CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

here the two new Superman sets 76003 and 76009

Hmm. Looks interesting, I guess. The other two sets are smaller than expected, but then again most of the new lineup is.

I think I can kind of see why nobody was really able to specify anything apart from "vehicles" and "a pod"... :tongue:

Edited by Delta 38

Thanks for the clip!

Those armoured figures look pretty awesome, and the space ship and the pod looks decent enough, hopefully we'll get better pictures soon :classic:

That video also has some close ups of the minifigs for the IM3 sets.

The sets look good enough, I suppose. Need better images to decide which I'll get.

They look pretty bleak. Lovin' the figures though!

Edited by just2good

Gotta say, that's defiantly not what I was thinking when I heard Smallville attack (Er whatever). Regardless the ship looks cool, and I'll pick it up--though I'm not a big fan of the armor troops however that may change when I see the film.

Black Zero Escape looks good, but I wish they used the pieces on the ground thing for the ship itself to make it larger. It does look like Zod in that set has the same Armor he has on in the Smallville attack set though.

But overall, on first impressions, disappointing. Lego needs to kick the Superhero sets up a notch--especially when compared to lines like Lord of the Rings or Lone Ranger where these just look so lacking.

That ship looks great from here! Pity there is no closeup of Lois though...

From the shot we have, she looks good and very Amy Adams like. Whys Does Faora look like a dude, I know she has short hair in the film.

is it me or does the soilder's face look like James Badge Dale's?

The sets don't look too bad.

These seem to be pretty consistent with the quality of the other recent superhero releases, so I can't say I'm either really excited, or really disappointed. However, I see some awesome potential for MOS sets given some of the elements presented. (Army Jeeps? Completely awesome futuristic suits of armor?) I'm definitely up for grabbing these - multiples of some - and using them for my own interpretations.

Oddly, I find myself doing that more and more of late. I think my idea of the perfect LEGO set and what LEGO thinks they can actually sell, are two entirely different things. Thank God I can just rebuild everything to fit my own personal vision. :laugh:

Edited by Crownie

I like the look of the Kryptonian ship in Smallville and the warriors (except the colors being a little bland) but not much else. The "Black Zero" set is easily the worse $20 Super Heroes set yet. The pod is okay, but it is just a pod. I'll probably still get it for Lois, however, or just make a custom purist one.

Faora looks awful too, :sick: much worse than Black Widow whose problem, in my opinion, was too much effort on the face. Did they really have to reuse Lex's head? :hmpf_bad: It hardly looks effeminate at all. I am hoping that they got it mixed up with Tor-An's somehow and that a better one is under one of the helmets.

I don't think that is Faora's final face, remember back to last year when Bruce Wayne's head was put on Thor and Mutt Williams' head on Hawkeye. They reuse faces all the time, but a man's face on a woman is just weird.

I like the look of the Kryptonian ship in Smallville and the warriors (except the colors being a little bland) but not much else. The "Black Zero" set is easily the worse $20 Super Heroes set yet. The pod is okay, but it is just a pod. I'll probably still get it for Lois, however, or just make a custom purist one.

Faora looks awful too, :sick: much worse than Black Widow whose problem, in my opinion, was too much effort on the face. Did they really have to reuse Lex's head? :hmpf_bad: It hardly looks effeminate at all. I am hoping that they got it mixed up with Tor-An's somehow and that a better one is under one of the helmets.

http://filmcreature.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/FaoraLegs.jpg

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i477/batmanonfilmdotcom/Superman%20The%20Man%20of%20Steel%20Movie/Antje-Traue_ActionComics.jpg

Doing a quick Google, the hair piece is accurate. I can see why they reused the Lex head, but it does make her look very manish.

http://filmcreature....9/FaoraLegs.jpg

http://i1095.photobu...ctionComics.jpg

Doing a quick Google, the hair piece is accurate. I can see why they reused the Lex head, but it does make her look very manish.

I never said that I had a problem with the hair.

Edit: I am actually glad that LEGO is finally using it for women. I thought they would have some problem with it looking too masculine (not that I think it does). Faora seems to throw any worries of being too masculine for a woman out, however.

Edited by Superficial Username

I don't think that is Faora's final face, remember back to last year when Bruce Wayne's head was put on Thor and Mutt Williams' head on Hawkeye. They reuse faces all the time, but a man's face on a woman is just weird.

Yeah but those were the preliminary versions, these are the final versions. I bet that's why the sets were under the embargo at NY, becuase the figs are final and the didn't want anything spoiled

I never said that I had a problem with the hair.

I know, i just wanted others to see that her hair is accurate so others won't complain.

I think the sets all look great, thanks for the videos :classic:

(As I collect all superheroes sets except the ultra builds I'll have to get all of these, that's unlucky for my wallet)

Yeah but those were the preliminary versions, these are the final versions. I bet that's why the sets were under the embargo at NY, becuase the figs are final and the didn't want anything spoiled.

Oh, I did not know they were final. But if I didn't see the torso, I would have thought she was a dude.

Personally I think that these sets aren't great but enough for me to buy at least Metropolis Showdown and Black Zero. Smallville will be a purchase if I have the money lying around.

Usualy all lego aldies have "lipstick" and often eyelashes. I cant imagine that is the final face for her. If it is then thats real bad.

Mind you they used a MAN torso for her armored version, the real female head for her might be inside the helmet..

By the way, I think this is the frist time ever we see anything of the helmets/masks the bad guys wear. 3 new modls for the MOS line was unexcpected.. happy suprise!

Even the the coloring and molding of the armor pieces doesent seem right.. Shouldn't judge that till I see better pictures of the real thing in the movie (not other toys).

The space ship and the POD thing both looks good, tho i have nothing to comparea ccuracy with. It's a nice color scheme glad lego didnt make it all childish and colorfull!

Usualy all lego aldies have "lipstick" and often eyelashes. I cant imagine that is the final face for her. If it is then thats real bad.

Mind you they used a MAN torso for her armored version, the real female head for her might be inside the helmet..

What armoured version? The two armoured one in the Smallville set are Zod and Tor - An(dude with spike on one of the shoulder pads). The armored guy in 76009 is Zod.

Well the Lex face matches the actress' face to a point, but i hope it isn't the final.

What armoured version? The two armoured one in the Smallville set are Zod and Tor - An(dude with spike on one of the shoulder pads). The armored guy in 76009 is Zod.

Well the Lex face matches the actress' face to a point, but i hope it isn't the final.

The armor piece on the non-zod figure matches Faoras armor perfectly. And its displayed with the ship set she is in. Tor-An is not even confirmed for the movie or the lego sets. LEgo simply put a male torso on Faoras armor display.

If Tor-an is in the movie and the sets then he wasn't shows in germany.

The armor piece on the non-zod figure matches Faoras armor perfectly. And its displayed with the ship set she is in. Tor-An is not even confirmed for the movie or the lego sets. LEgo simply put a male torso on Faoras armor display.

If Tor-an is in the movie and the sets then he wasn't shows in germany.

That video is from the German toy fair. FBTB and Brickset confirmed that at the London toy fair, along with other sites who went their.

Tor-An is definatly in the movie, but no one was supposed to know that, Lego kinda spoiled that

And that armor on To-An looks nothing like Faora's.

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/ManofSteel_MovieMasters-Faora_mtvgeek1.jpg

And Lex's face match's the eyebrows and cheek bones of the chick that plays Faora.

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/antje-faora-man-of-steel.jpg

I'll only be picking up BZE,using the heat vision face on my extra comic Supes,using Zod as a comic Zod and using my extra WW head and some black hair to make a comic Lois,yeah I don't get movie sets.