CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I say rhino will probably end up getting his own mould :ugh:

He is one of the figures that need a large hulk-like mold, like the thing and abomination.

A few of my friends don't like the big Hulk. They only like minifig bodies. Even when I pointed out the LotR/Hobbit needed new molds for their trolls, they still didn't like it.

I am the opposite. I see the Marvel license, and to a lesser degree, DC, as a chance to make some really cool, new molds. I say the more new stuff, the better. Hulk is a little large, imo, but maybe he won't seem so big once there are some other large characters around.

A few of my friends don't like the big Hulk. They only like minifig bodies. Even when I pointed out the LotR/Hobbit needed new molds for their trolls, they still didn't like it.

I am the opposite. I see the Marvel license, and to a lesser degree, DC, as a chance to make some really cool, new molds. I say the more new stuff, the better. Hulk is a little large, imo, but maybe he won't seem so big once there are some other large characters around.

I don't particularly like the big molds. My main problem is just articulation, not being able to move the legs is kind of limiting.

I say rhino will probably end up getting his own mould :ugh:

I personally think he should. Certain characters easily become distorted and lose their distinctive appearance when, designed incorrectly.

The Hulk is a prime example of this. Sure he has limited leg movement but overall, the fig to me is a perfect balance between LEGO and the character. His head is shaped like a minifigure's and so are his feet to a certain extent.

Certain characters like Hulk, Juggernaunt, the Thing, Rhino, Thanos and many others need to be big figs. Whether that's like the Hulk or like Dogpound from TMNT, they lose what the character represents. Other characters get their unique features like Claws, Shields, Staffs, Webs,Tenticles and hammers. By not giving other characters the same fairness is not me a true injustice.

Hopefully only Six days till we get some pictures of the figures and their sets. I know we've seen two Ironmen suits, Warmachine and one MOS set but i need more!

^ I wanna know who the green guy is( though I already have ideas), the IM suit in the Extremis set, and if War Machine has his shoulder gun.

Though the minifigs might be prototypes, or not considering there haven't been final figs at London( don't know about Germany).

I do agree that certain large characters should have large figures, you name all mine except for Abomination.

I am also in the big mould corner, however I wish they improved articulation in the legs and head :sceptic:

I wonder if we will get a surprise set again this summer like we got with the Doc Ock Ambush set we got last year? I know we won't see pictures of it at New York, but it is definitely something that I am thinking (hoping) about :classic:

I am also in the big mould corner, however I wish they improved articulation in the legs and head :sceptic:

I wonder if we will get a surprise set again this summer like we got with the Doc Ock Ambush set we got last year? I know we won't see pictures of it at New York, but it is definitely something that I am thinking (hoping) about :classic:

True, its what i also want.

i hope for D2C X-Mansion( or Stark Tower/ Oscorp Tower). Lego Prof. Xavier MMMMMM!

True, its what i also want.

i hope for D2C X-Mansion( or Stark Tower/ Oscorp Tower). Lego Prof. Xavier MMMMMM!

I think a X- mansion is in the works, however I believe it will next years Direct set. Out of all the places in the Marvel universe the X-mansion, is the perfect choice.

Later this year I expect an extra summer set but I think it will, be based around one of two things. Either Thor the dark world, or the upcoming video game. Which ever one is picked I'm guessing that the other will come out in the winter wave.

I really hope TLG uses the new video game as a reason to make a whole bunch of new sets with some of the favorite characters! They kind of did it with LEGO Batman 2, but I hope they take it to another level with this game :thumbup:

I do agree that certain large characters should have large figures, you name all mine except for Abomination.

That's who I was forgetting. I knew their was someone I couldn't remember.

Also maybe Colossuss, I know he's not really huge but he is 7ft tall. Maybe not a big fig but at least a medium fig. Like dog pound or woody ( but a little bit more bulked out.

I'm personally hoping that if they ever do a Lego set with Galactus they simply use the clock scale minifigures minus the clock for him ;).

e560_lego_minifig_alarm_clocks_scale.jpg

(stormtrooper picture for scale)

Kind of ridiculous bug I think it would be awesome. Heck, it could work for sentinels too and they're supposedly in the oncoming movie.

Edited by BrickG

too bad if we get sentinels or Galactus they will be comic based.

And the both could be brick built mech or Hero Factory style.

Why is too bad if they are comic-based? It's preferable, imo.

I think the Sentinels would be cooler in the Hero Factory style, but I'd love a Galactus with that clock mould.

Edited by Repeter

Why is too bad if they are comic-based? It's preferable, imo.

I think the Sentinels would be cooler in the Hero Factory style, but I'd love a Galactus with that clock mould.

I meant that it's too bad that they won't be based on the movies. But would prefer the comic versions better.

Both would be cool being hero factory built like Sauron, sentinels arn't that large, but Galactus might work for the clock if they included the Fantasticar, the four(The Thing being a large mould, only good way to do him) and Silver Surfer.

Hopefully we'll see some Lego Sentinels next year now that they're confirmed to appear in X-Men: Days of Future Past. I know Lego don't have the license for the X-Men films but there's nothing stopping them from doing a comic version.

I'm personally hoping that if they ever do a Lego set with Galactus they simply use the clock scale minifigures minus the clock for him ;).

(stormtrooper picture for scale)

Kind of ridiculous bug I think it would be awesome. Heck, it could work for sentinels too and they're supposedly in the oncoming movie.

There are two issues with that. One, the clockfigs are not compatible with regular system at all. Two, they aren't produced by Lego themselves, but rather by another company. Now, could Lego create new molds at the same scale? Possibly, but they're unlikely to; such a fig design would be massively expensive and probably couldn't be used in anything else (since few themes have a need for characters quite as big as Galactus). If there were ever a Galactus model in sets, I'd expect it to be either Hero Factory-based (less desirable due to the Hero Factory system sharing little in common with the minifigure, but possible since they're doing it with Chima) or largely brick-built (somewhat like the UCS Minifig from a decade ago, but possibly with some new molds for, say, the head, so as to allow for a minifigure-esque face).

Ok, then how about what ever company made that clock, makes one of Galactus? I'll figure out something for covering up the actual clock. I wants it!!!

Edited by Repeter

I'd rather have a brick built Galactus. I think he's just to big for anything else

That is accurate as long as the make him as tall as the Bugle set, the it would be minifig accurate to his size.

I meant that it's too bad that they won't be based on the movies. But would prefer the comic versions better.

A cloud of smoke and a severed robot head is exactly what I would want them to make.

Since that was the movie incarnations of Galactus and a Sentinal.

-Omi

A cloud of smoke and a severed robot head is exactly what I would want them to make.

-Omi

Ah yes, the lovely cloud of smoke that is Galactus :sick: What a horribly disappointing incarnation.

I really hope that there is a D2C set this summer involving the Fantastic Four. They just seem like they would fit perfectly with LEGO. Even if it was just one set with the Fantasticar, the original 4 team members, and maybe H.E.R.B.I.E. I would be extremely happy.

-Omi

There's a new reboot of the Fantastic Four in 2015, rumored to include Galactus.

The Sentinels are going to appear in the 2014 X-Men: Days of Future Past film. So yeah