CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

The way it looks to me from the FBTB pics, these are the sets:Arctic Batman and Aquaman vs. Mr. Freeze

1. TDK Batman and Commissioner Gordon vs. Bane
  2. Arkham Asylum: Winged Batman, Robin, Guard, Scarecrow, Penguin, Joker, Harleen Quinzel, and Poison Ivy
  3. Spider-man and Nick Fury vs. Venom
  4. Nova (and Spider-Man?) save Jonah Jameson from Dr. Doom and Beetle

We have the same read based on the minifig line-ups: :grin:

This is my educated guess based on the minifig combinations:

Arkham Asylum - Black Winged Batman, Nightwing, Joker in Prison Suit, Scarecrow, Doctor Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, The Penguin, Prison Guard

Mr. Freeze vs. White Batman and Aquaman set

TDKR set - TDKR Batman, Bane, Comm. Gordon possibly in a "Bat"/Batwing and/or Cammo Tumbler set

Ultimate Spider-man Set #1 - Spiderman, Venom, Nick Fury (?)

Ultimate Spider-man Set#2 - Spiderman, Beetle, Nova, Dr. Doom, JJJ (?)

Just my hunches.

That would be the dream scenario, although I suspect that they will release these sets around December along with the rest of the superhero line. Another situation is that they could just release one set with a big vehicle (perhaps the Bat?)and include Batman, Bane, and Gordon (who looks epic with that SWAT vest).

I highly doubt that they would release the TDKR set(s) 5 months after the movie, it just doesn't make sense at all from a sales & marketing perspective. It also does not mean that just because the TDKR minifigs were first shown together with the other 2013 figs that the TDKR sets will be for 2013. I'd bet they would release it to coincide with the movie's opening, and like as you said, it might be one big set (Batwing + Camo Tumbler with the Batman, Bane, Gordon figs). So if TLG will go this route (which makes perfect sense) then we, or at least the first lucky ones, would have the TDKR sets in a few days time. :sweet:

Having had some time to truly digest the onslaught of imagery we were bestowed this afternoon, I am fairly impressed. Love the Batman villains, Love Aquaman, and I'm blown away by Doctor Doom. And yet, all I can keep thinking is...

NOVA??!! Are you freakin' kidding me?! Of all the wealth of iconic Marvel characters, we get freakin' NOVA!! Colossus? No. Nightcrawler or Cyclops? Nope. Daredevil? Nah. Human Torch or the Thing?? Negative. Punisher? Nada. But Nova, you betcha.

Wait, what???

Finalllllyy, a dark green hood. So obvious an important item and it had to become late 2012 till it was implemented.

No more painting hoods dark green says this observer.

The Marvel figures seem like they are missing pieces. I mean do you really think they would put a Dr.Doom fig in without one or two FF members? And nothing shown so far really seems to go along with Nova? (does he show up in that Ultimate Spiderman cartoon?) the figs shown seem to be lacking a certain equivalency or balance. So hopefully there is more coming. :sweet:

Teenage Nova is in that TV show.

I love the figs, the marvel ones are great, not a fan of DC, but those look cool too. I kinda wish they had made mysterio instead of that beetle guy :( Maybe he'll be in the other half of the figs? Doubt it. Still hoping for an ultron though.. I'm glad they made Venom! He's my second favorite villain! And if people don't think the nick fury is movie accurate or whatever, they can just find a decent black torso, black and pants and a black cape and shabam there you go. Anyone have any guess as to when they'll reveal some more figs or the sets?

The Marvel figures seem like they are missing pieces. I mean do you really think they would put a Dr.Doom fig in without one or two FF members? And nothing shown so far really seems to go along with Nova? (does he show up in that Ultimate Spiderman cartoon?) the figs shown seem to be lacking a certain equivalency or balance. So hopefully there is more coming. :sweet:

I check around online. ALL the figs are in USM.

Anyone have any guess as to when they'll reveal some more figs or the sets?

Same here.

I have just worked out something, why are we being spoilt with all these AWESOME figures now ?

Answer is two fold, toy-wars and TV/film wars......yep, the last has nothing to do with Lego itself but allowing TimeWarner and Disney a leg up for upcoming films and TV shows. The first though is the old battle between Haspro and Lego, Haspro goes beam me up and Lego says 'Peter Parker'....I know who will win and it ain't Captain James T. Kirk. :laugh:

We can now expect the next two days to blow away Star Wars and Ninjago fans just as the past two days have blown away LOTR and SH Fans. :grin:

I have just worked out something, why are we being spoilt with all these AWESOME figures now ?

Answer is two fold, toy-wars and TV/film wars......yep, the last has nothing to do with Lego itself but allowing TimeWarner and Disney a leg up for upcoming films and TV shows. The first though is the old battle between Haspro and Lego, Haspro goes beam me up and Lego says 'Peter Parker'...

I thought of that too, that's why I firmly believe we'll get the TDKR sets the same time the movie is released. Toy merchandise is a marketing ploy to generate interest towards a movie, and with DC's TDKR having the pressure to rival Marvel's Avenger's record-breaking box-office success, they would definitely maximize brand exposure, especially with toys to garner the attention of the most important money-making target audience of all - the kids (adult content of the movie be damned).

:cry_happy: I couldn't be happier with the Batman releases here.

Scarecrow: I think the face is a great improvement. The old one was good from what I saw, but there's something really creepy and haunting about that smile. Plus I was desperate to get one :classic:

Robin isn't a big change, but the hood is a nice little addition for those who might not have him. I would have preferred a new Nightwing but that's fine, I can wait.

Liking the suit and pants on Penguin. Not sure if I'm fully sold on the face but it's a pretty decent representation of the guy.

Freeze looks cool. Liking the whole look of him, I'm really hoping he's wearing goggles in a reverse face though, just cause it'll give a bit of an Arkham City vibe to him.

Asylum Joker we saw yesterday, but he still looks cool. Ivy doesn't seem to have changed, nor the cop. But that Harley is brilliant. I'm wondering if she's meant to be hiding her identity (with the red black costume underneath the clothes) or if it's just meant to be foreshadowing her transformation. Either way it's cool.

I wonder if that Gordon will be in the Dark Knight Rises set? It looks like it's the Gary Oldman style, but by the same measure it might just be a comic Gordon for the Arkham set or something. Won't matter, I'm just curious.

Cool we're getting the Bat-wings in black, and the Dark Knight Rises Bat is great. The new cowl looks great with the white stripe in the right place.

Bane is.... :cry_happy: I'm in love. I'm totally digging the Nolan Bane look, and the fact we're getting him at some point makes me giddy with joy. They even got his one glove!

And White Batman (I assume that'll be released with Freeze) is just sweet as.

I'm going to be spending way too much money on Batman lego next year, and I can't wait!

Well the thing about harley is if she's a nurse it's a disguise. Because real name Harleen Quinzel is a doctor. Not to mention, I think at least in the new continuity her face paint is at least partially permanent chemical discoloration, like the joker's.

Ooh yeah, that's what I thought was off about freeze. :sceptic: He pretty much always has goggles

Penguin is about as good as I think they can do without making him really decayed looking (and more importantly with the inability to incorporate the nose)

Gordon is the one I want the hardest. He's fantastic

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Man, I love the new Marvel figures, but there's something about the style that I just don't like. They're not as detailed as the DC minifigs - probably because they're from a cartoon. I mean, like I said, they're still great, I just want a bit more detail.

Also, hopefully like someone said, it'll be a Spider-Man, Venom and Nick Fury set. $20, I think? Nice and affordable for Nick Fury.

marvel: all sets from one franchise but many characters, maybe one other franchise

2012: all Avengers, x men

2013: Ultimate spider man

Don't forget we've still got the lagged release of the first ultimate spiderman set coming up this year (and actually already shipped some before selling out temporarily)

Man, I love the new Marvel figures, but there's something about the style that I just don't like. They're not as detailed as the DC minifigs - probably because they're from a cartoon. I mean, like I said, they're still great, I just want a bit more detail.

Also, hopefully like someone said, it'll be a Spider-Man, Venom and Nick Fury set. $20, I think? Nice and affordable for Nick Fury.

Yeah I really wish marvel would cut out the middleman. Comic designs straight to the set :thumbup:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Well the thing about harley is if she's a nurse it's a disguise. Because real name Harleen Quinzel is a doctor. Not to mention, I think at least in the new continuity her face paint is at least partially permanent chemical discoloration, like the joker's.

Ooh yeah, that's what I thought was off about freeze. :sceptic: He pretty much always has goggles

Penguin is about as good as I think they can do without making him really decayed looking (and more importantly with the inability to incorporate the nose)

Gordon is the one I want the hardest. He's fantastic

I thought Harley was actually a B@tSh@t crazy Psychiatrist? Sort of the DCU's equivalent to Moonstone? (PS Hey Lego peeps! THUNDERBOLTS = WANT!!!!!)

I thought Harley was actually a B@tSh@t crazy Psychiatrist? Sort of the DCU's equivalent to Moonstone? (PS Hey Lego peeps! THUNDERBOLTS = WANT!!!!!)

Yes but that is a doctor :wink:

I dunno I think I wasn't making much sense :blush: I'd just seen people saying nurse and I hadn't looked back at the picture to check and was just being irritating

Oh and yeah! DC's Suicide Squad a bit more than a bit rip-offy - it's exactly the same premise as Thunderbolts.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Too bad they showed none of the X-Men. :cry_sad:

Agree, X-men are my favorite Marvel line while Batman is my favorite from DC. I hope this doesn't mean we won't see any this year or early next. Regardless I do love the new Batman minifigs shown off, especially the baddies like Penguin, Mr. Freeze, and the Scarecrow!

I highly doubt that they would release the TDKR set(s) 5 months after the movie, it just doesn't make sense at all from a sales & marketing perspective. It also does not mean that just because the TDKR minifigs were first shown together with the other 2013 figs that the TDKR sets will be for 2013. I'd bet they would release it to coincide with the movie's opening, and like as you said, it might be one big set (Batwing + Camo Tumbler with the Batman, Bane, Gordon figs). So if TLG will go this route (which makes perfect sense) then we, or at least the first lucky ones, would have the TDKR sets in a few days time. :sweet:

This would be great, getting the sets that many of us have dreamed of, based on TDKR in just a few days. The only thing that makes me hesitate to think that is going to happen is the lack of news about a potential release of such sets. I mean, what better place to announce to the world that in a week or two that Lego sets based on TDKR will come out, than the SDCC? And as much as I have searched the past few hours, I can't find any information to make me believe that these sets will come out any sooner than December. But here is hoping that I am wrong and you are right! :grin:

Well here is my thoughts on all of the minifigures

From DC we have:

Mister Freeze - Stupid, the one DC character's traditional design I liked is changed to this horrid thing :sick:

Aquaman - The Aquaman I knew was old has long hair and a harpoon for his left hand :tongue: However this is the traditional Aquaman so I respect Lego's decision

Batman in White Suit - A simple recolour, but brilliant. He may be Ice Batman, but I see him as the Arkham City promo Batman

Bane - Awesome, a fantastic surprise

Commissioner Gordon - Awesome

Hooded Robin - Brilliant

Scarecrow - A great update

Joker in Orange Jumpsuit - Always good to have a new type of Joker instead of 6 of the same one

Penguin - Not doing it for me at all :sick:

Harley Quinn in Nurse Outfit - Love the black red costume detail underneath her lab coat

WHERE IS GREEN LANTERN?! :cry_sad:

And we still haven't heard of the Man of Steel set..

From Marvel we have:

Spider-man - Big eyes makes it a little less appealing to me

Nick Fury - You don't here me say this often, but not enough detail!

Venom - Better than the Comin Con one which looked like Black Suit Spiderman than Venom

Nova - Never heard of him before :blush: Before googling him I thought his mask looked really cool, but after it seems there is too much red..

J. Jonah Jameson - Love that Lego made him :sweet:

Victor Von Doom - A bit cartoony but awesome nonetheless

Beetle - Never heard of him as well, but looks really good, love the wings :sweet:

Can't wait for the actual sets :excited:

And we still haven't heard of the Man of Steel set..

If I had to guess, I would say they are going to release new Superman sets to coincide with the June 2013 Superman movie coming out. We prolly won't see anything Lego Superman wise till Toyfair next year.

Also, I see everyone speculating that there will be an Arkham Asylum set that includes most the villains shown off at Comic Con. Howevere, does anyone else find it a little odd the Joker is the only one in an orange jumpsuit? If the Penguin, Poison Ivy, and Scarecrow are all in this set why are they in their normal costumes but not the Joker? Not that I am complaining since we already have a bunch of Jokers in his classic purple costume readily available and no current Penguin or Scarecrow minifigs.. I just found that a little odd though.

Edited by Deathleech

Interesting what you find out on Wikipedia eh ? :wink:

"The Ultimate Marvel version of Beetle debuts in Ultimate Spider-Man #124. Spider-Man first finds him robbing a sample of the Venom symbiote from the Roxxon company. After the brief confrontation, Nick Fury tells Peter Parker not to get involved with the S.H.I.E.L.D. investigation. Beetle breaks into the building that Venom is held in and Venom chases after him. Upon cornering Beetle, Venom is attacked by Spider-Man. When Venom seizes Beetle with his tentacles, Spider-Man saves Beetle who escapes. After Eddie Brock becomes Venom again, Beetle captures him and ships him to Latveria."

So he is a good guy ? :wink:

Sounds like the new minifigs and the above description match eh ? :grin:

Edit - Good guy, perhaps not.....

"The Beetle is set to make an appearance in Ultimate Spider-Man in the episode "Attack of the Beetle"."

Edited by lightningtiger

If I had to guess, I would say they are going to release new Superman sets to coincide with the June 2013 Superman movie coming out. We prolly won't see anything Lego Superman wise till Toyfair next year.

Also, I see everyone speculating that there will be an Arkham Asylum set that includes most the villains shown off at comic Con. Howevere, does anyone else find it a little odd the Joker is the only one in an orange jumpsuit? If the Penguin, Poison Ivy, and Scarecrow are all in this set why are they in their normal costumes but not the Joker? Not that I am complaining since we already have a bunch of Jokers in his classic purple costume readily available and no current Penguin or Scarecrow minifigs.. I just found that a little odd though.

Most people already have the Joker in normal clothing so this is just a way of including him without rehashing the minifigure. Also the other villains have normal clothing because they are the only versions of the characters available. if you had a penguin in a prison outfit, you wouldn't have much use for it besides being in Arkham.

Makes sense

Also, I see everyone speculating that there will be an Arkham Asylum set that includes most the villains shown off at comic Con. Howevere, does anyone else find it a little odd the Joker is the only one in an orange jumpsuit? If the Penguin, Poison Ivy, and Scarecrow are all in this set why are they in their normal costumes but not the Joker? Not that I am complaining since we already have a bunch of Jokers in his classic purple costume readily available and no current Penguin or Scarecrow minifigs.. I just found that a little odd though.

It might be that normal Joker has been already released this year while the others haven't.

The rest might be rescuing Joker from his set

People complaining about Nova. Hes quite a main charactehr in the Spider-man cartoon.

Also! They will be making a guardians of the galaxy movie, wich he should be a part of.

My opinion of the nova figure is the red part of the helmet is too bulky.

I'm really happy they are doing Aquaman! He looks sweet! Jim gordon look very good, but I would have prefered his more iconic look with a brown jacket and tie.

Bane look much better as a real figure compared to the blowup-doll like image of him.

The eyes/eyebrows doesent resemble Movie bane and they look too cartoonish :thumbdown:

290px20.jpg

Edited by deskp

Most people already have the Joker in normal clothing so this is just a way of including him without rehashing the minifigure. Also the other villains have normal clothing because they are the only versions of the characters available. if you had a penguin in a prison outfit, you wouldn't have much use for it besides being in Arkham.

Ya, that's pretty much what I figured, which makes perfect sense. Still, it just seems a little weird the Joker is the only one in the costume if they are all in an Akham Asylum set. They could of put Poison Ivy in an orange jump suit since she seems to be the exact same one that comes with the Batcave set and have the other two villains, the Penguin and Scarecrow breaking everyone out. I wouldn't want the Penguin or Scarecrow in the orange since we don't have any other versions still available in stores.

Edited by Deathleech

Interesting what you find out on Wikipedia eh ? :wink:

"The Ultimate Marvel version of Beetle debuts in Ultimate Spider-Man #124. Spider-Man first finds him robbing a sample of the Venom symbiote from the Roxxon company. After the brief confrontation, Nick Fury tells Peter Parker not to get involved with the S.H.I.E.L.D. investigation. Beetle breaks into the building that Venom is held in and Venom chases after him. Upon cornering Beetle, Venom is attacked by Spider-Man. When Venom seizes Beetle with his tentacles, Spider-Man saves Beetle who escapes. After Eddie Brock becomes Venom again, Beetle captures him and ships him to Latveria."

Sounds like the new minifigs and the above description match eh ? :grin:

Hmmm, interesting indeed. So it looks like it would be Spider-man + Nick Fury vs. Venom + Beetle set.

The rest might be rescuing Joker from his set

Arkham Asylum Breakout - that sounds plausible. Besides, the previous Arkham set had Poison Ivy and Scarecrow in their normal costumes, so it wouldn't surprise if that's also the case in this new set.