential for vehicles.

It could include play features associated with the movie.

Catwoman didn't have much of a role in this scene, perhaps this is why she has been omitted?

Gordon wasn't in that scene, also if you deconstuct Banes outfit, the torso is made as if hes weariung the brown shirt under the west, but the arms are obv not. and obv Gordon never wore that lego outfit, its not even his tdk swat outfit

Now remembering that they have stated the set will be inspired from the movie, I now believe that they will include the tumbler or BAT. It being inspired means it doesn't necessarily need to be true to the movie, but can let TLG do what they want. This means they could use the most iconic parts such as the Tumbler and BAT. Anyways, this discussion is driving me crazy and just makes me want to see the set even more. :cry_sad:

Phew Tauntaunwampa made too much sense for a second :tongue:

I think kids would prefer vehicles more than a bridge anyways..

Also I would love a UCS Tumbler or BAT :wub:

I still think we should get Catwoman. Maybe her hair is still in the design process, after all, they would probably make it so that you can take the goggles off her hair and have a double sided face with them on. It just wouldn't make sense to not have her.

More people are familiar with her than they are with the Commissioner. The guard and him would probably show up in AA. Last Batman wave, the guards were S.W.A.T. as well, which Gordon is wearing. After all, that wave was only a couple nicely sized sets.

I still think we should get Catwoman. Maybe her hair is still in the design process, after all, they would probably make it so that you can take the goggles off her hair and have a double sided face with them on. It just wouldn't make sense to not have her.

More people are familiar with her than they are with the Commissioner. The guard and him would probably show up in AA. Last Batman wave, the guards were S.W.A.T. as well, which Gordon is wearing. After all, that wave was only a couple nicely sized sets.

I'm not so sure we'll get Catwoman. You are right that she is better known than the Commissioner, but another Catwoman minifigure is available in a small set. It isn't movie based, but honestly, I don't think that kids would care. It's still Catwoman. :classic:

It is still possible that we'll get her of course, but personally, I think that if you could put the goggles on her hair it would most likely end up being thin and smooth in one part, like other headpieces for goggles, but more detailed in others and would just look strange without the goggles. :sceptic: I'd think that they'd be cheap (nothing wrong with that here, really), print the goggles, and reuse a hairpiece (Dumbledore's, maybe?).

A new mold would be great if done right though. :wub: I just don't think that she really needs it. At least not as much as characters like Magneto.

Edited by Superficial Username

Tauntaunwampa makes a good point. Not only does Bane only look like that in one scene, the set (supposedly) only contains 3 minifigures, we've seen with this line that 3 minifigs will usually fit a £20-£30 set. I think that it could just be the scene Tauntaun mentioned in a similar sized set as Doc Ock's Ambush.

Tauntaunwampa makes a good point. Not only does Bane only look like that in one scene, the set (supposedly) only contains 3 minifigures, we've seen with this line that 3 minifigs will usually fit a £20-£30 set. I think that it could just be the scene Tauntaun mentioned in a similar sized set as Doc Ock's Ambush.

Exactly my point. A $20/$30 set would appeal to both audiences with a reasonable seasoning of minifigures. The set itself would be minimal, only containing very obvious details that are seen in the film.

I did have another thought today, We didn't recognise which part of the film that this particular lego Bane came from which means that he could be considered the neutral version, which is why we see him in the teaser photos with this uniform on.

tdkr-bane-voice-07242012.jpgBane-jpg_181056.jpg

My point is that despite the connection that i said previously, the use of this costume of Bane in the teaser pictures created a neutral image of Bane which LEGO based the minifigure on. So with this neutrality, they could still be producing LEGO sets of the BAT and the Tumbler.

Why do they tease us? Lego are so cruel sometimes. :laugh:

I really hope i have made sense :look:

Edited by Tauntaunwampa

I think the other reason we are getting the jacketless Bane is quite simple really, it's the better choice. The coat he wears in much of the movie wouldn't accurately translate into Lego all that nicely without them having to make a trenchcoat style fabric piece (it reaches down his legs and has the popped collar look).

So they make him in his Vest. It's just as prevalent in the movie (taking into account those promo pics)and easier to pull off in Lego form.

That's my interpretation. As for Gordon, the body is nice, but I kinda wish they stuck with the movie look body wise. Easy enough MOD for us AFOl's tho, and that face print is just too awesome to complain about the figure.

I would love a DKR Catwoman tho. Not holding my breath but that would really be the cherry on top of the ice cream of awesomeness that the set's figures will be. :sweet:

I think the other reason we are getting the jacketless Bane is quite simple really, it's the better choice. The coat he wears in much of the movie wouldn't accurately translate into Lego all that nicely without them having to make a trenchcoat style fabric piece (it reaches down his legs and has the popped collar look).

So they make him in his Vest. It's just as prevalent in the movie (taking into account those promo pics)and easier to pull off in Lego form.

That's my interpretation. As for Gordon, the body is nice, but I kinda wish they stuck with the movie look body wise. Easy enough MOD for us AFOl's tho, and that face print is just too awesome to complain about the figure.

I would love a DKR Catwoman tho. Not holding my breath but that would really be the cherry on top of the ice cream of awesomeness that the set's figures will be. :sweet:

Thats most likely the same reason were getting Gordon in a SWAT jacket, because his trench coat wouldn't look right. I'm hoping he has a double sided face aswell. We could still be getting a Catwomen fig as many others have said they may not of had the new mold ready or she was still in concept and be released in a small set in the second wave of 2013. If I remember correctly we didn't see Two-face, Riddler, Harely Quinn and Loki at comic con last year. I'm still holding out for a Lucious Fox figure in a set maybe a Wayne enterprises set.

Lastly I'm glad that names head is printed as a mask would be too big and make him look strange. At least we can put a bike helmet on him :laugh:. The only thing I don't like I'd that it doesn't go round the whole head after seeing the Lobot in the planet sets I would have thought that Lego would have done this. Still there's always time for them to change it.

Edited by Sam892

If your trying to think of what scene the set could be based on, you have to remember that Gordon is in SWAT uniform. Now what scene was he in where he wore that? (If we are going by this same 'outfit' mentality.)

I'm just hoping that we get a hint of what they plan on releasing at the NYCC this October. That would make for a great teaser with Christmas right around the corner!

Has it been confirmed if Venom is the one from the Ultimate Spider-Man?

Not technically, but seeing as all the Spiderman sets so far have been for USM I think we can safely assume he is. :classic:

Yes it is confirmed. There is no other current source material to go off of besides comics I guess and they haven't really done too much with the comics yet. Also on the Spidey set we already got they have the Ultimate Spider-Man logo all over it so I would say thats enough confirmation for me :sweet:

Yes it is confirmed. There is no other current source material to go off of besides comics I guess and they haven't really done too much with the comics yet.

Ultmate-Spider-Man_Venom.jpg

That's source material right there from the show.

-Omi

*snip*

-Omi

That's one of his earlier forms, now he looks like this:

ultimate-spider-man-back-in-black-venom-621px.png

Which is pretty identical to his comic-book counterpart, so it's difficult to say, but I'd be inclined to think it's based off of the above :classic:

Im really hoping for a Green lantern or more members of the JLA as our exclusive. I mean it would make sense we already have prototype figures or near finished designs on Lego Batman 2. Plus Aquaman would fit right in. Anyone on the same thought as me?

Im really hoping for a Green lantern or more members of the JLA as our exclusive. I mean it would make sense we already have prototype figures or near finished designs on Lego Batman 2. Plus Aquaman would fit right in. Anyone on the same thought as me?

I've been thinking that too, since the cartoon has been on for a little bit. It would be neat to get the ship that he flies in it.

-Omi

That's what I was saying :wink: There is not other source material TLG can use besides USM and the comics, and they haven't used the comics much as of yet. Thanks for the picture though :thumbup: LEGO did a good job with him!

I apologize if this has been asked before, but why is the torso and legs of the DKR Batman figure grey and not black?

I wish venom had been made to be a little larger..his head seems too small to me..all well. At least we get my favorite villain! Does anyone know if venom is larger than spiderman in the tv show? Or is he roughly the same size?

I wish venom had been made to be a little larger..his head seems too small to me..all well. At least we get my favorite villain! Does anyone know if venom is larger than spiderman in the tv show? Or is he roughly the same size?

Not watching the show, I think they're about the same size, maybe Venom is a tad bigger. The Venom symbiote just covers a normal human's body (Or other organism :pir-wink:) so he should be the same size as Spidey.

:jollyroger:

He is much taller than Spider-Man. Here is a comparison shot...

http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Ultimate_Spider-Man_Animated_Series_Season_1_4_Screenshot.jpeg

I apologize if this has been asked before, but why is the torso and legs of the DKR Batman figure grey and not black?

That is probably because LEGO doesn't always follow the source material. :hmpf: It's really up to them to decide colors.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Image too large. Changed to link.

That is probably because LEGO doesn't always follow the source material. :hmpf: It's really up to them to decide colors.

Well, that sucks. What I don't understand is that they put the Superman figure (originally a Comic-Con exclusive) into the Superman Vs Power Armor Lex set, so why can't they release the Comic-Con Batman, too? It's much more accurate color-wise, since it's black.

Edited by nex