Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

I've said it before: TLG's definition of 'Battle Pack' seems to have changed. Where before it was "Packs to build your army to have big battles" it is now "Have a battle with just this one pack". (the old BPs even said "build your army" on the front - the new ones don't) Remember TLG's target audience - they're more likely to save up money to buy or get their parents to buy one set to have a battle than to buy multiple sets to build armies and then have a battle. And if they do army build, I don't think they're as picky as we are about the specialized minifigs they have duplicates of. I don't like the new BPs, and I fully agree with the army builders when they say they don't like the new BPs, but I can't argue with TLG's decision to change the BPs. (if it was indeed made based on what I've said)

I can understand this, though I may not like it.

I hope that since Disney now owns Star Wars they can re-look at the Hasbro action figure license agreement. Granted, I know Hasbro is locked-in for some time now, it would be nice if Lego could sway Disney into letting them go into more single figures - even if it was just removeable magnet sets. Alternatively, Lego could look at a special order program for army-builders where figures, like Stormtroopers, could be pre-ordered in bulk and once the production run maximum is hit, then Lego would produce that run. That way Lego could continually monitor just how many Stromtroopers they would have to make to meet demand and it could be an ongoing program.

I like how Krell's face doesn't look over detailed... Or at least not as over detailed as other heads. It has a good balance of detail and simplicity in my opinion.

Edited by Walter

I can understand this, though I may not like it.

I hope that since Disney now owns Star Wars they can re-look at the Hasbro action figure license agreement. Granted, I know Hasbro is locked-in for some time now, it would be nice if Lego could sway Disney into letting them go into more single figures - even if it was just removeable magnet sets. Alternatively, Lego could look at a special order program for army-builders where figures, like Stormtroopers, could be pre-ordered in bulk and once the production run maximum is hit, then Lego would produce that run. That way Lego could continually monitor just how many Stromtroopers they would have to make to meet demand and it could be an ongoing program.

It was pretty much Hasbro that literally made GL's fortune. (He had given back all of his profits from the actual movies. All he kept for himself was the merchandising. Hasbro made more than SW itself.) It was those first 3 1/2" action figs that sparked the imaginations of millions of kids worldwide and has gotten them to pour out money hand over fist to get them. As long as Hasbro is still doing their usual superb job with the action figures lines, I can't see Disney doing a thing to mess with it.

What is really annoying about the license conflict, is that i am never going to be buying action figires made by hasbro... Theyre just not my thing, until i have kids then i would actively seek out to get them. At no point would one be taking from the other if starwars lego figs were able to be mass produced as battlepack army builders, so hasbro arent losing any money from me. Obviously there are people in different situations that may decide to favour minifigs over hasbro figs if it got changed, but for me it is more frustrating because one has no bearing on the other :(

What is really annoying about the license conflict, is that i am never going to be buying action figires made by hasbro... Theyre just not my thing, until i have kids then i would actively seek out to get them. At no point would one be taking from the other if starwars lego figs were able to be mass produced as battlepack army builders, so hasbro arent losing any money from me. Obviously there are people in different situations that may decide to favour minifigs over hasbro figs if it got changed, but for me it is more frustrating because one has no bearing on the other :(

Hey, I'm a parent who buys LEGO for his kids. But, I also want to buy for me too, I'll buy the product if I think it's cool, but I agree with you guys saying it's adults who pay for all this stuff anyway, right? Come on TLG, throw us a bone once in a while will ya? Hasbro will do just fine, ok? They're still on top of the action figure market anyway, right? And yes, LEGO, I'm going to buy at least thirty of your new 2013 crapplepacks. Like that? I just made that sh*& up; crapplepack. :laugh:

It was pretty much Hasbro that literally made GL's fortune. (He had given back all of his profits from the actual movies. All he kept for himself was the merchandising. Hasbro made more than SW itself.) It was those first 3 1/2" action figs that sparked the imaginations of millions of kids worldwide and has gotten them to pour out money hand over fist to get them. As long as Hasbro is still doing their usual superb job with the action figures lines, I can't see Disney doing a thing to mess with it.

Huh? Actually it was Kenner who established the SW action figure base in the '70s and '80s. Hasbro didn't get it till they took over Kenner in the late '90s.

Hasbro's work on the license is not in debate, it's a matter of how much more money Disney could make by extentding the Lego portion of the license. It's already well known that Lego minifigures do not damage Hasbro action figure sales, it's just Hasbro being paranoid.

Pieces

75000:124

75001:63

75002:222

75003:177

75004:373

75005:380

75012:226

75013:493

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but when is the release date for these set?

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but when is the release date for these set?

Hopefully within the next 35 days.

-Sci

Thanks for the piece count nrg! I was expecting the rancor pit to be more and the Umbaran MHC, AT-RT and Headhunter to be less though.

Well with this information, I here are my prdictions for set prices now based on existing sets now...

Battle Packs-12.99$ (Based off of the 2012 battle packs)

A-wing Starfighter-19.99$ (Based off of the Droid Escape and Geonosian Cannon sets)

AT-RT Walker-24.99$ (Based off the Battle of Naboo Set)

Z-95 Headhunter-44.99$ (Based off the Republic Striker-Class Starfighter)

Rancor Pit-49.99$ (Based off the Bounty Hunter Gunship and TIE Fighter sets)

Umbaran MHC-59.99$( Based off the X-Wing Starfighter)

Liminted Edtion Sets--

Republic BARC Speeder Bike-29.99$( Based off Saesee's Tiin's Jedi Starfighter)

Battle of Hoth-49.99$( Based off Cad Bane's Speeder)

In the end though, I really don't know as the piece counts are very different from previous waves.

Hey, I'm a parent who buys LEGO for his kids. But, I also want to buy for me too, I'll buy the product if I think it's cool, but I agree with you guys saying it's adults who pay for all this stuff anyway, right? Come on TLG, throw us a bone once in a while will ya? Hasbro will do just fine, ok? They're still on top of the action figure market anyway, right? And yes, LEGO, I'm going to buy at least thirty of your new 2013 crapplepacks. Like that? I just made that sh*& up; crapplepack. :laugh:

That is pretty funny! The current BP is definitely hurting sales as far as I'm concerned. I don't care about amassing a CIS army as I am a Clone one. If they would do single faction ones, I would buy as many as I could.

Edited by Legocrazy81

I heard the rancor pit is going to be £60 so it surely wouldnt be $50 as that equates to £30ish, Surely they are not going to rip us off by double?

I heard the rancor pit is going to be £60 so it surely wouldnt be $50 as that equates to £30ish, Surely they are not going to rip us off by double?

Some of the sets are already offered by amazon.co.uk. But I'll guess they'll available discounted sooner or later.

That tie-bomber pilot in 75008 seems to have a new print.

It does indeed! It's based off one of the various TIE helmets visible in the films. Sometimes it's tough to see the silver detailing, but the TIE helmets were mostly custom-decorated just like the Rebel helmets--the big central silver stripe like in 75008, silver 'tear' lines down the cheeks... Hasbro's covered a lot of that in recent years with the various pilot figure packs and vehicle pack-in figures. Not a fan of the 'asteroid field', but I'll have to get that set for the pilot and mini-bomber at least! He'll make a good squad leader for my few TIE pilot minifigs :)

Has this been posted or not, there are pictures of THE NEW HOTH SET HERE

image.jpg

And here's one with the box set of the hoth set

image.jpg

Has this been posted or not, there are pictures of THE NEW HOTH SET HERE

[snip]

And here's one with the box set of the hoth set

[snip]

Meh, pass for me. Cool though.

-Sci

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images from recent posts.

^ I also noticed that, I think it's just a mistake unless there is more figures that isn't on the box

I have Translated the source which I got this news from, it is called hothbricks.com :

Forward for the visual ones of the set of which one did not know big thing so far: 75014 Battle of Hoth.

It is the site exoforce.ru that already had posted on-line the description of the set that publishes these pictures.

To the menu, a Snowspeeder, a Speederbike, minifigs to the peels (5 aligned ones on wood but 6 in action and 7 on the visual one), blasters, a communication turret, a Tauntaun, a Probe Droid, brief, a great Battle Pack.

(Thank you to Anak in the commentaries)