Sign in to follow this  
Redhead1982

MOC Medival house

I've been following DC's Guide on medival building, and found some of the tecniques very interesting and useful. Since the best way to learn is to try it out on your own, I went ahead and made a house.

04_medival_landscape.jpg

The house is intentionally done very plainly, without ornaments, as it was built as a farmer's house. I used sand green as it is one of the best colours in my opinion and combined it with the use of 'stoned' corners.

03_medival_landscape.jpg

One of my favourite learned 'tricks' are the window shutters and the roof endings. There's no interior included, as this build was mainly intended as a 'study' model. Also, this was my first build where I tried out a different setup for photography, including a white background, and some photoediting.

Good job! the use of studs where the timber beams go iis interesting, I like your color scheme too!

Keep it up!

~Legonardo~

Cool build, your photos came out nicely :thumbup: The house fits nicely for a farmer's,the chimney is one of my favorite parts.

Keep on building :classic:

Nice! The only thing it really needs is some windows on the back wall, which is feeling a little bare at the moment.

If you ever feel like giving it an interior, you should modify the house so that it can be taken apart w/out having to deconstruct it. Some technic pins would work for that!

~Dwarf

Edited by dwarf-brik