Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

Thanks! My only question is: are you sure about the Tauntaun or is this just a guess?

Tauntaun is my guess.

The exact lettering would be " t a u n a t ".

Help commander Rikanu and Luke Skywalker on a snow speeder protect Defense Forces rebel infantry from imperial snow!

Heck, I thought you only had to worry about yellow snow! :tongue:

I'm definitely excited for all these opportunities for clones(even plain Phase 1). That olive green(?) colored clone is a Sergeant, yes? Krell looks pretty darn good, I fear he is going to be a bit too tall though. Clones should come to his shoulder(according to the posted picture a few pages back) so we'll see how that turns out.

The Hoth set sounds suspiciously like 7666 + 7749 with the same minifigs collection as 7666 substituting Rieekan for K-3P0.

The biggest disappointment is no Ion cannon.

Same here, I don't get it, I really like Hoth, it was the coolest thing in the all the movies. But Lego wise I had a little enough of it. But it seems that white is the cheapest colour to produce...

Actually 7666 had unique some white bricks injected with sky blue ink to simulate ice. They looked sh*t hot. .

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

That olive green(?) colored clone is a Sergeant, yes?

Yes, the green markings are for sergeant. Would have been a much better army-builder set, if it was just another generic white clone, though.

Well, I just measured my 2010 snowspeeder from the Wampa Cave set and all the measurements are the same, so I think we can predict that its the same model snowspeeder. I wondering if the Snow Troopers in this set will have leg printing on them as well as Hoth Rebel Tooper. I'm also questioning the reality of this set being a summeer wave set as it seems more along the lines of a Limited Edition set. I hope now that this set is actually one of the Limited Edition sets of the winter wave snd that we actually start getting 7 regular sets for the winter wave(The 2 Battle Packs, AT-RT, A-Wing, Z-95, Umbaran MHC and Rancor Pit) and two limited edition sets for the winter wave as we usually do( Republic BARC Speeder and Battle of Hoth.) This also has led me to believe that these will be the prices of the winter wave sets...

Two Battle Packs-12.99$

AT-RT-19.99

A-wing-24.99$

Z-95 Headhunter-39.99$

Umbaran MHC-49.99$

Rancor Pit-59.99$

Republic BARC Speeder(Limited Edition Set)-29.99$

Battle of Hoth(Limited Edition Set)-49.99$

I really don't know though, I guess we'll just have to wait another couple of weeks until lego starts release pictures and prices online.

Tauntaun is my guess.

The exact lettering would be " t a u n a t ".

Thanks again.

Other sites and http://ru.starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ use the term "Š¢Š°ŃƒŠ½Ń‚Š°ŃƒŠ½" for the tauntaun, which, to me, is pretty close to "тŠ°ŃƒŠ½Š°Ń‚" - so close that I take it for granted that we'll get a new set containing a tauntaun :classic:

I wondering if the Snow Troopers in this set will have leg printing on them as well as Hoth Rebel Tooper.

Leg printing for Snowtroopers would be odd, indicating that TLG changed there stance on when leg printing is used.

Edited by Brickadeer

Yes, the green markings are for sergeant. Would have been a much better army-builder set, if it was just another generic white clone, though.

Well, the sergeants aren't too bad, you can do what I plan to, and that is to use them as squad leaders. That way you can buy a lot(I plan on buying at least 10).

Well, the sergeants aren't too bad, you can do what I plan to, and that is to use them as squad leaders. That way you can buy a lot(I plan on buying at least 10).

That's what I usually do. My clone armies have mass rather than accuracy! Sergeants look pretty cool, and it's a great opportunity to get an olive green clone trooper! Sadly, I'm only able to afford three of each battle pack a year.

As for the HR pecs of Krell, I might have to pass on that fig. The proportions are pretty off. The torso is to tall, and the legs too stubby, in my opinion.

GENERAL RIEEKAN and TWO SNOWSPEEDER PILOTS!!!!!!!!!

This news made my day :wub:

Wedge Antilles and his gunner Wes Janson, please LEGO, pleaaaaaaaaaaaase!!! :laugh:

Luke will pretty much be the only snowspeeder pilot in this set.

The pourist in me is just too OCD to go that route. :wink:

Edited by Hawkman

The pourist in me is just too OCD to go that route. :wink:

Well...You could always just make them a different class of regular troopers-like the Bomb Squad- and line them up with the normal clones. That way you can buy, buy, buy! :laugh:

7666 had Luke + Dack as snowspeeder pilots.

Maybe. But I think that to decide what minifigs will/may be inlcuded in the set we should stick to the description of the set, rather than looking at which minifigs were included in 7666.

The description mentions 5 minifigs, two them are the same and called "snowspeeder pilots". The term is confusing because in the Star Wars context, the term "snow speeder" has a fixed meaning. But I think that it's more reasonable to conclude from the whole text that it refers to two imperial speeder "pilots" (more precisely, imperial snowtroopers, like in 8083 or 7879) rather than to assume that the set will contain Luke in snowspeeder gear plus two further rebel snowspeeder pilots and no imperial troopers.

Edited by Brickadeer

Maybe. But I think that to decide what minifigs will/may be inlcuded in the set we should stick to the description of the set, rather than looking at which minifigs were included in 7666.

The description mentions 5 minifigs, two them are the same and called "snowspeeder pilots". The term is confusing because in the Star Wars context, the term "snow speeder" has a fixed meaning. But I think that it's more reasonable to conclude from the whole text that it refers to two imperial speeder "pilots" (more precisely, imperial snowtroopers, like in 8083 or 7879) rather than to assume that the set will contain Luke in snowspeeder gear plus two further rebel snowspeeder pilots and no imperial troopers.

I don't get it...why can't you have 2 rebel snowspeeder pilots and 2 snowtroopers, with the 5th fig being Rieekan. This represents the most balanced distribution of 5 minifigs.

I don't get it...why can't you have 2 rebel snowspeeder pilots and 2 snowtroopers, with the 5th fig being Rieekan. This represents the most balanced distribution of 5 minifigs.

Of course it's possible. The translation says, "Luke Skywalker in clothing for snow speeder, General Rick, a rebel-infantryman from the planet Hoth and 2 pilots snow speeders." So the question is if the "rebel-infantryman" represents a snowspeeder pilot or not. I'd say no, basically because (1) it's not translated as a "pilot" and (2) a trench without a "normal" Hoth rebel would be comparatively odd. That's why I don't share your view that it represents "the most balanced distribution of 5 minifigs."

The text also mentions that there is a speeder bike... rebels didn't have Hoth rebel speeder bikes, and the e-web blaster. Why would these be included if no troopers of Imperialness were included to man these 2 items? It could only therefore support the theory of the 2 Imperial snow speeder pilots being 2 Imperial Snowtroopers.

2 imperial snowtroopers, luke and a hoth rebel... and then Rieekan... 5 figs will never be balanced... but it is good enough for me. I am positive there will be plenty of bad characters released.

Edited by Fuppylodders

Tell me about it. When will TLG figure this out? We are willing to PAY for army builders! :hmpf: They used to be good at it, but now, :facepalm:

Tell me about it. When will TLG figure this out? We are willing to PAY for army builders! :hmpf: They used to be good at it, but now, :facepalm:

I've said it before: TLG's definition of 'Battle Pack' seems to have changed. Where before it was "Packs to build your army to have big battles" it is now "Have a battle with just this one pack". (the old BPs even said "build your army" on the front - the new ones don't) Remember TLG's target audience - they're more likely to save up money to buy or get their parents to buy one set to have a battle than to buy multiple sets to build armies and then have a battle. And if they do army build, I don't think they're as picky as we are about the specialized minifigs they have duplicates of. I don't like the new BPs, and I fully agree with the army builders when they say they don't like the new BPs, but I can't argue with TLG's decision to change the BPs. (if it was indeed made based on what I've said)