Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Bert

USS Constitution-ish type MOC

Ok...I have seen so many of the ships that everyone has created and have tried to come close (at least for my first real attempt at a large sailing ship) to the class that I have seen here. I know she isn't perfect and that she needs work in SO many areas, but, Ive posted her nonetheless. I made her to be accessible down three total decks. All of the top decking can come off and the middle deck once inside can come out as well. A dining area is in the middle with quarters below that. I will try to get more pics up when I am able to. Forgive me for not knowing how to upload to the MOC Forum but here are links. If anyone does and would care to please could certainly se the help!! Enjoy!

IMG_0701

IMG_0703

I actually think this is really good if it's your first try. What is with the colours of the flags? Is it a French ship?(I know it isn't) :pir-cry_sad: The only thing I would change is the cabin, it stands too far out. :jollyroger: One more thing I just thought of - change the bow of the ship so it is in rounded alignment with the bow piece it looks to flat. Also try and give it a bit more of a rounded shape. Two more things I just thought of- change the bow so it is a bit more rounded - looks too flat. Also, if you can, give the ship more of a rounded shape. I hope you take these into consideration and maybe you can change the ship to your liking! :jollyroger:

Edited by Captainmorgan

It's a very nice start actually. Nice to see some USS ships, us Yanks are lacking in seapower atm. :pir_laugh2: All the major things are there, just needs some refinement. :pir-classic:

A couple things I would change:

- Instead of railings all the way around there should be a partial gundeck on the top deck

- The Constitution doesn't have a beakhead, so, unlike most of the ships on this forum, your prow should not dip down, rather it should look like this

- The cabins on the bottom deck aren't very realistic, I think it should be the hold so rather it should have stores and a magazine. Cabins for the officers and such should be on the same deck as the captain's cabin, just forward of it

To deeplink your pictures: 1) click on the picture in your photostream once: 2) click "view all sizes": 3) click "medium 800": 4) control-click on the image and choose "copy image URL": 5) paste that into the image thingy on EB.

Edited by Skipper

Thank you very much! For my first real attempt, I am somewhat pleased. The flags are red white and blue but I can clearly see what you mean about the French stripes one on top of the other.

Thanks to Skipper for the pic posting tips...Much appreciated!

Full view with custom rigging...

7556323646_2deeac6600_c.jpg

Side view...

7556321560_412fc4c266_c.jpg

Boats ready for deployment...

7556320532_6043ea013c_c.jpg

I will also try to post more pics as well.

That's a lovely ship! I especially like the rigging.

I think it's a little too "boxie" and edgy, but apart from that, the rigging's great and the masts are fine too.

Nice work!Keep it up!