CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I don't think a helmet would work well at all. I think the printing looks amazing on the new Bane. If you look at a lot of figures, they just print on facial hair instead of having new beard molds all the time. Yes, I know The Hobbit is having a lot of new molds, but I'm sure some of them will just have printed beards also.

I would have loved more TDK/TDKR sets, but I'm glad we are getting this one. I have yet to see The Avengers or TDKR, but I plan to in the future.

What kind of message board would we be if we didn't have people who complained??? :)

Not everyone can be pleased, so there will always be complaints.

I'm in the boat that I'd rather get them made, even if I don't particularly love the look, then not have them made at all. I would have preferred a Nick Fury like we saw in the Avengers w/ his black on black look, but it we're getting him in a different outfit...but it's okay b/c we're still getting him. :)

What it boils down to in the end is that a TDKR set is better than no TDKR sets. There's no point whining about how they chose to do one minifigure, we don't even know what the actual set looks like yet! It could even be a masterpiece. :wink:

Th superheroes line looks like it has also sold extremely well. Most of the shops near me struggled to keep them in stock. Admittedly it's slowed down now that the Avengers hype has gone and that both waves came out very soon into the year. However they are still moving off the shelfs. Also not all star wars sets are guarenteed to sell just look at the Jedi shuttle and Bounty hunter gunship they had some good unique molds but they didn't shift a lot of numbers.

The last time I went into my local Tescos the only SH sets they had left were one Wolverine's Chopper Showdown and two Power Armour Lexs. A few weeks before that they were full up :tongue:

I don't understend why people are mad at the Bane minifig, in my opinion the fact that it is printed makes it a whole better since with a mask it would look really oversized

I just watched The Dark Night Rises (it was a week after than in the usa) and that was totally amazing. It's sad that Chris Nolan isn't going to make more Batman movies :cry_sad: I know that I'm young and I didn't brought up with older movies but these 3 were the best for me :3 Epic. Epic. Epic. I can imagine how the set will look like. If TLG had shown us all minifigures I think it will be

the final scene in the front of the "court" when policemen are going to fight with criminals. I WISH THEY WILL PRODUCE THAT AWESOME VEHICLE ;DD

But are they really going to give us only one set for next year?

I just watched The Dark Night Rises (it was a week after than in the usa) and that was totally amazing. It's sad that Chris Nolan isn't going to make more Batman movies :cry_sad: I know that I'm young and I didn't brought up with older movies but these 3 were the best for me :3 Epic. Epic. Epic. I can imagine how the set will look like. If TLG had shown us all minifigures I think it will be

the final scene in the front of the "court" when policemen are going to fight with criminals. I WISH THEY WILL PRODUCE THAT AWESOME VEHICLE ;DD

That's exactly what I was thinking,why would Lego only give us one set from TDKR movie,no I have not seen the movie but by judging by the trailers we could very well get Catwoman with the batpod,there is a lot of potential for more TDKR sets,especially with what you said in the spoiler tag.IMO there is something up Lego's sleeve that was not announced at Comic-Con,and to throw more into this what if they did a thing where the batpod could be combined with the tumbler to make the tumbler with the batpod launch action.

There might be more than one TDKR sets for all we know. There could be a second set as we haven't seen all the minifigures for the first wave, and there might even be a another one in the summer wave of superhero sets at this point no one knows.

There might be more than one TDKR sets for all we know. There could be a second set as we haven't seen all the minifigures for the first wave, and there might even be a another one in the summer wave of superhero sets at this point no one knows.

Very true. It could be like the Funhouse Escape, and be a exclusive that we don't know about until the official release. If we do get another set like that, I would love for it to be a TDKR set. :classic:

That's exactly what I was thinking,why would Lego only give us one set from TDKR movie,no I have not seen the movie but by judging by the trailers we could very well get Catwoman with the batpod,there is a lot of potential for more TDKR sets,especially with what you said in the spoiler tag.IMO there is something up Lego's sleeve that was not announced at Comic-Con,and to throw more into this what if they did a thing where the batpod could be combined with the tumbler to make the tumbler with the batpod launch action.

But Battumbler and this new "flying Tumbler" can't combine. Each vehicle is different. They can't transform or something. I wish they do :cry_happy:

But Battumbler and this new "flying Tumbler" can't combine. Each vehicle is different. They can't transform or something. I wish they do :cry_happy:

I think what he meant was the Bat-pod to have a function to come out of the Tumbler. Like in The Dark Knight.

Actually there are rumors they are going to rereboot the series with Chris Nolan as director :sweet: Although this is just a rumor.

Actually there are rumors they are going to rereboot the series with Chris Nolan as director :sweet: Although this is just a rumor.

I that that they were rebooting the series without Nolan. :sceptic:

Finally after a week and I see TDKR,it was worth the wait and know that I have seen it there is a lot of sets that could be produced

such as the part where Bane is being chased by Batman with the Batpod. Catwoman with the Batpod.Batman with The Bat and nuclear bomb. The heavy armored truck with Talia and Gordon in the back of the truck,and Bane's escape from the plane,but I think Nolan might produce movies about Robin after what happened at the end of the movie,but I'm not sure,

Edited by Zachattacx

I wonder if it is possible to have the tumbler launch the Batpod, maybe in a UCS version :cry_happy:

I would love a UCS Tumbler or B.A.T. I just hope we at least get one of those vehicles in TDKR set coming soon, but a UCS, that would be a dream come true. Maybe they would do a UCS later on or in another wave. :wub_drool:

Edited by The Blue Brick

I wonder if it is possible to have the tumbler launch the Batpod, maybe in a UCS version :cry_happy:

It could be possible, but I doubt the finished model would be very well received for a number of reasons: the entire front part of the model would likely be very fragile and if done properly, the mechanism to have the batpod fold up into the front of the vehicle would likely take up a lot space. One of both of the vehicles would probably also be incredily oversized, which is a shame.

Edited by Rocketbilly

If you notice, the minifigure of Bane has no sleeves. Having watched it yesterday I noticed that there was only one scene where Bane had no sleeves.

Bane.jpg

The fight underground was the only scene to contain Bane with no sleeves if I am not mistaken. You can also see the glove on his hand with the picture below. Gordon was also present in that underground scene as well

Batman-and-Bane.jpg

The set could be a play set like the spiderman one rather than various vehicles which would be most unfortunate as they have so much potential for vehicles.

It could include play features associated with the movie.

Catwoman didn't have much of a role in this scene, perhaps this is why she has been omitted?

If you notice, the minifigure of Bane has no sleeves. Having watched it yesterday I noticed that there was only one scene where Bane had no sleeves.

The fight underground was the only scene to contain Bane with no sleeves if I am not mistaken. You can also see the glove on his hand with the picture below. Gordon was also present in that underground scene as well

The set could be a play set like the spiderman one rather than various vehicles which would be most unfortunate as they have so much potential for vehicles.

Catwoman didn't have much of a role in this scene, perhaps this is why she has been omitted?

That is a very good point you made. That means if you are correct, we most likely won't be getting the tumbler or the BAT. That would be so devastating as I want both of those so bad.

Edited by The Blue Brick

Thank you :D.

It would be a real shame if they didn't do the BAT but you have to think about it in terms of LEGOs market. Kids wouldn't want a flying vehicle that looks like a beetle. If they haven't seen the movie, it just wouldn't make any sense to them. After all it isn't the classical superhero type movie, this is Nolan, Its heaps deeper than that. LEGO could of gone with the play set approach as it would be appealing to the younger audience as well as the older audience (by providing a TDKR set).

Depending on the sales of this set, there could be a slight possibility that there will be a wave 2 but this won't happen for AT LEAST another year or two.

i'm guessing that they could include some sort of chain for Bane to be lowered down by, exploding walls, control stations etc and most likely flick fire missiles however irrelevant.

I don't think that they will do a Tumbler, it didn't feature in the movie aside from the cameo ones and i doubt we will see them as much as i hate to admit it.

Again, I'm only guessing, I don't like to guess what the set will be without actual confirmation

For the sake of the risk of not having vehicles, can someone please prove me wrong :D

Edited by Tauntaunwampa

Batman-and-Bane.jpg

Gordon wasn't in that scene, was he? I thought it was just Selina (and maybe some henchmen) watching Bane beat the MegaBlocks out of Batman.

It seems like a good point you made, except for the reason I mentioned above, and the fact that it was stated that the set was simply inspired by the movie, not directly based off of it.

Nice catch, though! :classic:

That is a very good point you made. That means if you are correct, we most likely won't be getting the tumbler or the BAT. That would be so devastating as I want both of those so bad.

Well the camo Tumbler did fall through the ceiling at the end of this scene so if they are basing it off of this scene we might get a tumbler.

Gordon wasn't in that scene, was he? I thought it was just Selina (and maybe some henchmen) watching Bane beat the MegaBlocks out of Batman.

It seems like a good point you made, except for the reason I mentioned above, and the fact that it was stated that the set was simply inspired by the movie, not directly based off of it.

While he was not in that scene he was in that space at a different point in time. That's why i think that this set could be a playset rather than just vehicles because Gordon throws himself into the water and that could be a possible play feature. So yes, you are right :D

Super Goblin: That would make a massive set, which would include Wayne Enterprises R and D the tunnel itself and the Cameo Tumbler which would be too expensive to appeal to a younger audience.

Edited by Tauntaunwampa

Batman-and-Bane.jpg

Good eye there :classic: . Although I'm sure this scene would be a great and wonderful set, I'm hoping for a bit more. Afterall the Batman side of Superheroes has been vehicle VS vehicle apart from the Batcave. Even with the 2006 theme it didn't change to much. The only exceptions was the Batcave (2006 and 2012) and Arkham Aslyum (2007 and 2013?). I wouldn't think that LEGO would change it up too much after all location style sets lend themselves better with other themes (Ultimate Spider-man). These sets need to appeal to kids and AFOLs but sometimes one set is aimed at one more. The upcoming Spidey set is more Kid friendly than the Chopper showdown. So I think the TDKR set will be more adult and may contain less play features. I certainly hope it's a tumbler that can eject a Batpod and both are more minifig scale. However I could easily see this set becoming the second most expensive of the next wave.

Also I've been playing LEGO Batman 2 a lot recently and I have noticed that Bizzaro and Shazam are there comic con exculsive versions. These characters were included in the game well before they were given away. So this made me investigative, I looked at the new Batboat in the game and it looks very well done. Almost too well done it even has two cross rods in the back which look like they fire flick fires. This makes me wonder if we will get this Batboat with Aquaman, Penguin,Batman and MR Freeze.

Now remembering that they have stated the set will be inspired from the movie, I now believe that they will include the tumbler or BAT. It being inspired means it doesn't necessarily need to be true to the movie, but can let TLG do what they want. This means they could use the most iconic parts such as the Tumbler and BAT. Anyways, this discussion is driving me crazy and just makes me want to see the set even more. :cry_sad: